shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been thinking about resetting my engagement ring after we are married (so maybe within the next couple of years). My Ering is a 3-stone RB with a centre stone of .77ct and side stones which are .40ct each. I''ve gotten into my head an image of each stone set with a diamond halo in WG, with a YG shank. Has anyone ever seen any pictures of rings like this? I saw the one Ritani does but I''d prefer if the three halos don''t ''run into each other'' so to speak, I''d like them to be 3 separate ones. Thanks in advance!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like this, but with the 3 halos separated more? Structurally is this possible?

Halo ring.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would this look over the top with my size stones?

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dandi...

I know what you are saying but I don't think I have ever seen the three halo's completely separate from one another. I've attached a beautiful picture of your rings. IMHO, I think doing three halo's on stones of your size, on your small finger, would be too much. You've got great finger coverage already and the set looks classic...truly beautiful and distinctive with the way your three stones are set in the six prongs. You also have a right hand solitaire, correct? I would do a gorgeous halo for that stone and leave your wedding set as is...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

BandBandRing11.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Peachy,

That was wonderful compliment! and I agree don''t ruin your set, I like it as is!
BTW what size finger are you, DandiAndi?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have definitely seen three separate halos. Check out faycullen.com, they have a lot of antique/vintage rings and I think I have seen that style there. I''m sure you could get a three stone halo custom made. Whiteflash made my halo ring and I love it. Other favorite halos of mine are from Quest and Leon Mege, of course.

I like the idea and look of three halos, but looking at the picture of your ring, I don''t know how you could fit it on your finger! I think you''d have to get smaller side stones for sure. Maybe you could make the side stones you currently have into studs or haloed studs at a later date?

I also like the idea of a yellow gold shank with white halos. I think that will look very antique and cool.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I agree with others, your 3-stone is one of my favorite, but in case you decide to re-set i made this photoshop for you because i presume this setting will be done custom anyway, so at least you have a picture of what you want DA.
ETA: and i don't see why this can't be done structurally, should be not a problem.

DA3Halo.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful design, as always, Pricescipe!

Dandi... Attached is a picture of Joadma's 3 stone ritani endless love. I am not sure her ring size, but it has a .50ct center stone and .24ct sidestones...and obviously her halos intersect. That's why I think it might be tough to do with your bigger stones and still have it fit across your finger properly. Anyway...it is gorgeous...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ritani-with-new-eternity-bands.37987/

ETA...Dang, the picture won't work but you can see some great shots through the link above.

my%20Ritani22.jpg

slyons29

Rough_Rock
Can someone tell me where the 3 stone platinum came from? I love it and think I may want it for my e-ring.

Is it possible to put, say a .9 carat cener and .5 carat sides in a ring like that and still look good? I wear an 8.5 ring (oh yea big fingers!)
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>

Any thoughts are helpful!

tx, sl

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all for the replies!

Peachy, thankyou so much, you are SO sweet!! I must admit I do adore my Ering (even more now after your post!!
9.gif
) And thanks for the link, that set is what I was thinking of, it''s exquisite!

MustangFan, I''m a size 5 on my right ring finger

thing2of2, thanks for your input! I do love the contrast between white settings and yellow shanks!

And Pricescope... AWESOME picture!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m confused now
41.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 7:59:20 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Thanks all for the replies!

And thanks for the link, that set is what I was thinking of, it's exquisite!

I'm confused now
41.gif
I think you are because the Ritani's halos do "run into each other" and are not separated. The difference between your fist picture and this one is the heights and the kinds of the baskets only.
onetwothree1.jpg

joadma

Rough_Rock
Omg, it''s so funny to see posts with my rings in them! I have been away from the boards for a while and am having a great time reading all the posts tonight and seeing all the beautiful pictures of everyone''s jewels!

Thanks for posting the links to my rings! I think my wedding bands are size 4 and my Ritani 3 stone ring is a 4 1/2? I can''t believe I don''t remember, I have to find out for sure!

Joadma :)

joadma

Rough_Rock
Slyons,

Not sure if you mean my ring, but if so, I got it at Robbins Diamonds in NJ.

Joadma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results