shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
ZS.diamonds.co.uk? i have found what appears to be the perfect diamond on there but have never come across the site before. it all started when i wanted to find a uk based site that dealt with upgrades. this does not seem to be so common over here in the uk but i really like the idea. when i googled this site came up and i put all the necessary criteria in (using advice found on here - thank you so much!!)and found a great GIA certified stone. would prefer to use it though if anyone had had previous experience.
thanks for your help x

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
I''m British, but I haven''t heard of them.
Their site looks good, but if I were spending ££££''s, I''d want to be certain of a reliable seller.

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply. I thought their site looks pretty good too and all the diamonds i was looking at are GIA certified. Actually it was one of your posts about ideal % etc that has really helped me so thank you for that too, it has made a huge difference to me! Does anyone know of any other british vendors that are both well priced and have the upgrade system?
Many thanks x

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly, most UK sellers are either unable/unwilling to supply images or detailed scans of fancy shape stones, or are limited in their selection of available stones, or have the "steep/deep" stones as their highest grade, or are rather high-priced.
You may need to look to a US company. The US is far better served than we are.

edit: a couple of weeks ago, several people gave a good report for diamondgeezer.co.uk. Peronally, I found their sit to be more geared towards the less-educated buyer, with a "don't worry, we'll look after you" kind of theme to the site. I criticised some of their website wordings.

You might also want to double-check each potential stone's proportions with these cut-grade-estimators:

https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

http://gemappraisers.com/oldcutgrade.asp

Also bear in mind that some GIA-cert stones can have excellent proportions, yet be graded only as very good. Such stones often get downgraded because of cutters tricks in the faceting, so be especially careful of ideal-cut proportions that only get awarded very good cut grade.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven''t heard of this company either, I can suggest you try www.bestdiamonds.co.uk as they are an excellent vendor who also sell Infinity h&a as well as other diamonds.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 6:36:49 AM
Author: Lorelei
I haven''t heard of this company either, I can suggest you try www.bestdiamonds.co.uk as they are an excellent vendor who also sell Infinity h&a as well as other diamonds.
My grumble about bestdiamonds is that despite their good reputation, it seems as if you have to specify what you want and then they will attemp to source it - but you have no price guide.
Again, a kind of "I''ll look after you". I much prefer to select potential candidates myself, from an inventory list - even if it''s a virtual list assimilated from all the wholesalers.

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your imput! I have had a look at these other websites too though i do prefer sites that allow you to put in specific criteria and also give a price. I have been using the holloway cut advisor for a few weeks now thanks to this site but had not come across the accredited gem appraisers before so thank you for pointing me in their direction. the diamond i am looking at come up excellent for all categories in the HCA and a 1B in the AGA so with my fairly limited knowledge this seems quite good. this vendor can arrange a viewing so perhaps that would be the best thing to do.
thanks again everyone! x

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2009 6:43:12 AM
Author: FB.

My grumble about bestdiamonds is that despite their good reputation, it seems as if you have to specify what you want and then they will attemp to source it - but you have no price guide.
Again, a kind of ''I''ll look after you''. I much prefer to select potential candidates myself, from an inventory list - even if it''s a virtual list assimilated from all the wholesalers.
All you need to do is contact Indira and she will get right back to you, as to pricing she is an Infinity dealer and can get any Infinity diamond in for clients to view and the pricing no problem at all. With other diamonds just give her your budget and she can make suggestions.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 8:17:07 AM

Again, a kind of ''I''ll look after you''. I much prefer to select potential candidates myself, from an inventory list - even if it''s a virtual list assimilated from all the wholesalers.
All you need to do is contact Indira and she will get right back to you, as to pricing she is an Infinity dealer and can get any Infinity diamond in for clients to view and the pricing no problem at all. With other diamonds just give her your budget and she can make suggestions.
I have no doubt that she''s a good seller, but I won''t initiate something unless I have a "guide price" to start with. At least with an online virtual inventory, I can see an approximate price before commiting. It also saves me from irritating a seller because my idea of good price and their idea of good price don''t converge.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2009 8:31:27 AM

Date: 11/26/2009 8:17:07 AM

I have no doubt that she''s a good seller, but I won''t initiate something unless I have a ''guide price'' to start with. At least with an online virtual inventory, I can see an approximate price before commiting. It also saves me from irritating a seller because my idea of good price and their idea of good price don''t converge.
2.gif
LOL!!!!!!
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2009 6:33:53 AM
Sadly, most UK sellers are either unable/unwilling to supply images or detailed scans of fancy shape stones, or are limited in their selection of available stones, or have the ''steep/deep'' stones as their highest grade, or are rather high-priced.

edit: a couple of weeks ago, several people gave a good report for diamondgeezer.co.uk. Peronally, I found their sit to be more geared towards the less-educated buyer, with a ''don''t worry, we''ll look after you'' kind of theme to the site. I criticised some of their website wordings.

