shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of using simple green to clean diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yoga

Rough_Rock
My friend was told to use this on her ring by the guy that sold her her diamond. She has been using it for two weeks on the ring, and it looks great. Can "simple green" hurt the diamond?
confused.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
It can be used.

Yoga

Rough_Rock
Thanks lawmax, I will tell her. Is there anything better to clean the ring with that I can recommend?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Sudsy ammonia works well. You can buy it or make it by combining ammonia with dishwashing liquid. Drying with tissue paper is effective.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Windex! I clean mine daily with Windex and a baby toothbrush that fits in the spaces left between the prongs and stone. Windex has ammonia in it so that is the cleaning agent, plus you use it normally to clean glass anyway, so it's a bit of a double benefit. Sparkly AND clean.
1.gif
It won't hurt the stone. If you have a diamond cloth you can use that to dry the stone and not get fibers stuck, or even an eyeglass cloth works well too.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Must like your ring, eh Mara
9.gif

I think my ring is lucky to get a cleaning once a month, or even less.
I try to remember to use a toothbrush in the shower while I'm bathing.
I also find peroxide works well, as it "bubbles" the dirt out from behind the stone.
wink2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes I love my ring...it bothers me when it's dirty...since I can tell the difference between a clean sparkly stone and a dirty stone. I just added the cleaning to my morning rituals...so its like brushing my teeth!
1.gif
Takes a few seconds anyway. I even have a little windex bottle at work with another toothbrush and clean co-workers rings sometimes. They are amazed at how good their rings look when clean!
1.gif

Be careful with peroxide if the ring is gold (white or yellow) because I think CutNut posted a little while ago that peroxide will eat away at the metal over time. Platinum is not susceptible to this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results