shape
carat
color
clarity

has anyone used......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hydrangeas in their bouquet?

my wedding colors are lilac and ivory and i love the purple blueish hue of hydrangeas and how cute they look all bundled up. has anyone used them or have opinions on then as wedding flowers? i would love to see some pics!

what i have been tossing around in my head are a cluster of hydrangeas with intermittent ivory roses....

any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure that Sabine is planning on using them in hers. I''ll tell her to check out this thread when I see her later today.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Me! I used hydrangeas all over my wedding. They weren''t the only flower in my bouquet, but they were definitely there, and my whole inspiration really. My florist used another flower along with them that I don''t know the name of but it echoed the shape and color... but I was going for light blues not purple-blues.

The only downsides to hydrangeas are that 1) you can''t guarantee you''ll get the exact shade you want, 2) they wilt really fast and 3) they''re expensive. They are really special though so if you want them, you should have them!

sumbsbouquet.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I''m definitely using hydrangeas as my main flowers, I love them! Our colors are purples and blues, and I love the way the hydrangeas look bundled together to form a round globe shape. We''re going to have other flowers, mainly purple roses and some other purple/blue flowers mixed in.

I do have a ton of pictures that I cut out over my planning process, I''ll try to post some when I get back home after this weekend.

The only worrysome thing about hydrangeas is that they need LOTS of water. We''re going to be wrapping moistened cotten in the bouquets, and we''ll have to put them in vases of water as soon as we get to the reception. So if you want the hand-tied bouquet wiht the stems showing, these are not the best way to go (also because the flowers are SOOO big, I think we''re only planning on using 3 stems for my bouquet).

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks for the info guys!!! i think that i'll only be using them for my own flowers and possibly a little for the bridesmaids, that would help keep costs down. i just love them so much!

gorgeous sumbride!!! i love the idea of the flowers as my "something blue"!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results