shape
carat
color
clarity

Hauynite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
*Colored Gemstone Nut*

Do you know anything about Hauynites? They look like beautiful stones, but there aren''t many pics or info on them.

The stone in the pic is only 0.22ct and an Si1, but is a good sample of the best color hauynites come in.

Hauynite.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
This is about as big and beautiful as they get. In fact, the bigest may be about thrice (0.6ct) but the source of this info is not really all that great. Most examples (and these would be just geological samples, not gems) would be very dark: blueish or brownish black. The picture represents a real hero of this species! I suspect the price of the above was not all that low either... Lower hardness and sheer rarity prevent these crystals from competing with sapphires (as you may see), but this reasoning is quite common in the ream of colored gems, unfortunately. Otherwise, what details would you be interested in?

Boom

Shiny_Rock
valeria101

Thank you for your post.
I just thought ths stone was a gorgeous blue and appeared to have a glow that was very attractive to me. Too bad they're so rare and so small.

I found an example of one that has been set in a ring. I just wish the stone was bigger.

Hauyniteset.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet there are quite a few places wher one could find these gems, but, since I wasn't particularly hunting after them, I just know one: Lapilia.com and Thaigem, if you want to try. Both sources may provide better pieces upon request, but pricing for something this odd is everybody's guess. The respective 'glow' - the sign of good color saturation is also seen in high quality sapphires which, even if not extremely common, should be available...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results