shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone had a colonoscopy?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thanks for your prompt response.

Your dose is indeed very low and am glad that you've been ok with it thus far.

Do you remember the names of the tests that your holistic practitioner ran? It's so strange that you may have got mould exposure outdoors bc I thought that mould thrived on places that are not airy, so the flow of fresh air outside would mean that there should not be any mould. I've always associated mould with closed-off, dark and humid places (the latter is SG to a t).

I am fairly sure we have mould here. I've emailed a company to try and schedule an appt for testing. I dread to think what treatment they would carry out. The company however claims that their chemicals are non-toxic. We shall see....If indeed there's mould here, that'd explain a lot...the plethora of illnesses I've been experiencing.

Wooohooo for putting on the extra weight:appl:. I agree that we need to maintain a healthy weight and be as strong and healthy as possible to fight off infections. I hear you on having a bit extra to plump up our faces, lol.

Thank you soooo much for doing all the searches for me, @missy. I really appreciate it. Those pork ribs look so yummy!:lickout:

I am doing ok on the AI Paleo. I'm now allowing myself rice and rice noodles for lunch and dinner, sometimes I'll have yam. I am now completely gluten free, dairy free, nut & seed free, legume & bean & lentil free, nightshade free, alcohol and coffee free. I have sweet potatoes in the morning...not ideal...let's see how that goes, lol.

Hope you're having a good day. x

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix so I just went through all my previous tests and blood results (and there are many from the last 8 months or so) and it seems the mold testing my holistic practitioner ordered are from Med labs and Quest labs. She did so many tests (some covered by insurance and some not covered). From the notes I think the main culprits (for me) were Cladosporium herba where I scored 91.1 (normal range 0.0-1.9) and Aspergillus fumigat where my score was a whopping 153.0 (normal again 0.0-1.9) and Alternaria Alternat where I scored 37 (0-1.9). I know nothing about these specific molds.

I might have missed something as I have had so much testing and I am not the most organized. And honestly the mold testing was not my top (though perhaps it should have been IDK) priority as I was dealing with mercury toxicity (seem to be in the "normal" range with mercury now though so yay for that and hopefully that holds true since last I tested was months ago) and other issues that seemed at that time more pressing.

Mold testing is one area I just never researched and I know very little about. It was (for me) a matter of one thing at a time that I felt I could handle and I never got back to the mold issue. Like you I felt mold had to be indoors but the holistic practitioner told me it could be from outdoor exposure. Do I trust her completely? No way.

If I find out any more info I will contact you and please keep me posted re your testing and what you decide to do.
Good for you @Phoenix for going so all in on the AIP! I am very impressed.:appl:
I allow myself one cup of black coffee in the AM. That is one thing I just do not want to even consider cutting out lol. I love my coffee so much and one cup feels like a good compromise for me.
And as for sweet potatoes in the AM I love sweet potatoes in the AM and if it is something you are enjoying it's a good food any time of day.

Hope you're having a good day and again sorry I do not know anything helpful re mold. I didn't even know she was testing me this summer till the results came back.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thanks so much for the veryhelpful infor. I will ask to test for those moulds as well as any others that may be present in this humid climate. I've yet to find out who can test me. Also have a guy coming round my house next week to test for mould here. I will definitely keep you posted.

I hear you about dealing with the more urgent issues, when you have others going on. Yay though for your mercury level now being in the normal range!!:appl:

Hmmm... I just had a teeeeny tiny, like really teeeeny tiny, cube of extra sharp vintage cheese, like a quater of an inch wide by a qtr of an inch across. I had a moment of weakness, lol. Hope that won't set me back too much.:eek-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thanks so much for the veryhelpful infor. I will ask to test for those moulds as well as any others that may be present in this humid climate. I've yet to find out who can test me. Also have a guy coming round my house next week to test for mould here. I will definitely keep you posted.

