shape
carat
color
clarity

Has This Happened to You?

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Do your eyes automatically go to the left ring finger of every woman you come across? I hope I don't sound like a nut but it's almost like my eyes track there automatically. I admire the stone, the setting and generally how nice it is to have something shiny on that finger :p.

Is this another symptom of LIWitis or am I alone on this one?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I do that too!
The other day I saw a beautiful sparkly HUGE diamond ring worn by a customer and was so in awe I couldn't even say anything to her. Oops.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh I do that too! I try and TRY to stop myself, but it is darn near impossible! :lol:

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
omg, I am soooo guilty of doing that!! I always feel like such a perv because I can't stop staring once I see a sparkly ring! :oops: So glad I'm not alone in this.

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
I'm 100% with you, too. Yesterday I was waiting for the train, and the sparkle of the woman's left ring finger next to me caught my eye and I felt like a stalker - I kept trying to see around the book she was reading so I could check out the bling. What can I say, the sparkle made an impression! :halo:

I'm wondering if this will go away when we have our own sparkly rings. I imagine it will because then we'll be a little less ring-obsessed... :bigsmile:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I look for rings on the train on my way to work every single day... And I'm married. I can't help it. :halo:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I also think people must think I'm a crazy stalker. :)

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Oh jeez, yeah I do this all the time! Before considering the whole engagement/marriage thing I was totally oblivious to those things on women's hands, haha. Now that we are approaching that point I am constantly looking to get an idea of what I like and do not like. My boyfriend actually looks too. He's absolutely clueless and will look to see all the different ones out there and compare it to what my style is.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
I used to do that CONSTANTLY when DH and I were in the engagement process. Its tapered down a bit now, but when I go to fashion island (this fancy area by me where all the women have AMAZING jewelry) it picks up in full swing. :bigsmile:

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha, so glad I'm not alone. I was on the elevator yesterday and the minute the woman pressed which floor she was going on I couldn't stop looking. It was gorgeous, I can still picture all its sparkliness. I felt like some pervert leering at her ring :p.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Gummibear- Your last post made me laugh out loud, thank you, I needed that...Ring Pervert, Im going to start using that..

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I do this *all* the time and yes I feel like a stalker sometimes because of it. I just can't help it though! I love looking at them!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES! more so now that I am engaged myself. I love seeing what everyone has!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
It's definitely not just an LIW thing! I've been engaged for almost 10 months now and I find myself doing it MORE than before! :lol:

I find I look for different things, though. When I was single or an LIW, I was just looking. When I was getting close to the end of my LIW stint and more into diamonds, I found myself playing guessing games and trying to figure out how large the diamond was, etc. Now that I'm a BIW and about to be a wife, I find myself checking out the wedding bands...and whether they have additional stacking bands! :lol:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I have just started doing this & I always feel like I'm getting my hand caught in the cookie jar or like a dude getting caught checking out a girl's rack! :naughty:

It's so bad now. And I can't help it. I stare at everyone's rings. People look at me like \I'm crazy. Instead of looking at someone in the eyes while they're talking, I look at their rings. Even men! (checking out what I would pick out for my SO in the future LOL)
So glad I'm not alone. :lol:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I love this topic! I thought I was alone too! I actually did it some before I was technically a LIW just because I love diamonds :lol: but now I do it even more. I just like to look at the different styles that are out there :love:. I know what you mean about feeling like a ring perv!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I do it! And I have been married for 3 years! But then again I look at the neckline (for necklaces/pendants!! I'm not looking to be dirty, I swear), ears, right hand - wherever for bling! I just LOVE diamonds :cheeky:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um said:
It's definitely not just an LIW thing! I've been engaged for almost 10 months now and I find myself doing it MORE than before! :lol:

I find I look for different things, though. When I was single or an LIW, I was just looking. When I was getting close to the end of my LIW stint and more into diamonds, I found myself playing guessing games and trying to figure out how large the diamond was, etc. Now that I'm a BIW and about to be a wife, I find myself checking out the wedding bands...and whether they have additional stacking bands! :lol:

I do this too! I'm always trying to get a better look at them so I can figure out what the carat weight is. This is when I start to feel like a stalker because I feel like they know I'm staring hahaha

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I've been married almost six years and still do this! I think it's a PS thing :cheeky:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Constantly doing this.