You might also want to double-check each potential stone''s proportions with these cut-grade-estimators:

Also bear in mind that some GIA-cert stones can have excellent proportions, yet be graded only as very good. Such stones often get downgraded because of cutters tricks in the faceting, so be especially careful of ideal-cut proportions that only get awarded very good cut grade.
Sorry FB but before knocking a company you need to experience them rather than basing an opinion on a website that is aimed at the British public who are not, on the whole, selective about diamonds etc. The majority of people buying diamonds in the UK don''t even understand cut, clarity or colour and for them, their website is informative. If you want to find a diamond website in the UK aimed at collectors and those for whom stats are important then you''ll be looking for a very very very long time. If you call diamondgeezer and tell them what you want I''ll bet you a month''s wages that they''ll find exactly what you want at a price that you wouldn''t be able to replicate if you bought from the US and added in all the import taxes etc. They''ve got good reviews on here for a good reason.

erupgrade - I''m sorry but I don''t know zs.diamonds. Do you know who they''re owned by? It might be worth finding out a bit more about their upgrades because you may be able to get more if you sell your diamond privately (sometimes not always) than upgrading. Good luck in your search and I hope you find something lovely.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 2:03:31 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Sadly, most UK sellers are either unable/unwilling to supply images or detailed scans of fancy shape stones, or are limited in their selection of available stones, or have the 'steep/deep' stones as their highest grade, or are rather high-priced.

edit: a couple of weeks ago, several people gave a good report for diamondgeezer.co.uk. Peronally, I found their sit to be more geared towards the less-educated buyer, with a 'don't worry, we'll look after you' kind of theme to the site. I criticised some of their website wordings.

You might also want to double-check each potential stone's proportions with these cut-grade-estimators:

Sorry FB but before knocking a company you need to experience them rather than basing an opinion on a website that is aimed at the British public who are not, on the whole, selective about diamonds etc. The majority of people buying diamonds in the UK don't even understand cut, clarity or colour and for them, their website is informative. If you want to find a diamond website in the UK aimed at collectors and those for whom stats are important then you'll be looking for a very very very long time. If you call diamondgeezer and tell them what you want I'll bet you a month's wages that they'll find exactly what you want at a price that you wouldn't be able to replicate if you bought from the US and added in all the import taxes etc. They've got good reviews on here for a good reason.

erupgrade - I'm sorry but I don't know zs.diamonds. Do you know who they're owned by? It might be worth finding out a bit more about their upgrades because you may be able to get more if you sell your diamond privately (sometimes not always) than upgrading. Good luck in your search and I hope you find something lovely.
A companies website is all that most of us have to go on. Their website is not inspiring to me, as a reasonably knowledgeable diamond buyer. But it's probably ideal for the novice.
I also think that I'd be too fussy in my requirements for cut, colour, clarity - and even the type and locations of inclusions that I'd accept. I would drive them nuts; rejecting too many stones than most people would be happy to take.

Have I touched a nerve? Do you have a connection with diamondgeezer? Would you like to share the detailed specification of what you bought and how much it cost, so that we can see how good they really are?

I was generous enough to point out that although I didn't like diamondgeezer's website, I stated that several other members gave a good comment. I'd say that I gave a very fair representation. I could have just given my opinion and omitted to mention that several others were happy with the service. I certainly didn't say to avoid them.

But, since you prodded me........
I found the website to be slightly patronising and sometimes factually incorrect (I've made copies of their pages, as proof) - would you like me to rip into them some more?
70-odd % of their customers buying flawless stones? Please! I suspect that there's a disproportionate skew towards D colour, too.
While I confess to liking high colour and eye clean, I would not justify paying $$$$ extra for a flawless stone when VS clarity is indistinguishable to casual obersvers and at a massively lower price or a much larger stone for the same price.
I doubt that most consumers would choose the smaller stone, if they had a choice between two (unlabelled) stones for the same price; 1ct F/VS2 ideal cut side-by-side with a (same price) 0.7ct D/IF ideal cut.
The big vendors on Pricescope are more than happy to guide people towards much better price/size/colour/clarity trade-off's. I don't care how much "sparkle factor" a D/IF gets on DG's website; it's sparkle factor could be dwarfed by a F VS2 of much larger size, for the same cost.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2009 2:54:48 PM

Date: 11/26/2009 2:03:31 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Sadly, most UK sellers are either unable/unwilling to supply images or detailed scans of fancy shape stones, or are limited in their selection of available stones, or have the 'steep/deep' stones as their highest grade, or are rather high-priced.

edit: a couple of weeks ago, several people gave a good report for diamondgeezer.co.uk. Peronally, I found their sit to be more geared towards the less-educated buyer, with a 'don't worry, we'll look after you' kind of theme to the site. I criticised some of their website wordings.