I hear you about dealing with the more urgent issues, when you have others going on. Yay though for your mercury level now being in the normal range!!:appl:

Hmmm... I just had a teeeeny tiny, like really teeeeny tiny, cube of extra sharp vintage cheese, like a quater of an inch wide by a qtr of an inch across. I had a moment of weakness, lol. Hope that won't set me back too much.:eek-2:

Hi @Phoenix don’t worry about a little cheating. You deserve it and glad you enjoyed it. With time once your antibodies are down perhaps you can enjoy a little cheese more regularly in moderation. Fingers crossed.

Good luck with the mold testing. Let me know how it goes.
Have a lovely day xo.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
What you’re going through is definitely scary. We are here to cheer you on.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Phoenix, I want to tell you about my experience which was this morning.
It was my first colonoscopy ever. I was very scary when I went to hospital. I had read all horror stories from web, of course. None medice was given before or during the colonoscopy. I had very lovely doctor and nurse and they got me relaxed just by talking:D. It took 20 minutes and only a couple of times I felt little pain, just little. The finding was diverticular. I was happy, when all was done I gave them a hug. If I ever have to go again, I’m not fear anymore.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, I want to tell you about my experience which was this morning.
It was my first colonoscopy ever. I was very scary when I went to hospital. I had read all horror stories from web, of course. None medice was given before or during the colonoscopy. I had very lovely doctor and nurse and they got me relaxed just by talking:D. It took 20 minutes and only a couple of times I felt little pain, just little. The finding was diverticular. I was happy, when all was done I gave them a hug. If I ever have to go again, I’m not fear anymore.

Wow, I really appreciate you writing in to let me know. So glad it went well for you, and that there's no major issue.

Were you not under sedation at all?

Thank you. x

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I really appreciate you writing in to let me know. So glad it went well for you, and that there's no major issue.

Were you not under sedation at all?

Thank you. x

You’re welcome. No sedation. None medicine. I noticed most important is being relaxed. The nurse helped me relax with chatting. In fact we talked about childbirth:lol: which was thousand times more painful. When I felt little pain she put her hands on my belly and push little. It really helped. Here in Finland it is normal practice to do colonoscopy without drugs. I was on gastroscopy month ago (third time to me) and that I called nightmare...colonoscopy is piece of cake when compares gastroscopy.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re welcome. No sedation. None medicine. I noticed most important is being relaxed. The nurse helped me relax with chatting. In fact we talked about childbirth:lol: which was thousand times more painful. When I felt little pain she put her hands on my belly and push little. It really helped. Here in Finland it is normal practice to do colonoscopy without drugs. I was on gastroscopy month ago (third time to me) and that I called nightmare...colonoscopy is piece of cake when compares gastroscopy.

OMG, no drugs??!!:eek-2:

Really glad to hear that it went well for you. And let's hope I'll never need a gastroscopy!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, how are you? Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

How's your thyroid med intake going? I hope it's not giving you trouble.

I've been reading up a bit more on Hashimoto's. Apparently, all my recent problems including dizziness, vertigo attacks, shortness of breath; as well as those I've been suffering from for several years, inclg extremely dry eyes, extreme thirst all the time etc...seem to be related to Hashimoto's. Trying to read Izabella Wentz in particular. There's just so much out there, it's overwhelming.

I discovered also a few things:

- my thyroglobulin antibody level has been in the 900's since May 2018, ie. months before my diverticulitis attack. I didn't actually realise that my GP tested my antibodies (for some reason, I don't remember the report that they mailed me showing the antibodies readings). Prior to this, just Oct 2017, I had my thyroid tests and my antibodies were around 500-600, like they'd been for 8-9 years prior. So they almost doubled in about six months!;(

- I read on Izabella Wentz site that if your blood pressure is below 120/80, then you're at risk of having underactive adrenals or that you are dehydrated.

