shape
carat
color
clarity

has anyone seen 73 facet cuts diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

Yesterday, I just came across a store selling a new modified round brilliant cut with 73 facets (graded by GIA). I am aware there''s 2 such cut in the market.

Gordon''s diamond by Zales
Aster by Rosy Blu

Has anyone seen both diamonds and if there''s picture to show would be wonderful. Any comment about the 2 diamonds would be greatly appreicated.

Thank you

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
anyone who has seen either one and could comment would be great....

The only info that I can recall offhand is:

GIA modified round brilliant
table 61%
total depth 60.1%
E color
VVS1
Po EX
Sy EX
Flo None

I will go back to that shop & copy down the rest of the details later today.
It is selling for S$8500 +/- US$5089

I also noticed it looks more white than the usual H&A stone which they carry. Only thing is it shows lesser fire.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
On my quest to find my engagement ring I came across a few "modified" diamonds with extra facets, etc....and they all seemed to be very expensive for the size. If you think it has less fire than the ideal, h&a stones, i don''t think it''s worth the extra money. But then again, I''d have to see the stone in person. Who knows? Maybe it would be love at first sight.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 129 facet stone and I think the light return is significantly higher than regular IF it was cut well BEFORE the extra faceting.

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
Hello again,

Thank u for the feedback

Managed to copy the details..there are some mistakes on my previous post..
41.gif

GIA 14103358
26/7/2005

Round modified Brilliant
5.35-5.41x3.24 mm
Depth 60.2%
Table 61%
Girdle - thin facated
Culet none
Polish VG
Sy VG
Clarity VS1
Feather, indented natural
Color E
Fluo none

Price S$8168 US$4891
Less 10+10%

S$6616 US$3961

The cut is definitely different as it makes the diamond look much whiter (than the other ideal cut like H&A) and gives the illusion that its bigger. I have the catalog but don''t have a scanner to scan and post the picture.

I still feel the price is rather steep...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Is that a .56 carat?

If so, the price is steep. Really steep. You could get something comparable for half. Like this diamond, for one:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-798819.htm#

eta: I didn't notice that it was a 73 facet cut diamond. The diamond above is an ideal cut, but I'm not sure of the facet count. Ideal cut diamonds perform brilliantly, and I for one wouldn't spend over twice what I could be spending on a diamond from Zales.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results