Sorry FB but before knocking a company you need to experience them rather than basing an opinion on a website that is aimed at the British public who are not, on the whole, selective about diamonds etc. The majority of people buying diamonds in the UK don't even understand cut, clarity or colour and for them, their website is informative. If you want to find a diamond website in the UK aimed at collectors and those for whom stats are important then you'll be looking for a very very very long time. If you call diamondgeezer and tell them what you want I'll bet you a month's wages that they'll find exactly what you want at a price that you wouldn't be able to replicate if you bought from the US and added in all the import taxes etc. They've got good reviews on here for a good reason.

erupgrade - I'm sorry but I don't know zs.diamonds. Do you know who they're owned by? It might be worth finding out a bit more about their upgrades because you may be able to get more if you sell your diamond privately (sometimes not always) than upgrading. Good luck in your search and I hope you find something lovely.
A companies website is all that most of us have to go on. Their website is not inspiring to me, as a reasonably knowledgeable diamond buyer. But it's probably ideal for the novice.
I also think that I'd be too fussy in my requirements for cut, colour, clarity - and even the type and locations of inclusions that I'd accept. I would drive them nuts; rejecting too many stones than most people would be happy to take.

Have I touched a nerve? Do you have a connection with diamondgeezer? Would you like to share the detailed specification of what you bought and how much it cost, so that we can see how good they really are?

I was generous enough to point out that although I didn't like diamondgeezer's website, I stated that several other members gave a good comment. I'd say that I gave a very fair representation. I could have just given my opinion and omitted to mention that several others were happy with the service. I certainly didn't say to avoid them.

But, since you prodded me........
I found the website to be slightly patronising and sometimes factually incorrect (I've made copies of their pages, as proof) - would you like me to rip into them some more?
70-odd % of their customers buying flawless stones? Please! I suspect that there's a disproportionate skew towards D colour, too.
While I confess to liking high colour and eye clean, I would not justify paying $$$$ extra for a flawless stone when VS clarity is indistinguishable to casual obersvers and at a massively lower price or a much larger stone for the same price.
I doubt that most consumers would choose the smaller stone, if they had a choice between two (unlabelled) stones for the same price; 1ct F/VS2 ideal cut side-by-side with a (same price) 0.7ct D/IF ideal cut.
The big vendors on Pricescope are more than happy to guide people towards much better price/size/colour/clarity trade-off's. I don't care how much 'sparkle factor' a D/IF gets on DG's website; it's sparkle factor could be dwarfed by a F VS2 of much larger size, for the same cost.
Don't patronise me. I am not connected to Diamondgeezer. I am a very happy customer. Do not cast aspertions. How dare you. You are the one making assumptions on a website. I've given my opinion based on FACTS and numerous happy buying experiences with them.

Search my posts. In fact, search for my pear diamond. You will see what I've paid and the stats on it. If you search for long enough you'll also find other items I've bought from them and custom pieces they've made for me. YOU do the search. Don't expect me to justify your ridiculous accusations and insinuations.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Well, don't patronise me and don't attack me for stating my opinion - especially if I balance my negative viewpoint by stating that others have good experiences.
20.gif

I just took a look on DG's site and their most expensive 1.01ct, D/IF is £22760. It is awarded a 99% sparkle factor. It's measurements are 6.36mm. You're having a laugh if you think that a stone with such a tiny "face-up" size should be awarded a 99% sparkle factor.
14.gif

I'd be happy to bet that my latest GIA-cert, 1ct, F, SI1, super-ideal would sparkle more - and it certainly would face-up bigger - at 6.46mm - than a stone 7x it's cost (my stone cost £2800-ish from the USA, excluding taxes. It cost £3700-ish mounted, taxed and shipped).