I quote from her site:

"People with adrenal fatigue often have low blood pressure and/or a drop in blood pressure after standing up from a lying down or sitting position (orthostatic hypotension). If your blood pressure is below 120/80 mmHg, this may mean that your adrenals are underactive, or that you are dehydrated. Symptoms may include dizziness or lightheadedness when standing up from a sitting/lying down position."

I never knew this!! All my life, I tried to do everything I could to NOT go above this kind of reading. If memory serves, most of my BP readings have been below 120/80.

- Today, I talked to my GP who has now ordered a reverse T3 test for me (first time ever anyone has agreed to do it, woo hoo). I asked about NDT and LDN and he said in Singapore, it's impossible to get those. He also told me that 25mcg of Euthyrox is far too low and am wondering if I should double my dosage. I notice that my hair loss has now started again, albeit not at an alarming rate like before. I guess with thyroid meds, your body becomes used to it over time and you may need to up the dosage.

- Coupled with this is the bad news that I fell off the Paleo AI diet wagon. I found it too hard not to eat bread, not to eat ANY dairy (I like some cheese and a little butter now and again). I am still not eating legumes or soy, still not having milk & eggs, but am craving nuts. And over the festive season, I am afraid to say I had a few glasses of champagne ...not a lot but certainly not none. Oh one thing I wanted to ask you: if gluten causes inflammation in your body, would a gluten-allergy test give you the answer? My understanding is that a gluten-allergy test is more to do with diagnosing Celiac disease.

- Now I need to figure out how to do the adrenals saliva test. Will follow your recommendation. But what I don't understand is that I don't actually feel tired, not unless I don't sleep well. Most days, I feel fine, just dizzy.

Oh the good news is that I had my heart tested and everything is fine. Well, the cardiologist now wants to do a calcium CT scan to see if my arteries are blocked with plague and/ or if I have a clot in my lungs - reason being he can't figure out an obvious cause for my shortness of breath. I am reluctant to do yet another CT scan bc of the risk of radiation. Anyway, I suspect my Hashimoto's may be the culprit.

And the cardiologist ordered a fasting cholesterol test and the readings are similar to the non-fasting one, ie. my total and LDL are on the high side - readings almost identical. Ah well...trying to do more cardio to bring those down and improve my heart health too.

Sorry, I am kinda rambling here, and not being very cohesive, lol. Had very little sleep last night. Well, that's my excuse anyhow, lol.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, how are you? Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

How's your thyroid med intake going? I hope it's not giving you trouble.

I've been reading up a bit more on Hashimoto's. Apparently, all my recent problems including dizziness, vertigo attacks, shortness of breath; as well as those I've been suffering from for several years, inclg extremely dry eyes, extreme thirst all the time etc...seem to be related to Hashimoto's. Trying to read Izabella Wentz in particular. There's just so much out there, it's overwhelming.

I discovered also a few things:

- my thyroglobulin antibody level has been in the 900's since May 2018, ie. months before my diverticulitis attack. I didn't actually realise that my GP tested my antibodies (for some reason, I don't remember the report that they mailed me showing the antibodies readings). Prior to this, just Oct 2017, I had my thyroid tests and my antibodies were around 500-600, like they'd been for 8-9 years prior. So they almost doubled in about six months!;(

- I read on Izabella Wentz site that if your blood pressure is below 120/80, then you're at risk of having underactive adrenals or that you are dehydrated.

I quote from her site:

"People with adrenal fatigue often have low blood pressure and/or a drop in blood pressure after standing up from a lying down or sitting position (orthostatic hypotension). If your blood pressure is below 120/80 mmHg, this may mean that your adrenals are underactive, or that you are dehydrated. Symptoms may include dizziness or lightheadedness when standing up from a sitting/lying down position."

I never knew this!! All my life, I tried to do everything I could to NOT go above this kind of reading. If memory serves, most of my BP readings have been below 120/80.

