shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard any rumors that Tiffany will raise their prices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I''m just curious with the cost of platinum going up every five seconds. I think I have decided on this wedding band, but I''m wondering how long I can wait to buy it before it''s out of my price range: Legacy band without diamonds

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prices will continue to go up, it''s inevitable. Who knows how soon again. I would buy it as soon as you''re financially able.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
From the recent Rap report a few weeks ago Tiff''s said it was not yet going to pass on the markup to consumers yet - according to Dir. of Sales.

So better hurry up and get your stuff.

Sounded more like a 6 month window to me.
emteeth.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 10:26:01 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
From the recent Rap report a few weeks ago Tiff''s said it was not yet going to pass on the markup to consumers yet - according to Dir. of Sales.

So better hurry up and get your stuff.

Sounded more like a 6 month window to me.
emteeth.gif
I was wondering about this because the ring had been this price for a long while and I know platinum went up at least 3 times since I first noticed it. I think I''ll pick it up not long after getting the Ering once I make sure they look good together. Thanks for the info!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Sure thing.

I think it takes some time for pricing to change through their retail structure.

Also the rings available now were made when plat. wasn''t so inflated.

I would question most jeweler''s about their price increases - seems like an easy way to extract even more $ from consumers when they don''t have to yet!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yes - there was some info on it on the Rap Tradewire a few weeks ago.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that ring and want to try it on to see if it can be worn with my diamond Legacy band! I''d try to get it as soon as possible if I were you. As Ellen said, prices will inevitably go up over time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Legacy band was bought the first week in January, and I can see from the website that my ring has already gone up $100. So the prices have already increased this year on some items.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prices everywhere are going up. Esp. European companies, but Tiffany''s might soon have to pass on the price increases to the customer. Sometimes it is a ploy to get you to buy now, but the price increases are real for sure now.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 1:07:00 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I love that ring and want to try it on to see if it can be worn with my diamond Legacy band! I'd try to get it as soon as possible if I were you. As Ellen said, prices will inevitably go up over time.
If you ever get it or are able to get a photo of you wearing it please post it. I'm dying to see what it looks like in person and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work with my Ering. I was originally thinking of getting the diamond Legacy band like yours (gorgeous btw) but decided I wanted to not be so matchy matchy.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll keep my fingers cross that I don't have to wait for the Ering much longer (and not just because of the Wband
2.gif
)

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure some other people on this forum already posted "real life" pictures of the Legacy band. Doesn''t bee* have one to match her Lucida? Unfortunately, I tried searching for it and couldn''t find it. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, my apologies. I just followed the link and realize you are looking at the engraved Legacy band, not the plain domed one. Disregard my previous comment about other people posting pictures!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wish they would remain steady for a bit. I''m trying to save for things!!!
29.gif

haha

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
All US jewelers will put their prices up or go out of business. Here is a chart up to Feb, and we had a big diamond price rise redcently (although platinum has come down a little).

re Tiffany, the investors will be screaming as tiffany gross margin has fallen from $59.30 per hundred dollars in 2002 to $55.70 per $100 last year. With the new price rises their shares would plument without price rises.

On top of that I read somewhere they have quite high borrowings, about 25% of their capitol I believe, so the rise in the cost of that risk money will be a big cost now that bankers are figuring on reducing purchases from US shoppers.

producer prices 2008.JPG

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been following the prices of Tiffany''s Legacy rings in platinum and gold for three years. They have increased their prices routinely in small amounts. Perhaps this is what lets them not increase their prices dramatically for platinum the way e-weddingbands just did.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I managed to lose track of this thread! Thanks for the info Garry. Prices took quite a jump in Jan/Feb this year compared to the two previous years. I mean QUITE a jump, my goodness. I'm going to snap that ring up ASAP.

triple

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was in a Tiffany store on Sat 3-29-08 and the saleslady told me there was going to be a big price increase on Sun. 3-30-08 on everything!!!!!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany''s is always raising their prices. In fact, one of their corporate policies is to never have sales.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about other parts of the world but when I was in there last Saturday they had just had a price increase

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2008 4:12:43 PM
Author: MoonWater

I love that ring and want to try it on to see if it can be worn with my diamond Legacy band! I''d try to get it as soon as possible if I were you. As Ellen said, prices will inevitably go up over time.
If you ever get it or are able to get a photo of you wearing it please post it. I''m dying to see what it looks like in person and I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it will work with my Ering. I was originally thinking of getting the diamond Legacy band like yours (gorgeous btw) but decided I wanted to not be so matchy matchy.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I''ll keep my fingers cross that I don''t have to wait for the Ering much longer (and not just because of the Wband
2.gif
)
Moonwater, mine is the Legacy band with the little diamonds all the way around. I really do love it, but I know it is not the one you are looking at. But since you asked, there are a few pictures on this page:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thank-you-andrey-leon-jonathan-and-tiffany.80475/

I love the band you are looking at, too! I wish I had enough finger space to wear a third ring, and if I did, I''d get the same band you want!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 5:38:41 PM
Author: triple
Hi,

I was in a Tiffany store on Sat 3-29-08 and the saleslady told me there was going to be a big price increase on Sun. 3-30-08 on everything!!!!!
Really? The price of the band hasn''t changed. *keeps fingers crossed it stays this way*

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 5:48:31 PM

Date: 3/27/2008 4:12:43 PM
Author: MoonWater

If you ever get it or are able to get a photo of you wearing it please post it. I''m dying to see what it looks like in person and I''m keeping my fingers crossed that it will work with my Ering. I was originally thinking of getting the diamond Legacy band like yours (gorgeous btw) but decided I wanted to not be so matchy matchy.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I''ll keep my fingers cross that I don''t have to wait for the Ering much longer (and not just because of the Wband
2.gif
)
Moonwater, mine is the Legacy band with the little diamonds all the way around. I really do love it, but I know it is not the one you are looking at. But since you asked, there are a few pictures on this page:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thank-you-andrey-leon-jonathan-and-tiffany.80475/

I love the band you are looking at, too! I wish I had enough finger space to wear a third ring, and if I did, I''d get the same band you want!
I just love it love it love it. It''s so simple and I''ve seen many like it that weren''t Tiffanys. But this one always looks so much better to me. And I am so not a name brand girl. I am so lame, I currently have a pic of the band I want up with a pic of the first ring WF did for me (they are remaking it so this won''t be the ring I''m getting), imagining how great they will be together LOL. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results