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
thanks guys for all your advice. i don''t know who owns the company, not too sure how to find out either! it did cross my mind that selling myself rather than upgrading could acheive a reasonable price although i think here in the uk people can be a bit funny about having a second hand diamond?! disregarding the upgrade policy though the diamonds on offer seem to be well priced having compared them to blue nile for example. i guess the benefit of this website and others like it is that you can get quite a good idea of what you are getting (especially if you use the previously mentionned tools) and can have a good old browse without feeling you are wasting peoples'' time or feeling pressurised.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2009 4:02:01 PM
Well, don''t patronise me and don''t attack me for stating my opinion - especially if I balance my negative viewpoint by stating that others have good experiences.
20.gif

I just took a look on DG''s site and their most expensive 1.01ct, D/IF is £22760. It is awarded a 99% sparkle factor. It''s measurements are 6.36mm. You''re having a laugh if you think that a stone with such a tiny ''face-up'' size should be awarded a 99% sparkle factor.
14.gif

I''d be happy to bet that my latest GIA-cert, 1ct, F, SI1, super-ideal would sparkle more - and it certainly would face-up bigger - at 6.46mm - than a stone 7x it''s cost (my stone cost £2800-ish from the USA, excluding taxes. It cost £3700-ish mounted, taxed and shipped).
You have accused me of something - which is totally and utterly unfounded and then you accuse me of patronising you?????

Instead of constantly criticising by comparing a website (which I''ve said is not aimed at collectors) and comparing to your diamonds, do a search to see what I HAVE bought. Then tell me that I haven''t got good value.

This is the last post I intend to reply to as you obviously have a closed mind. Here are some facts:

My 1.01ct I colour, pear cut, SI2 with strong fluorescence (my request), with a minimal bowtie and GIA cert cost me £1343 LAST YEAR. It has dimensions of 9.20 x 5.65 x 3.25 and before you start to try to rubbish my diamond, PLEASE do a search and look for pictures. I think you''ll find that £ for £ I''ve got a great deal. If you''re bothered to search as I suggested you would see that this information has been posted on a number of occasions. You will also see that my occupation has been posted on at least one occasion that proves I''m not connected with Diamondgeezer.

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll throw another online UK company into the mix; cooldiamonds.co.uk.
Price and service is good. You can see the certificates for the stones on their website and they only appear to list "in house" stones - they don''t appear to use an online virtual listing from a wholesaler.
Several people that I know (or knew) had good experiences, but CD don''t carry many stones of what I consider to be the very highest quality cut. The few that have GIA EX certs tend to be steep/deep.

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
thanks, that looks good having had a quick look. i am wishing that i had something to go on with zs diamonds though as some of these diamonds look really great!! the couple that i am looking at seem to tick all the boxes. just feel unsure without any recommendations. i think i need to do a bit more browsing! x

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds.

You threw the first stone. I objected to your attempt to belittle me, since I made a balanced statement.
I stated that several people had given positive comments on DG (although maybe it''s just your voice that shouts often and loudly and sounds like many voices).

But, since I sold a load of shares a couple of days ago, I have cash on-hand to go jewellery hunting. I may well try out DG (perhaps I''ll play dumb and see what they sell me) and I can then report back my findings.
2.gif

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Lucky you!! that would be good....maybe check out zs diamonds too and report back?!!!
1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
erupgrade - I don''t know if you''ve found Dr Indira Merchant on your search of this forum? I have not bought from her and so can''t attest to whether she has diamonds that would fit your criteria but it might be worth looking at her website? She''s based in London.

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
Thanks, yes she has been recommended and i have had a look at the website. seems you have to call and give your specifications and get a quote. i think that i am still learning quite a lot about diamonds (thought i knew it all before i came across this site....how wrong was i!!!) so the sites that allow you to put in all your requirements and give an immediate price appeal just now because i can get an idea of what i can expect for my money. maybe when i have more of an idea of this i will approach directly, might be silly but dont want to bother people unless i am sure i am 100 % ready to buy. i thought i was but now i have all this information i feel more reluctant as i don''t want to make a mistake. must be so easy to do as i tried on a ring on the high street just to see what it was like and now i am more informed i realise that it would have been a complete rip off! x

FB.

Brilliant_Rock
Bluenile have a .co.uk site.
A reputable company with access to a large online database of inventory, although grumbles on this forum include reluctance to provide IS or ASET images.

I am also aware of qualitydiamonds.co.uk but I know nothing about them, nor whether they're reliable. They claim to have offices in London and Milton Keynes. Maybe you're close enough to visit in person?

You might also try Chards. They are good (I speak from past experience) and might offer an upgrade, or trade-in option. Prices are better than high-street, but not the cheapest of the online jewellers.

erupgrade

Rough_Rock
yes, have spent a huge amount of time looking at the blue nile store! was sure i would buy from there as obviously much cheaper than high street though have heard the odd negative thing on here too. the other 2 sites look interesting, think my diamond search will be going on for some time as it seems there are many more to go through! when i saw the one on zs diamonds i thought that was it but i think i had better spend a bit more time looking through these! thanks againx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results