shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone upgraded their eternity from 10pters to 20 pters?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! :wavey:

Hy husband and I are spending 5 weeks in the USA from next week (SQUEEEEEEE!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:). We are having a week in Manhattan, and naturally, I will be visiting the diamond district! Being in Australia I have to pay GST on all diamond purchases over $1000, which is a real pill, so I figure this would be the best time to upgrade my IDJ eternity ring. It is made up of 10 pointers, and I was thinking of upgrading it to 20 pointers. Has anyone done this? I'm wondering if it will be a worthwhile jump, but by the same token I don't want to wait until we get home to upgrade it even bigger, to save myself a few hundred $$$ in postage and GST costs.

Does anyone have a side by side comparison of eternities in similar sizes to these? I can't imagine I'd want to go much bigger than 20 pointers, but I wouldn't want to drop hundreds on something that basically looks the same as what I already have!

Thanks!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Has anyone upgraded their eternity from 10pters to 20 pt

20's will NOT look just like 10's - no way no how.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have 15-pt eternity, so I know 10-pt eternity will complement well my ER stone without overpowering it. While my larger 15-pt eternity is still OK pairing with my ER, it is substantial enough to be worn alone. Therefore, I would imagine and expect 20-pt eternity will make a big statement, and is better worn alone.

I have seen IDJ's 20-pt melees (in 2ctw huggies) in real life. I placed them side by side with my 15-pt eternity. Definitely, the size difference is readily noticeable.

Go splurge! :appl: Also, why not go bigger? :devil: :naughty:

Note - Make sure you keep your 10-pt eternity, because this size eternity is the best for stacking.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

motownmama|1318910845|3042540 said:
20's will NOT look just like 10's - no way no how.

Concise and to the point, you are my kind of girl mtm!! :bigsmile: That is exactly what I needed to hear!! :appl: :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FancyDiamond|1318911496|3042544 said:
I have 15-pt eternity, so I know 10-pt eternity will complement well my ER stone without overpowering it. While my larger 15-pt eternity is still OK pairing with my ER, it is substantial enough to be worn alone. Therefore, I would imagine and expect 20-pt eternity will make a big statement, and is better worn alone.

I have seen IDJ's 20-pt melees (in 2ctw huggies) in real life. I placed them side by side with my 15-pt eternity. Definitely, the size difference is readily noticeable.

Go splurge! :appl: Also, why not go bigger? :devil: :naughty:

Note - Make sure you keep your 10-pt eternity, because this size eternity is the best for stacking.

FD, oh you devil! :bigsmile: I'd love to go bigger but I think the budget just allows for this upgrade to 20pters, plus I think that would be plently big enough for a RHR, I don't want it to overshadow my e-ring (I'm so OCD about that!)

Thanks heaps for sharing your thoughts, you have one of the most phenomenal bling collections I have ever seen, and the most exquisite taste :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I don't have photos, but I originally planned to have 10 pointers in my eternity band. When I went to look at it before they set all of the stones, I decided to go with 20 pointers. Definitely noticeable in a terrific way! I say go for it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm afraid I don't have a comparison to show you, but I can tell you that I can see the difference between my eight and a half point stones in my nine stone band and my ten point stones in my seven stone band. Likewise, I can tell the difference between my ten pointers and the fifteen pointers in my old leverback earrings. So yeah, definitely, you'll easily see the difference between tens and twenties! It's a very good idea to have the ring made while you're here so you can wear it home.

If you'll have some time while visiting NYC, please let us know. I'm sure we could arrange for an impromtu get together of a handful of PSers. Just let us know.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There is a huge difference between 10 and 15 pointers. As long as you plan on having it as a stand alone ring, you can make it any size you want! But I honestly think 20 points is way too big to wear with a diamond solitaire unless one has a Kim K e-ring. I once ordered a 15 pointer and returned it because it was too big to wear with my e-ring.

I hate to be a downer, but I'd think long and hard about wearing a full diamond eternity on your right hand if you are right handed. I am conscious of my rings on my left hand and am careful never to grasp anything with that hand. But I use my right hand for everything and I know an eternity would get too much wear on that hand.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

I have attached a photo showing size difference in eternity ring sizes. From left to right -- 5pt, 7.5pt 20pt 32pt It's not a great picture but I think you can still see the difference in stone size.

I wear my eternity rings 24/7 and alternate wearing my 3-stone ring with either my eternity ring (20 pointers) or 5-stone band with 32 pointers. I wear eternity rings on both left and right hand and don't have a problem with daily wear. However, I did change the settings to 4-prong instead of shared prong and have found it made a big difference in durability for daily wear. I think it's all about personal preference.

eternitycomp.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yenny I was hoping you'd chime in, your eternity is what made me want to make mine grow! :bigsmile: I adore it! Thanks for the encouragement!! :appl:

gemgirl, that is really helpful, thankyou!! Ohh a GTG sound so fun! DH and I are in NYC from 23rd-28th November, how fun it would be to have a gaggle of diamond lovers come along with me and make me spend more money!!! :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

Hi ds! :wavey: Unfortunately rings are only a 'weekend thing' for me, I cannot wear them during the week to work at all, so they tend to wear pretty well... that said I do wear my current eternity as often as I can (always on my RH) and it's held up beautifully. Thankyou so much for your wonderful advice, I promise I'll be a good ring mummy! :saint:

Ooooh Farleysmom!! That is perfect, exactly what I was hoping to see!! And even better because your pic shows a smaller eternity too, which if the budget allows, I definitely hope to purchase to stack with my e-ring while I'm in NYC :naughty: You're a doll, thankyou sooo much!!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock

Have fun visiting us here in the USA!! Can't wait to see pics of the upgrade!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

catwalk82|1319030625|3043420 said:
Have fun visiting us here in the USA!! Can't wait to see pics of the upgrade!

I am out of my brain with excitement!!!!! About the trip AND the upgrade :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results