I've also found myself staring at other sparklies too recently... pendants, bracelets, ah... the lovely sparkles they all make.

The only thing that seems to effectively end my staring is getting a good look only to find that it is a poorly cut, cloudy stone that would only sparkle in a show-room.
A high quality sparkly must be carefully and unnoticably glanced at for an appropriate length of time (this of course translates to stared at shamelessly until out of sight :bigsmile: )

Definitely not a LIW thing since I've been engaged for a year now.

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Got into the lift this morning and a girl came in with a massive knuckle duster of a ring. It was sooo gorgeous I couldn't stop staring at it and......I got caught :oops: I was so embarrassed I started to look at the morror and pretended I was doing my hair and it just so happened her ring got in the way of my line of sight. :roll:

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Lol snoopkat, that is hilarious. I was admiring a coworker's wedding band recently, don't think I was caught but I really should stop. It's almost like, "Hey so-and-so, how's it going..." then I start scanning her ring finger.

I'm finding I look for them in pictures too. I recently found out though Facebook that a friend wad engaged, I checked to see if she her updated profile picture on Facebook had the ring in it :p.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I've been married for two years, and I do it all the time. I love checking out other ladies' rings on the bus downtown--that is a great place for ring-watching.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I remember people's jewelry before I remember their names or what they look like. I'm married almost 9 years, and it hasn't changed! I always compliment a lady's jewelry if I find it appealing...even if I know it's not an expensive piece, and have no problem striking up a conversation about someone's ring out of the blue, even a total stranger! :D

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
I do this ALL the time and I'm married!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
gummy-bear|1304429527|2911000 said:
Lol snoopkat, that is hilarious. I was admiring a coworker's wedding band recently, don't think I was caught but I really should stop. It's almost like, "Hey so-and-so, how's it going..." then I start scanning her ring finger.

I'm finding I look for them in pictures too. I recently found out though Facebook that a friend wad engaged, I checked to see if she her updated profile picture on Facebook had the ring in it :p.

I do this too! Particularly if I know someone is engaged I look for ring pics :oops:

I am the biggest offender of this, I always look for the ring. It is automatic. The other day I was having my nails done and a caught a flash from across the room and there it was an incredible RB of about 4-5cts throwing flashes all over the room. I couldn't help but stare haha I think she may have caught me but oh well I was just admiring.

I am obsessed.

anxiously_waiting

Rough_Rock
Me and my bf ring watch together on the train. We always nudge each other when we find one to look at. Then I wonder how my ring will look on me when I get it and whether it will catch the attention of others. One by one the other questions hit me. I wonder how her fiance proposed? Was it romantic? Was she happy with the size of the ring? It just goes on...... :rolleyes:

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I do this all the time! I find myself always doing a once-over for jewellery, not only diamonds (although they're the best to stare at) but any lovely necklace or gemstone ring will do. I also find myself looking for real life perspective shots on facebook, and although I don't plan on posting a photo of my engagement ring when that time comes, I love seeing them. Last year at a horse race track I hit the jackpot of jewellery creeping, there was a small group of women who all had large diamond rings (probably close to 4 carat stones) and one had on a super blingy tennis bracelet. Also, you'll get a good fix of jewellery creeping if you watch any of the "Real Housewives" shows.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I started doing this around when my fiance and I first started looking at rings, and I definitely still look all the time. Also, when my friends get engaged, most of them do post one or two ring pics on facebook, so I'm always looking for that, too.

I never used to be interested in engagement rings at all, though. I lost touch with a few friends who got engaged years ago, and I couldn't even begin to tell you what their rings look like.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Hell, I'm married 27 years and I still check the left ring finger out when I meet someone. I'm jewelry obsessed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results