shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone tried Thermage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And is it any good? Does it last?

I''m at that age (early..cough..forties) when I think I could do with some non-divine intervention!!
2.gif
1.gif

The idea appeals to me (rather than a traditional facelift, yikes!! Anyway, I am too chicken!! LOL). Putting the cost issue aside (which is a lot of money), this would be better in theory as it doesn''t involve any surgery. All the adverts and magazines say you have to do it at a relatively younger age rather than wait until you''re in your 50''s or 60''s. I *think* I could persuade hubby to let me have this as my Valentine''s, anniversary and birthday presents combined, he he.

I was talking to someone at work and she said that her mom tried Thermage a couple of times and apparently you have to keep doing it, otherwise your face would start to sag even worse than before you had the treatment. Talk about "OUCH"!! That''s a whole lot of moohlahs!!

What do y''all think?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there''d be any reason why you would sag any more after the treatment than before. It just doesn''t seem scientific. What is probably more likely is that the lady who has had the treatment has become a whole lot fussier than before, and has a more pro-active attitude to her appearance now.
Just my two cents...

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 5:38:31 AM
Author:Phoenix

I''m at that age (early..cough..forties) when I think I could do with some non-divine intervention!!
2.gif
1.gif

The idea appeals to me (rather than a traditional facelift, yikes!! Anyway, I am too chicken!! LOL). Putting the cost issue aside (which is a lot of money), this would be better in theory as it doesn''t involve any surgery. All the adverts and magazines say you have to do it at a relatively younger age rather than wait until you''re in your 50''s or 60''s. I *think* I could persuade hubby to let me have this as my Valentine''s, anniversary and birthday presents combined, he he.

I was talking to someone at work and she said that her mom tried Thermage a couple of times and apparently you have to keep doing it, otherwise your face would start to sag even worse than before you had the treatment. Talk about ''OUCH''!! That''s a whole lot of moohlahs!!

What do y''all think?

Hi darls, you are on to my otherfave topic.

I vote no to the thermage because in the not too distant past this process ruined many faces. It causes sag and fat loss. Fat believe it or not is the elixer of youth. It starts being something you pay thousands of dollars for as you age....after you have spent your whole life trying to rid your body of fat!!!!

So the heat of the thermage would melt the fat and this would continue over time even after the proceedure. So as you can imagine women came out looking much older than they went in!!!!

Im sure they say its all different now etc but who knows. Btw, try googling it. I have a couple of plastic surgery anti aging sites I used to post on. You get the real lowdown from real people....fabulous.

Just remember, dont do anything without heaps of research because unlike diamonds we cant upgrade our face/ body if we choose a wrong proceedure.

Fwiw, my best friend works in the anti aging medical field. She is one of the spokesperson/ trainers for botox in Australia. Plus my sister does too (but she retired herself due to having 4 kids!).

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
You are starting to scare me. Same street, now the same line of thought. I was on the computer today looking at plastic surgery in bangkok. I''m going to the gym like a wild women. 61.9 - 59.2 in two weeks. Drastic diet changes. Steamed Fish, soya products, salads etc. I am a huge choc junkie 100g+ per day. I allow myself 1 small square a day. Can''t do with the Teh-C every morning though.

Anyways, still go the 3 baby pouch.....thinking about doing that for the stomach. Would no way do Thermage on anything visible. Read the horror stories. Sunken pitted areas happening to the face...been told Thread lifts also no good. Not too sure about the new generation laser though.

Wanted to go away for the weekend. Go to bangkok, floating markets, thai cooking lesson and then retreat to yoga, massages and facials. Wanting to go to Chivasom for eternity but way too decadent for the likes of moi.

I have two types of friends. Those who shop, party, lay by the pool and drink copious amounts of alcohol...not interested.

Those who have young children and are still breastfeeding and can''t go anywhere.

Hubby is not too keen on my travelling to BKK alone.

Be incredibly selective about procedures on your face and research just like you researched when learning about diamonds.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Here is the thing, skin has a certain amount of elasticity..when you start playing with cut-less face lifts, your compromising the elasticity when you use anything that pushes or pulls the skin.

I think that with the modern day thread-lifts you an achieve long lasting really nice results. These are very affordable, little down time, and the procedure itself is pretty low-impact as far as plastic surgery goes...instead of staples and all that junk, this is achieved through using thread that is tightened and pulled on the inside.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I know of one person who had Thermage done for free because they used her in the ad. She looked great, but then again they had a makeup artist do her makeup for the ad photo, because once I saw her in person and then the photo, I did not see the exact same results.
She did look better, but not like in the photos you see.

I think we are our own worst critics. I look at photos of myself when I was younger and I try to hold onto that image. When I heard friends of mine who are about 10 years younger than I talk about this treatment and that treatment, botox, etc. I asked why do they need that because they all look so wonderful and all they said to me was that in a couple of years I''ll probably say the same things they are saying. It was then that I told them I was over 50 and their jaws dropped and could not believe it, literally. All they could do was ask what I do because they all thought I was younger than they are. (Having a 15 year old helps I guess) I never knew that my friends thought that I looked better than they do. All I could think about was their age versus my age.

