shape
carat
color
clarity

Has your significant other given you a really tacky present? If so please make me feel better!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha I actually like the way you displayed them @MamaBee ! I think it's a super sweet thought and don't think they look too bad, but I also think metal flowers in general are cool, so might be just me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don’t want anything to happen to them so you need to store them somewhere safe.

Like under the bed, in a box. :Up_to_something:

Hahaha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha I actually like the way you displayed them @MamaBee ! I think it's a super sweet thought and don't think they look too bad, but I also think metal flowers in general are cool, so might be just me.

Thank you @lovedogs..They’re supposedly real flowers that were preserved. What’s your address? I can send them to you..hahaha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee The roses are not *that* bad, lol.

My husband got me a motion activated billy bass singing fish once. He said he was trying for something unexpected :doh:

header-3-1.gif

@GlitterInMyHair I laughed out loud! That’s so funny!!!My husband wants to know why I’m laughing so hard! I’m going to get in trouble! Hahaha

elizat

Ideal_Rock
He’ll notice..He helped me arrange them. He said, “I don’t think you like them. You just like the thought.” I lied through my teeth because he looked hurt. :(2

I would find some sort of vase that you think is quite pretty and get some floral foam and stick them in floral foam for the base.

That way, the vase will be the focus, rather than the flowers. You can tell him that you wanted a prettier display.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, I like them and I love that he got them for you and the note he wrote. I think it's so sweet. I would display them proudly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would find some sort of vase that you think is quite pretty and get some floral foam and stick them in floral foam for the base.

That way, the vase will be the focus, rather than the flowers. You can tell him that you wanted a prettier display.

That’s a great idea @elizat. He also bought the holder for them. I think
after some time I’ll move them to the bedroom.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw roses like that somewhere recently, but I liked them because they were pretty lilac and pink colors.

In this case, it's the thought that counts. He probably thinks everlasting roses are super-romantic. It's not as if it's a horrendous coat or piece of jewelry that you're expected to wear. (Luckily!)

My ex once got me some super-tacky earrings in 14k white gold. I couldn't bear to wear them. After a few years, I got rid of them.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, I like them and I love that he got them for you and the note he wrote. I think it's so sweet. I would display them proudly.

@ringbling17 I love the note. I’m going to frame it and keep it under the flowers. The note is very sweet..It will also alert anyone who sees them that HE bought it for me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband called me on the way home to ask me if I received a package...He had accidentally had the package mailed to himself. They are preserved roses in both red and yellow. There’s a bunch of them in the box..The edges are dipped in 24 karat gold. They feel like they’re metal or enamel. They’re for Mother’s Day. They are so tacky and awful. They come with a holder to display them “forever because they won’t die..” I wish!
9E608ED9-BE2B-4731-B43F-1228A333B314.jpeg 2EB804CE-E47E-43C3-878D-6DFD9D3A565C.jpeg 5FC4E91C-A7B2-434A-848C-E30C996C8470.jpeg

Oh dear
Its the thought that counts
You might have to display them in a vase for a few weeks then move them to a dark corner (that needs brightening up ;)2 ) remove a light bulb if you have to but don't hurt his feelings
A spair bedroom perhaps?
the laundry springs to mind also
Especially if your laundry is in the garage !
Seriously i keep tacky stuff and warn out stuff im not ready to let go of in the laundry on a high self above the door
Sometimes i enjoy looking at it

Perhaps you have an outside loo ?

Tacky ...hmmm
well i once got gifted crotchless knickers ....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw roses like that somewhere recently, but I liked them because they were pretty lilac and pink colors.

In this case, it's the thought that counts. He probably thinks everlasting roses are super-romantic. It's not as if it's a horrendous coat or piece of jewelry that you're expected to wear. (Luckily!)

My ex once got me some super-tacky earrings in 14k white gold. I couldn't bear to wear them. After a few years, I got rid of them.

@Jambalaya He bought me really scary jewelry early on. Now I usually buy my own. He writes the amount down in a card and I pick out what I want. I told him after the upgrade he was done. I never got jewelry on Mother’s Day though...usually real flowers.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear
Its the tought that counts
You might have to cosplay them in a vase for a few weeks then move them to a dark corner (that needs brightening up ;)2 ) remove a light bulb if you have to but don't hurt his feelings
A spair bedroom perhaps?
the laundry springs to mind also
Especially if your laundry is in the garage !
Seriously i keep tacky stuff and warn out stuff im not ready to let go of in the laundry on a high self above the door
Sometimes i enjoy looking at it

Perhaps you have an outside loo ?

Tacky ...hmmm
well i once got gifted crotchless knickers ....

Hahahahahaha @Daisys and Diamonds!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are they from here?

If so, so expensive! I'd tell him.

Oh dear
A lifetime warranty :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

The idea is really sweet @ringbling17 He thinks I’m golden so he got me gold dipped roses. That is such a stretch for him.. It’s really a cute idea.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
BC00EF14-0F42-4342-8BAA-B2BF0ADA13BD.jpeg
I read the note and couldn’t say anything....lol

Oh crap
That's so sweet
And its the deluxe bunch too

Now i see them its reminding me of certain 1980s decore that my mother used to say will date terribly ;)2;)2

Seriously try displaying then with real foliage

.....do you have a cleaning lady
she could 'in error' chuck the whole lot out when the real stuff is wilted ?

i had a freind who did this in the winter with artificial delphiniums and real foliage - it looked really good in a beautiful vase ....
(ditch that display thingy btw ;)2) ....but her cleaning lady kept throwing out the exspensive fake ones as well as the real leaves

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wifey says she loves them.
I got her a gold plated rose as a gift many years ago and she still treasures it.

That’s so sweet @Karl_K I want my husband to call me wifey. He calls me Spouse..:roll2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The idea is really sweet @ringbling17 He thinks I’m golden so he got me gold dipped roses. That is such a stretch for him.. It’s really a cute idea.

Oh dear
he really is a sweetie

You night just gave to grin and bare it
but i have very much enjoyed your thread - laughing with you, not at him
so all is not lost =)2

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@GlitterInMyHair and @daisy LOL! These examples are hilarious! I found pics of two articles of clothing DH got me one Christmas. I’m very petite and this sweater was giant and ugly. It’s stretched across a lazy boy chair so you can see the size. And the tank top is teeny tiny. The nail polish beside it shows the scale. It’s never a great idea for guys to pick out clothes for their SOS imho but seriously this is what he came up with? Lol!!

58E1D506-00F1-4132-A747-943193E43679.jpeg

B542F1E8-B596-4396-B135-4BE5E4D1B03D.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee The roses are not *that* bad, lol.

My husband got me a motion activated billy bass singing fish once. He said he was trying for something unexpected :doh:

header-3-1.gif

I can't remember which prince or princess gave one of those to the Queen for Christmas one year
but she loved it
Billy Bass is kind of adorable

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@GlitterInMyHair and @daisy LOL! These examples are hilarious! I found pics of two articles of clothing DH got me one Christmas. I’m very petite and this sweater was giant and ugly. It’s stretched across a lazy boy chair so you can see the size. And the tank top is teeny tiny. The nail polish beside it shows the scale. It’s never a great idea for guys to pick out clothes for their SOS imho but seriously this is what he came up with? Lol!!

58E1D506-00F1-4132-A747-943193E43679.jpeg

B542F1E8-B596-4396-B135-4BE5E4D1B03D.jpeg

I would like to know if he bought that sweater in 1989? I remember chenille sweaters quite well. I would have worn that with multiple pairs of socks scrunched up, layered.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results