shape
carat
color
clarity

Have a question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hawkeye

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of buying diamond earrings for my wife so i started looking at a few of the online vendors that everyone talks about here.
One of the diamonds i am interested in is listed as Ideal polish and Ideal symmetry, when i click on the "View Sarin Report" it says Ideal Proportion.
My question is...how can you have 3 ideals and the certificate says Excellent polish and Excellent symmetry?? What am i missing? or is it just and error?

http://web.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-512855.htm#

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
This White Flash diamond has an AGS Cert. AGS rates symmetry, polish, AND the proportions of the cut. That's why there are 3 grades. GIA Certs grade polish and symmetry.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
PQ....nope, that's not it. This is not a GIA graded diamond.

If you click on the link he provided, the info shows it's an AGS grading report....unlike most of them I've seen. The polish and symmetry are listed as Excellent instead of as Ideal. This grading report was issued on 10/13/2003.

I wondered if this might be a "dossier" version of AGS because of the weight, but I see others (ACA diamonds) with less weight that have a full report, and this report doesn't appear abbreviated.

Either way, I'm not sure I understand why they would use the terms "excellent" instead of ideal.

Lesley.....any input on this?????

magna2

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 1/29/2004 10:24:42 AM Hunter wrote:

One of the diamonds i am interested in is listed as Ideal polish and Ideal symmetry, when i click on the 'View Sarin Report' it says Ideal Proportion.
My question is...how can you have 3 ideals and the certificate says Excellent polish and Excellent symmetry?? What am i missing? or is it just and error?

http://web.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-512855.htm#----------------

You are not missing anything. The plain and simple truth of the matter is that the Whiteflash description is incorrect.

rodent.gif

Hawkeye

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies.
After futher checking it seems the desciption on the site is wrong. When you have EX EX and the sarin report says ideal proportions something is wrong with the polish or the symmetry. The diamonds i am looking at all have AGS
"Diamond Quality Documents" the diamond from WF has a "Diamond Quality Report" What is the difference?

skibum

Rough_Rock
Good question Hunter,
I've often wondered why some dealers have the AGS Report instead of the Document. It does not have as much info on it. Why wouldn't an ideal cut dealer want to provide the most complete report?
Maybe some of the pros out there can answer.
Thanks

Cheers,
David

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
OK. When I went to the link, I saw AGS Cert and didn't investigate further. So, I went back to the link.

This diamond is an Expert Selection, Round Ideal Cut diamond. The Sarin Report number matches the AGS Cert number. There is a difference between the Cert grades (Ex/Ex) and the Sarin grading (Id/Id/Id), but several details on both are similar. The Sarin is attached below.

WFPSThread.jpg

roshita

Rough_Rock
There are no errors. They are different reports, the Diamond Quality Document and the Diamond Quality Report. The DQR will list ideal polish and symmetry as excellent.

See link: http://www.agslab.com/products_services.html

Hope this helps to clear any confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results