- Today, I talked to my GP who has now ordered a reverse T3 test for me (first time ever anyone has agreed to do it, woo hoo). I asked about NDT and LDN and he said in Singapore, it's impossible to get those. He also told me that 25mcg of Euthyrox is far too low and am wondering if I should double my dosage. I notice that my hair loss has now started again, albeit not at an alarming rate like before. I guess with thyroid meds, your body becomes used to it over time and you may need to up the dosage.

- Coupled with this is the bad news that I fell off the Paleo AI diet wagon. I found it too hard not to eat bread, not to eat ANY dairy (I like some cheese and a little butter now and again). I am still not eating legumes, still not having milk but am craving nuts. And over the festive season, I am afraid to say I had a few glasses of champagne ...not a lot but certainly not none. Oh one thing I wanted to ask you: if gluten causes inflammation in your body, would a gluten-allergy test give you the answer? My understanding is that a gluten-allergy test is more to do with diagnosing Celiac disease.

- Now I need to figure out how to do the adrenals saliva test. Will follow your recommendation. But what I don't understand is that I don't actually feel tired, not unless I don't sleep well. Most days, I feel fine, just dizzy.

Oh the good news is that I had my heart tested and everything is fine. Well, the cardiologist now wants to do a calcium CT scan to see if my arteries are blocked with plague and/ or if I have a clot in my lungs - reason being he can't figure out an obvious cause for my shortness of breath. I am reluctant to do yet another CT scan bc of the risk of radiation. Anyway, I suspect my Hashimoto's may be the culprit.

And cardiologist ordered a fasting cholesterol test and the readings are similar to the non-fasting one, ie. my total and LDL are on the high side. Ah well...trying to do more cardio to bring those down and improve my heart health too.

Sorry, I am kinda rambling here, and not being very cohesive, lol. Had very little sleep last night. Well, that's my excuse anyhow, lol.

Dear @Phoenix happy new year to you as well. I’m so sorry I’m in a mad dash and will come back to reply sometime as soon as I can. Rushing off to dentist and so much to do as we are heading back home tomorrow after a lovely 3plus weeks here at the beach.

Yes I understand all you are writing. I too have adrenal issues but I’m tired almost all the time. But I never sleep well so that’s part of it. Another big part for me are my hormones. As in I have none lol. Seriously low testosterone progesterone and estrogen and as you know thyroid hormones. I’m seeing my endocrinologist in a few weeks. I haven’t been retested yet.

I’m glad your doctor is ordering a reverse t3 test for you. I’m sorry your hair loss is resuming albeit at a slower rate. Hope that stops soon for you. You’re on the right track and that’s great. More than half the battle. Don’t be hard on yourself. Just try getting back to AIP as much as you can and just do the best you can. Remember it’s not forever for most people and you can add back as the months go on. Just do what you can to see if it helps your antibodies.

I don’t think celiac testing will be too useful unless you test positive for Celiac. Then you cannot have any gluten but it’s a pretty inaccurate test as far as I understand.

I’m glad you’re finding Izabella Wendtz helpful. I love her books and her writing style. And she’s reasonable and not over the top.

For adrenal issues you must do a 24 hour saliva test. It’s the most accurate way to know for sure. The fact that you sleep well and generally feel well is all good. You might just be dealing with a see saw stress pattern for your adrenals which is a very early stage and very manageable. Mainly by treating our sluggish thyroid as that is the main stressor for the adrenals.

Hashimoto’s and hypothyroidism can wreak havoc on our bodies and it does not surprise me in the least that your symptoms may all go back to your Hashimoto’s. Good news is you can get this under better control. Just try getting back to AIP for a few months and see how you do.

Great news about your heart. I’m undergoing cardiac testing next month. A bit nervous about that.

No need to apologize about your post. It’s very clear and cohesive!

So sorry I’m running off but hope that helps a bit and I’ll be back. Please post any questions you want and if I can help answer them I will.

((((Hugs)))).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thank you for your prompt reply, as always.

Good luck at the dentist today and at the cardiologist next month.

