shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of Gemological Institute Services?? GIS????

jmarino49

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I need some serious help!!! My boyfriend and I are considering buying an engagement ring from an EBAY store by the name of novodiamonds. When I looked up the location of the ebay user it says Israel but they ship out of Texas. Has anyone heard of this company? Their rings come certified with a certificate from a company called Gemological Institute Services (GIS). I looked Gemological Institute Services up on the internet and it says that is is based out of Israel, however, under their contact information they do not provide a phone number that they can be reached so I can not verify. Novodiamonds has guaranteed money back returns within 14 days of delivery and they have received all positive feedback from customers, but I am still a little iffy. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

here is a link to the website http://labsgis.com/home.html
and also the ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/Novo-diamonds

Jessica

GoSounders

Shiny_Rock
Re: Has anyone heard of Gemological Institute Services?? GIS

The seller has only existed since April and has only 96 positive feedbacks as a seller. Also, I can't find a single thing on GIS besides their website.

The stones are marked as clarity-enhanced, and that's why they're so cheap (also why they need to be certed by a no-name). The enhancement will abrade/discolor as you wear the ring, and will look cloudy at best, and will disintegrate into junk at worst.

Run.

jmarino49

Rough_Rock

HI! Thanks so much for responding. I also just tried to call the customer service number that novodiamonds lists on their website and it rings forever and then a voicemail comes on in a different language. Seems sketchy right? Also it is a number in Houston, Texas. I can't imagine why it would be in a different language if it is a US based number. Typically you would have English since that will be the majority of speakers who call. I emailed the company to say that I was trying to contact them via phone but no one answered. I have yet to receive a response email whereas they were emailing me back within minutes before when I was showing an interest in buying.

Jess

Mavin

Rough_Rock

jmarino49|1375395485|3494835 said:
HI! Thanks so much for responding. I also just tried to call the customer service number that novodiamonds lists on their website and it rings forever and then a voicemail comes on in a different language. Seems sketchy right? Also it is a number in Houston, Texas. I can't imagine why it would be in a different language if it is a US based number. Typically you would have English since that will be the majority of speakers who call. I emailed the company to say that I was trying to contact them via phone but no one answered. I have yet to receive a response email whereas they were emailing me back within minutes before when I was showing an interest in buying.

Jess

This can end in nothing but disaster. Stay away.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results