shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone used a family stone for engagement ring?

kitcat

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I am new here, so hello everyone..
My bf and I have decided to use my late Mother's diamond for my engagement ring.
I am going to have it reset in a pave cathedral halo setting. Even though the stone is round, I am leaning towards a more squarish shape.
The diamond itself is 1.25 C, I color (looks very white to me !) and VVSI2.

First image is the original ring. Second image is how I will have it set.

Thanks

ring.jpg

setting.jpg

PalmBeachLady

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! How lovely that you will use your mother's diamond, very special indeed.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Thats great you have an heirloom diamond to use for your engagement ring! My BF and I were given his grandmothers ring to use and we are in the process of resetting it. I love the fact that we are using a stone that has so much meaning behind it.

kitcat

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone. it just made the most sense to me, for the sentimental reasons mostly. now I just have to wait for it to actually happen. diamond seeker, I do like that setting as well!!

what types of rings do you all have/ and hope of getting?

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
kitcat|1319334696|3045692 said:
thanks everyone. it just made the most sense to me, for the sentimental reasons mostly. now I just have to wait for it to actually happen. diamond seeker, I do like that setting as well!!

what types of rings do you all have/ and hope of getting?

We are custom making a 3 stone that is similar to a Ritani setting we saw, slightly different though. Hopefully I will be posting it up here in the next month or so!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you to have your Mother's stone to use. Its very sentimental but will also save you money that you can spend on the setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results