shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone purchased from this Ebay seller?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ceylonsapphiresrus? I am looking at a few stones and I have asked questions about them. They guarantee they use no treatments on there stones other than gentle heat. If I do buy a stone, I can get a report for $30 that is verified by a UK gemologist. I did a search on here---but nothing came up. I have become so skeptical of buying a gemstone lately because of all the treatments out there. The stones in question are really not that expensive, but boy wouldn''t it be nice to get what you pay for nowadays!!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 11:28:52 AM
Author:cushioncutnut
Ceylonsapphiresrus? I am looking at a few stones and I have asked questions about them. They guarantee they use no treatments on there stones other than gentle heat. If I do buy a stone, I can get a report for $30 that is verified by a UK gemologist. I did a search on here---but nothing came up. I have become so skeptical of buying a gemstone lately because of all the treatments out there. The stones in question are really not that expensive, but boy wouldn''t it be nice to get what you pay for nowadays!!!!!
I would only get a sapphire with a reputable gem lab report. I tried to find their id on ebay (US ebay) and didn''t find them. Unfortunately, with rubies, sapphires and emeralds, I don''t think there are bargains to be had, and you generally get what you pay for. I wish you could buy finely cut stones from the mines operators, but at this point in time, I don''t think that''s possible. That would probably be the best way to get a deal on one of those stones. Due to the middleman and the demand for these stones, the prices for fine quality ones will always be high I''m afraid.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try ceylonsapphirerus............ But yes, I know if I am seeking I high dollar stone, I should not expect so much from a "deal" on Ebay. In my head, I would always like to think that the "you get what you pay for policy" does not always apply. I have found some nice deals on Ebay that were true to the listing and better than my expectations when I received them. Problem is that it takes more time to hunt for them than I would like.
8.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 11:54:09 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
Try ceylonsapphirerus............ But yes, I know if I am seeking I high dollar stone, I should not expect so much from a 'deal' on Ebay. In my head, I would always like to think that the 'you get what you pay for policy' does not always apply. I have found some nice deals on Ebay that were true to the listing and better than my expectations when I received them. Problem is that it takes more time to hunt for them than I would like.
8.gif
I have also found amazing fantastic deals on ebay, but I wouldn't trust sapphires, rubies and emeralds on ebay at ALL. There are some stones I totally avoid on ebay, and even if you were to see a nice natural low treatment ruby, sapphire, emerald on ebay, it would have a pricetag to reflect it. I'll go check out the store you mentioned now.

ETA: Still can't find the store. Do you have a link to the store? you don't have to post the exact item you're interested in.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 12:08:20 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Try ceylonsapphirerus............ But yes, I know if I am seeking I high dollar stone, I should not expect so much from a ''deal'' on Ebay. In my head, I would always like to think that the ''you get what you pay for policy'' does not always apply. I have found some nice deals on Ebay that were true to the listing and better than my expectations when I received them. Problem is that it takes more time to hunt for them than I would like.
8.gif
I have also found amazing fantastic deals on ebay, but I wouldn''t trust sapphires, rubies and emeralds on ebay at ALL. There are some stones I totally avoid on ebay, and even if you were to see a nice natural low treatment ruby, sapphire, emerald on ebay, it would have a pricetag to reflect it. I''ll go check out the store you mentioned now.

ETA: Still can''t find the store. Do you have a link to the store? you don''t have to post the exact item you''re interested in.

Yes, you are right.... I have never bought a sapphire, ruby, or emerald off of Ebay, and for good reason. I will be safe than sorry...even if it does not break the bank. Oh... here is the link.... I kept putting too many letters in the user name. (sorry!)

http://myworld.ebay.com/ceylonsapphireus?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1181

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t do ebay for the big 3 (sapphire, ruby and emerald) unless it''s Lembeck, GemTrader, Dan or someone like that who does auctions that I know is a reputable cutter that I can trust. Too many fakes, BE and other undisclosed statements. Even if the price is low, are you willing to take the risk that it''s not what it really is?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 1:11:25 PM

Date: 4/4/2009 12:08:20 PM

Try ceylonsapphirerus............ But yes, I know if I am seeking I high dollar stone, I should not expect so much from a ''deal'' on Ebay. In my head, I would always like to think that the ''you get what you pay for policy'' does not always apply. I have found some nice deals on Ebay that were true to the listing and better than my expectations when I received them. Problem is that it takes more time to hunt for them than I would like.
8.gif
I have also found amazing fantastic deals on ebay, but I wouldn''t trust sapphires, rubies and emeralds on ebay at ALL. There are some stones I totally avoid on ebay, and even if you were to see a nice natural low treatment ruby, sapphire, emerald on ebay, it would have a pricetag to reflect it. I''ll go check out the store you mentioned now.

ETA: Still can''t find the store. Do you have a link to the store? you don''t have to post the exact item you''re interested in.

