shape
carat
color
clarity

has the housing market hit bottom in your area yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what do you think?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I know that last month our sales increased 27%. Prices are still lower than the high, but things seem to be evening out and heading the other direction (we''re in a suburb San Diego).

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nope! maybe next year! Still volitile AZ

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I have some friends here in AZ trying to buy, and can''t seem to find anything that will go through or doesn''t have 10 offers on it. I think it''s starting to make a turn here, but might also depend on what part (I''m in N Phoenix). The short sales seem to be the worst, no bank response, months to hear anything, and then nothing at all and it falls through.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Well I live in Miami that is #3 on the list of the worst housing markets of 2009.

If this isn''t hitting bottom, I don''t want to see what is. And on top of the way the market is going, now a lot of new townhomes and condos are suffering from the chinese drywall
38.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, and I will reserve judgment until I see how Alt-A plays out.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ours has already started to climb--the estimated value of our house has already increased almost 30K from when our offer was accepted 2 months ago.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG - my son absolutely LOVES your avatar!!! Every time he sees it, he remarks on how funny it is!

As far as real estate, I do not think things have hit rock bottom yet. . .nothing seems to be selling.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Housing market in my area never actually lost any ground. We are the only metropolitan area that posted an increase in housing prices in 08, and are expected to do the same in 09!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Nope. LA has another 11% to drop IMO.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the region of canada where we are looking to buy right now they are experiencing a bit of a booste I think from the very low interest rates. It is making everyone optimistic in the selling and realestate market. But I have been watching sales and things are not flying off the shelf. I think the prediction is that there will be another drop in August-October. Good! We want to buy then.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Nope. NYC prices are still rising, and as they go up, more people move out to the suburbs including where I live. So prices have gone down a bit, but not that much and I have a feeling they have a little ways to go yet. I don''t think about it much though because I''m years away from buying a house.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results