shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone had a tanzanite set?

stupidcupid

Rough_Rock
I have an almost-two-carat loose tanzanite pear that I would like set in a pendant, along with a H&A diamond (in the neighborhood of one carat). I know that tanzanite is fairly soft and I'm worried that it'll break. Has anyone had experience with having sites like Whiteflash or Brian Gavin set their tanzanite?

Also, does anyone have any ideas on how to have that designed? I kind of have a vague idea of how I'd like it to look but I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I've had tanzanites set by Daniel M and Patrick Irla on Etsy. I think these jewelers are great, and they did a flawless job of setting my stones. WF and BGD have even better reputations, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. They know their stones pretty well and will be very careful with tanzanite.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF and BGD are very reputable outfits with skilled benchpeople who know how to handle coloured gemstones, plus they will be frank with you about what they feel comfortable with setting and what they will not set.

stupidcupid

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That puts my mind at ease. Looking forward to when I can afford the diamond! :appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only things to remember with Tanzanite are:-

1. You need to find a benchman who has worked with (and understands) Tanzanite;
2. Understand that there is always a risk with setting any stone. Unfortunately Tanzanites need a little more care than some others.

However, consider how many Tanzanites are set and on sale and that gives you a good indication that it can be done safely.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had mine set in 18k rose gold, and I love it. I get compliments on it all the time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results