Yes, you are right.... I have never bought a sapphire, ruby, or emerald off of Ebay, and for good reason. I will be safe than sorry...even if it does not break the bank. Oh... here is the link.... I kept putting too many letters in the user name. (sorry!)

http://myworld.ebay.com/ceylonsapphireus?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1181
Okay,
I just took a look at a 6carat cushion that kind of caught my eye, but on further inspection, where''s the cert? They just give a code of "E" for enhancement (I assume it is), but what KIND of enhancement, and it''s around 6K. Looking through the girdle, I see lots of zoning. They also use their own cutting, color grades, but on a stone of several thousand, I would want an AGTA cert with their color grades.

Sorry, I''m just so skeptical about sapphires on ebay. Anyone can say that their cutting, color, etc. . . . are top notch, but really truly, you need an independent reputable entity to tell you that, preferably a lab.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CCN I bought from them recently and was astounded at what great value (and a beautiful sapphire) I got! Honestly, I was prepared for the worst and a little gem turned up. I''ve only made one purchase with them however.

The certificate - I wouldn''t bother with. It won''t be from a lab and will probably be just a typed letter from somebody who is a gemologist.

Having said all of that if you''re looking for unheated, untreated OR the stone is very expensive I''d think seriously before parting with lots of money! If you''re just looking for a great, every day, pretty sapphire then it''s worth the risk.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 1:27:57 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
CCN I bought from them recently and was astounded at what great value (and a beautiful sapphire) I got! Honestly, I was prepared for the worst and a little gem turned up. I''ve only made one purchase with them however.

The certificate - I wouldn''t bother with. It won''t be from a lab and will probably be just a typed letter from somebody who is a gemologist.

Having said all of that if you''re looking for unheated, untreated OR the stone is very expensive I''d think seriously before parting with lots of money! If you''re just looking for a great, every day, pretty sapphire then it''s worth the risk.
But LD,
It could be diffused and look amazingly great as well, even for the pricepoint. There are tons of diffused sapphires on ebay that cost very little, but look great in person. I''m just very skeptical, I apoligize.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 1:33:32 PM

Date: 4/4/2009 1:27:57 PM

But LD,
It could be diffused and look amazingly great as well, even for the pricepoint. There are tons of diffused sapphires on ebay that cost very little, but look great in person. I''m just very skeptical, I apoligize.
I agree TL. Which is why I was saying that if CCN was considering an expensive stone then I''d want to get it checked out. I have had my sapp checked out and it was only heated (no BE) so it was as sold and great for an everyday stone but then I didn''t pay much either!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 3:23:51 PM

But LD,
I agree TL. Which is why I was saying that if CCN was considering an expensive stone then I''d want to get it checked out. I have had my sapp checked out and it was only heated (no BE) so it was as sold and great for an everyday stone but then I didn''t pay much either!
That''s good to know, thanks LD. I just wish he would say low heat instead of just "enhanced." That can mean so many things when it comes to sapphires.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 3:54:46 PM

But LD,
That''s good to know, thanks LD. I just wish he would say low heat instead of just ''enhanced.'' That can mean so many things when it comes to sapphires.
He does TL - if you click on the wording "view grading table" just below the box with all the sapphire''s details it opens up a big box that explains what his enhancement means.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 5:15:40 PM

Date: 4/4/2009 3:54:46 PM

But LD,
It could be diffused and look amazingly great as well, even for the pricepoint. There are tons of diffused sapphires on ebay that cost very little, but look great in person. I'm just very skeptical, I apoligize.
I agree TL. Which is why I was saying that if CCN was considering an expensive stone then I'd want to get it checked out. I have had my sapp checked out and it was only heated (no BE) so it was as sold and great for an everyday stone but then I didn't pay much either!
That's good to know, thanks LD. I just wish he would say low heat instead of just 'enhanced.' That can mean so many things when it comes to sapphires.
He does TL - if you click on the wording 'view grading table' just below the box with all the sapphire's details it opens up a big box that explains what his enhancement means.
Thanks LD! I really appreciate your input as like TL I have become more skeptical and it helps to have others who have purchased from them help me to be less skeptical. I did read on another page that states they pretty much swear that they use no enhancements. They even go on to explain what kind of treatments are out there. I thought the same way concerning spending another $30 on a lab report as I knew it was going to be from some dude that would pretty much type up whatever the &^%% they wanted them to say.
3.gif
The stone that I actually put in an offer on, they accepted. It was only $59. I see an inclusion in the stone............but I like the color and the shape and figured this stone could be a "stepping stone" (pardon the pun) until I could afford my dream stone someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Do you have pics of the stone from them? HA-you know I have to ask!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t wait to hear what you think. In all honesty for that money, it''s not worth getting a report so just enjoy it!

Your wish is my command. This is what I bought .............. thought you might like to see that his photos are a really good representation of what you''ll get.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous and it does look like the sellers photo! I love the color of your stone! I see purple, blue and a tad of pink!!
30.gif
I hope my stone is just as nice! I will keep you posted! Thanks so much LD!!
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
LD, that''s a pretty purple. And a cushion to boot...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results