clarity

Hauyne

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, Hi ! Did you get this?
It's such a gorgeous blue ~ couldn't it become a pendant?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me? Naw, thats way too small. Kenny is the King of Tiny Stones. My arse is so clumsy that it would be a travesty...I'd lose it in a rug somewhere :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the color however...I have a kyanite about the same color, though its closer to 3cts (and will remain unset considering the cleavage issues) but I know there are folks that Love this stuff and are always on the lookout for it. Brad had another larger one that sold (it was .39 :shock: )

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fact that these gems come in tiny sizes and they're soft really make them exclusively collector's stones. There are some hauyne that are very very neon in color though and they can be pretty, but they're so small. Notice he's using rubber tipped tweezers with the stone.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely color!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
They are super brittle - if you look at them the wrong way they split... :nono:

I've heard that they can be stabilised using Loctite and it's pretty undetectable. They're oh so pretty, oh so expensive in bigger sizes and really only suitable for keeping in a box (IMHO).

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Hauyne is one of those gems that I almost always drool over. :lickout: I have a few small ones that I really want to set into a pendant. :shock: I just don't know if I'm brave enough to go through with it.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TL but I don't see me wearing anything like that. ;))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is stunning - hard to believe that comes out of the earth. I would be perfectly happy with some of rockhugger's rough. By the way, where has she been lately?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The guy from the German company that was selling Hauynes told me they were stabilized. But if there is no other way to use it in a jewelry, and it is so beautiful, I'd go for a stabilized one... only bigger.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1308631521|2950829 said:
That color is stunning - hard to believe that comes out of the earth. I would be perfectly happy with some of rockhugger's rough. By the way, where has she been lately?

I know!! I hope she comes back to PS.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1308668546|2951010 said:
minousbijoux|1308631521|2950829 said:

I know!! I hope she comes back to PS.

+1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results