I look at myself differently now and do not expect that I will ever look the way that I did 10, 20, or 30 years ago. I look great for me and not my age. I have seen women who try to turn back time and get face lifts etc. and to tell you honestly many of them look ridiculous. But this is a personal decision and you have to remember once you have this procedure done whether or not it is surgery, it is not permanent. But if it makes you happy go ahead and do it.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
This is my battle ground lately. The aging, the skin issues... it all creeps up on us and we panic. At least I have been. Just today I had a Green Science Facial at Aveda.
Jury is still out on it, but we''ll see what I look like tomorrow. But a series of 6, one a week, at 155.00 each, they better be dynamite.

Anyway, my research into Thermage revealed it hurt like H***. And many women said it did nothing for them. You can read at Essential Day Spa and also Truth in Aging.
I also read it disolves fat, not sure if you want that on your face.

I just ordered a LED wand. I know I fell for it, but even if it helps a little bit, I''ll get my money''s worth. I have never bought expensive face products, but now at 54 (yesterday) I am ready to invest in better quality stuff. Olay ain''t cutting it!!!

Keep us posted on what you do and if you like it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 5:38:31 AM
Author:Phoenix

2.gif
1.gif

I was talking to someone at work and she said that her mom tried Thermage a couple of times and apparently you have to keep doing it, otherwise your face would start to sag even worse than before you had the treatment. Talk about ''OUCH''!! That''s a whole lot of moohlahs!!

What do y''all think?
Phoenix,aren''t you Chinese ? eat a lot of "bird nest" like in bird nest soup
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 10:09:31 AM
Author: sparkles

Wanted to go away for the weekend. Go to bangkok, floating markets, thai cooking lesson and then retreat to yoga, massages and facials. Wanting to go to Chivasom for eternity but way too decadent for the likes of moi.
and buy lots of "BIRD NEST"
18.gif
they''re cheap and legal in Bangkok.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I did hear all the horror stories avout fat melting as well! Pretty scary stuff!
I definitely would NOT havve liked to be the woman who put herself up as the guinea pig on that one!
Sheez, you''d think they''d be very carful about ''experiements'' on people!

But didn''t the technology become more streamlined (eg only to a certain temp, etc) as a result of these ''mistakes''?
Your friend''s mum didn''t report melting fat, pits, etc, did she, Phoenix?

I guess I feel it''s important not to dismiss things out of hand (not to rush, either!!) but not to let fear and rumours run away with you, depending on the fact, that is!!

Anyway, interesting topic!

elle

Shiny_Rock
Sparkles - Teh-C! You''re making me drool here!

DF is quite right about bird''s nest - my friend started consuming copious amounts on a daily basis years ago to combat sensitive, red skin. She looks quite literally, luminous.

Phoenix - I''ve heard horror stories about thermage. Like Fraxel, it doesn''t work for everyone. Safer to stick with peels and juvederm/botox for problem spots. Good luck!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
What''s in bird''s nest?? The mind boggles !
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 3:51:56 AM
Author: LaraOnline
What's in bird's nest?? The mind boggles !
3.gif
you really want to know ?
9.gif
swallow bird's saliva
18.gif
it'll make all women look 10-12 yrs younger
2.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Just bird saliva then? No bird poo?
Is it really truly a BIRD nest?
(I always wondered that...specially when I discoverd that tousand year old eggs aren't that old...)
1.gif

and... where do I get it? (in Australia, that is? we love rules over here, so something tells me it's probably illegal!)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 8:48:08 AM
(I always wondered that...specially when I discoverd that tousand year old eggs aren''t that old...)
1.gif

and... where do I get it? (in Australia, that is? we love rules over here, so something tells me it''s probably illegal!)
just saliva,no poo.
9.gif
don''t know if it''s illegal in Australia.
Idunno1.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Go over to the essentaial day spa forum. Not a lot of positive feedback about Fraxel or thermage I am afraid.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/
But honestly what is the rage at the moment is 5 minute facial exercises program that costs 10 bucks to download and is the BOMB!!!!
I in 2 months have really noticed a difference doing these quick exercises 4 times a week. All my friends think i have had fillers put in but no its just these freaking awesome exercises!
Seriously this really works. I have my apple cheeks back and my neck is looking so much better. Truly!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your replies, LaraOnline, Sharon, Sparkles, Italia, soocool, bebe, DF, elle, katebar.

I guess it's a no then?!
2.gif
1.gif

Also, Sparkles, it is pretty spooky, isn't it? Do you have two cars? I think I know where you are,
3.gif
1.gif
. Btw, would you like to meet up some time next week or week after? Yesterday was my last day at work. I am now officially a lady of leisure, at least for a while, LOL.

