shape
carat
color
clarity

Has your significant other given you a really tacky present? If so please make me feel better!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, they're growing on me. In your first post, with the plastic wrapping, they were NOT as appealing, but now displayed with the framed card, and blue bowl, they're kinda cute!

My dh gave me the most hideous "work outfit" for Mother's day last year (while working from home ?!?!?!) it was a blouse with ruffled high collar, and mustard slacks. They still have their tags on them....my excuse is that I'm still working from home, do not need to wear anything but yoga pants!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be crazy but I really like them. My husband has bought several for his mother over the years.

Well it didn’t happen to me, but a really close friend of mine had a boyfriend who brought her a rose every time he met her or took her out on a date... for two years. This would be very sweet except for the fact that she was allergic to roses and didn’t want to tell him because the first time he got her a flower she didn’t want to say anything and sound difficult, and then afterwards when it became a tradition she didn’t want to embarrass or upset him. So she suffered through hay fever for like 2 years before finally breaking down and telling him that she loved the sentiment but the flowers were killing her lol.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I’m back with photos of the hideous outfit my dh got me....and I stand corrected, the pants were not mustard color, they’re burnt orange! And the blouse is in a color I can’t describe with shiny rose gold thread woven in the material

05AC9E8B-6275-475B-947D-06A058CA7B40.jpeg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@GlitterInMyHair and @daisy LOL! These examples are hilarious! I found pics of two articles of clothing DH got me one Christmas. I’m very petite and this sweater was giant and ugly. It’s stretched across a lazy boy chair so you can see the size. And the tank top is teeny tiny. The nail polish beside it shows the scale. It’s never a great idea for guys to pick out clothes for their SOS imho but seriously this is what he came up with? Lol!!
@Mreader, The sweater is for wearing when you're out without him. The little tank top is for dates with your DH!

I think the reason for my my ugly work outfit (with high neckline) is because before the pandemic, I was at the office 10-12 hours, my husband clearly wanted me to look as unattractive as possible to my coworkers! That is the only explanation for that outfit!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @MamaBee this has been such a fun thread!
Clearly the sentiment is the gift, it’s so sweet and heartfelt!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The rest of the story.

She tried to play off she liked them even though it was apparent otherwise. Being me, I decided to have some fun with her. So each time I would see her, I would intently look around and ask where the new art was and if she needed help. She had an array of (bad) excuses but I let them slide.

Finally after several months of this cat & mouse game, she broke down & came clean.

Short version is she was excited & nervous to be dating me and it got the best of her. She was so focused on making a good impression, which to her partially meant no awkward silence, she instead opted to grasp at the one thing she was familiar with (thanks to grandma) and go off on a tangent about The Duke, lol.

Shortly after, we re-gifted the posters to her grandma along with the funny backstory. Grandma was spunky and had a great sense of humor, so naturally we clicked and not only razzed each other but also unified to razz the girlfriend.

That’s such a cute story @sledge! I loved reading it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m back with photos of the hideous outfit my dh got me....and I stand corrected, the pants were not mustard color, they’re burnt orange! And the blouse is in a color I can’t describe with shiny rose gold thread woven in the material

@jaysonsmom That outfit is a keeper! Hahaha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it didn’t happen to me, but a really close friend of mine had a boyfriend who brought her a rose every time he met her or took her out on a date... for two years. This would be very sweet except for the fact that she was allergic to roses and didn’t want to tell him because the first time he got her a flower she didn’t want to say anything and sound difficult, and then afterwards when it became a tradition she didn’t want to embarrass or upset him. So she suffered through hay fever for like 2 years before finally breaking down and telling him that she loved the sentiment but the flowers were killing her lol.

This made me laugh out loud! The last sentence was the killer! lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee those flowers are so ugly but your love for your sweet husband comes through in every post. I’ve laughed so much reading through this thread!

I’ve been laughing too! Somehow I feel understood so I can keep them and they won’t make me sick. :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel ill. I just went to the site to see how much they are. The prices are crazy expensive! It depends on the color....

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I feel ill. I just went to the site to see how much they are. The prices are crazy expensive! It depends on the color....

Yes, from what I've seen they are definitely expensive. He wanted to get you something nice.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Yikes! I see that the tags are also still attached :lol-2: .

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Similar DH, @Mreader! One year DH got me yoga pants, size XL. I wear a small. So I told him I was offended. seriously, XL?!? The next gift he brought was a Houston Rockets t-shirt, the cut too tight slutty looking kind in an XS. Just no. I had to tell him to never buy clothes again. Never ever.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Yikes! I see that the tags are also still attached :lol-2: .

Yup! Tags still attached on the blouse and pants! This was from last Mother's day, so 1 year ago!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a lovely note and so sweet that you framed it.
DH got me this tank top for my Bday a couple years back. He still asks why I don’t wear it. It’s as colorful as your roses :)
B4A5B15A-2E96-4FAC-95C2-C1FD4D27D192.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH got me this tank top for my Bday a couple years back. He still asks why I don’t wear it. It’s as colorful as your roses :)

OMG! That is hysterical @kgizo!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Similar DH, @Mreader! One year DH got me yoga pants, size XL. I wear a small. So I told him I was offended. seriously, XL?!? The next gift he brought was a Houston Rockets t-shirt, the cut too tight slutty looking kind in an XS. Just no. I had to tell him to never buy clothes again. Never ever.

@Gussie I’m so happy I’m not alone! :lol:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

q3iCWqE.gif

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All right, am I the only one who thinks they're pretty? They're much nicer than the flannel shirt hoodie I got for my birthday last year.:knockout:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am going to frame the note and place it under the flowers so no one thinks I bought them! Hahahaha
Oh that would be so important to call out, otherwise people might think you love it and get you more! :lol-2:

OMG the rainbow vomiting shark is priceless :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GlitterInMyHair and @daisy LOL! These examples are hilarious! I found pics of two articles of clothing DH got me one Christmas. I’m very petite and this sweater was giant and ugly. It’s stretched across a lazy boy chair so you can see the size. And the tank top is teeny tiny. The nail polish beside it shows the scale. It’s never a great idea for guys to pick out clothes for their SOS imho but seriously this is what he came up with? Lol!!

58E1D506-00F1-4132-A747-943193E43679.jpeg

B542F1E8-B596-4396-B135-4BE5E4D1B03D.jpeg

Yanno, you could deconstruct the pink sweater into a very nice throw! :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a small frame which I’ll use for now. I’ll get a nicer one later..I thought you would like to see all the colors..lol
71F477A9-4901-4976-82DB-0329034B6834.jpeg 576B1ED1-4D70-4E69-87D1-0D47E892C149.jpeg

They don't look that bad with the vase-display thingy obscured

How wonderfully to wake up with a laugh in your heart

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

The pants id wear if everything else was in the wash but my junior thigh school uniform was brown ....so i valid most browns like the plague

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results