DF, what a *great* idea!!
36.gif
I talked to all my Chinese colleagues and they agree with you. Yay!! Thank you. Thanks also, Elle, everyone I know raves about birds' nest the minute I start talking to them about it.

Katebar, what a great idea! The body benefits from exercise, so why not yr face? I am definitely going to try it. Thank you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i ain''t as dumb as you think.
2.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Lien,

Yes , we have 2 cars. Hubby got the good 1, I got the diamond LOL. Should be real easy to find me now !.....

We can meet up at the local cafe... with expat priced coffee if you wish...or another alternative..

Athough I''m trying to get to Bangkok on Wedneday night for a couple of days......will let you know if that falls through!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 6:48:48 AM
Lien,

Yes , we have 2 cars. Hubby got the good 1, I got the diamond LOL. Should be real easy to find me now !.....

We can meet up at the local cafe... with expat priced coffee if you wish...or another alternative..

Athough I''m trying to get to Bangkok on Wedneday night for a couple of days......will let you know if that falls through!
Do you mean Starbucks at Holland V? I''m ok with that.

I can only make Thursday or Friday this week, as it turns out. Have an offer on the house, so have to do a bunch of paperwork and get contractors round very quickly (but still not sure yet if we''ll accept this offer...nonetheless....). If you go to BKK on Wed, perhaps we can meet next week?

Have a GREAT time if you do make it to BKK, you lucky girl!!
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock

(I always wondered that...specially when I discoverd that tousand year old eggs aren''t that old...)
1.gif

and... where do I get it? (in Australia, that is? we love rules over here, so something tells me it''s probably illegal!)

My Asian friend told me it comes from birds that lay nests in caves and it is a delicacy also VERY expensive because it is so hard to get, I am fairly certain you can get it here.

Does it seriously make you look younger? I am so intrigued...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 6:13:49 AM
Author: Deelight

(I always wondered that...specially when I discoverd that tousand year old eggs aren't that old...)
1.gif

and... where do I get it? (in Australia, that is? we love rules over here, so something tells me it's probably illegal!)

My Asian friend told me it comes from birds that lay nests in caves and it is a delicacy also VERY expensive because it is so hard to get, I am fairly certain you can get it here.

He he, I'll let you know after a month or so!
9.gif

(Oh, and it's not *that* expensive. Cheaper than Thermage, that's for sure
3.gif
1.gif
)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 6:27:06 AM
Author: Phoenix

1.gif

He he, I''ll let you know after a month or so!
9.gif

(Oh, and it''s not *that* expensive. Cheaper than Thermage, that''s for sure
3.gif
1.gif
)

Please do I am seriously curious, I am obsessed with anti-aging - FI thinks I am nuts and don''t need it but there will come a time LOL.

:razz: I have no idea how much either costs but we were watching Iron Chef and that was one of thier ingredients hence how this topic came up.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Lien, I''m trying to be subtle by suggesting a certain place...within a 1 km radius....I don''t go to holland V unless I am getting yummy kaya toast and teh c from Ya Kun. For which I am now banned from the toast. I''m working to hard in the gym to take the Lumps of butter and kaya that sits inside the very thin warm toast.

Where did you buy the birds nest? Hubby was made to eat it when he was young, threw up and got a whalloping for it even though he said he would throw up if he ate it. It was not cheap!

I still don''t know if I am going to BKK, wanted to do a few little improvements and some cooking courses whilst I was there.

I will let you know if I am going.......

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 8:41:32 AM
Lien, I''m trying to be subtle by suggesting a certain place...within a 1 km radius....I don''t go to holland V unless I am getting yummy kaya toast and teh c from Ya Kun. For which I am now banned from the toast. I''m working to hard in the gym to take the Lumps of butter and kaya that sits inside the very thin warm toast.

Where did you buy the birds nest? Hubby was made to eat it when he was young, threw up and got a whalloping for it even though he said he would throw up if he ate it. It was not cheap!

I still don''t know if I am going to BKK, wanted to do a few little improvements and some cooking courses whilst I was there.

I will let you know if I am going.......
He he, silly me!!

ok, let''s meet there some time later this week then if you''re not going to BKK.

I buy birds'' nest either at Chinatown or at the basement of Takashimaya.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1.gif

10-12 yrs younger than your actual age
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Actual age or how old people think you are?

So I could look 13-18 again hrmmmm
36.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock

1.gif

Apparently it is farmed in Indonesia, meaning that it can probably be more environmentally friendly than it sounds!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
How many mountains of birds nest would one have to eat to get this effect?
How many months into the diet would you say that the ''youth effect'' has hit its peak?
And what is the ''maintenance'' diet?
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 3:07:44 AM
How many mountains of birds nest would one have to eat to get this effect?

How many months into the diet would you say that the ''youth effect'' has hit its peak?

And what is the ''maintenance'' diet?
3.gif

HAHAHA very good and vaild questions, I told FI about this and the youth prpoerties and all he said was you want to eat swallow salivia?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results