Yes, I must do my adrenals test. Will def try the Paleo AI diet again. I actually didn't realise that my antibodies have doubled in the last few months, thought it was just an abnormal spike due to my infection. I need to bring them down before my Hashimoto's progresses to hypothyrodism. Oh btw, was it you that told me that it's possible to actually eliminate Hashimoto's altogether? I was under the impression that once you're diagnosed with Hashimoto's, you're doomed for life.

No rush to reply straightaway, @missy. Whenever you have time. Glad you had a lovely 3 week plus at your beach house.:))

{{HUGS}}

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Sending lots of love over. :(2 I hope they get to the bottom of it, soon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of love over. :(2 I hope they get to the bottom of it, soon.

Thank you, @strawrose. Very sweet of you:)). I think theses issues are gonna hang around for a while. It stresses the importance of clean eating and exercise - more so than for your "average" person - and above all maintaining a positive attitude.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thank you for your prompt reply, as always.

Good luck at the dentist today and at the cardiologist next month.

Yes, I must do my adrenals test. Will def try the Paleo AI diet again. I actually didn't realise that my antibodies have doubled in the last few months, thought it was just an abnormal spike due to my infection. I need to bring them down before my Hashimoto's progresses to hypothyrodism. Oh btw, was it you that told me that it's possible to actually eliminate Hashimoto's altogether? I was under the impression that once you're diagnosed with Hashimoto's, you're doomed for life.

No rush to reply straightaway, @missy. Whenever you have time. Glad you had a lovely 3 week plus at your beach house.:))

{{HUGS}}

Thanks @Phoenix all went well with my dentist yesterday. So once we have Hashimoto's we can go into remission (ie antibodies go way down some feel they need to be 0 and some feel they can be under a certain number to be in remission and do not need to be 0) but once you have Hashimoto's you always do. But can be in remission forever so in essence free of Hashimoto's though technically still have that diagnosis. In reality it doesn't matter because if you are in remission and stay in remission for all intents and purposes you are healthy and well. Hope that makes sense.

My antibodies are not zero but the last few times we had them checked they were under the lab limit and considered "normal" but as pointed out by some if you aren't at zero you still have a level of inflammation happening.

That is the extent of my knowledge regarding that.

Hope you are feeling well and enjoy a lovely weekend and I will be checking in so if you have any other thoughts/questions or anything I am around.
:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think theses issues are gonna hang around for a while. It stresses the importance of clean eating and exercise - more so than for your "average" person - and above all maintaining a positive attitude.

This is so true...most people don't deal with these issues and don't really get it. It's the same with hair loss. I observe from a distance (because I have not told most of my friends about this in any real detail only my very closest friends know) how people dismiss things like hair loss and fatigue etc. Until one goes through these issues themselves they truly cannot comprehend how it feels to lose control this way and lose one's hair and sense of well being.

I am not saying all people are like this (and certainly not you @strawrose) but I observe from afar that yes many people dismiss hair loss and other health concerns (such as overwhelming fatigue and lack of energy) as inconsequential. They wouldn't be so quick to do that if they were experiencing these signs and symptoms. But I guess it is (for many that is) human nature to deny/ignore/dismiss certain things when it is not happening to you. True empathy is a rare trait and perhaps that is for survival. If we felt strongly everything others were dealing with it would be too severe I think. But I am one who does feel things for others very strongly and much to my detriment. But it is what it is and I am an HSP (highly sensitive person).

And a positive attitude goes a long way. I so agree. We cannot control everything that happens to us but yes we can control how we feel about it and how we deal with it. Loving relationships really help one deal with these things and feel good despite what is happening. Knowing that we are not alone and that we are loved for who we are is critical. We are more than our symptoms. And we are going to be A OK @Phoenix. ((((HUGS))).

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I think you misunderstand me. Having a close friend who died from ME, I know fatigue is not something inconsequential. Unfortunately, even doctors will dismiss it until it’s too late. It was a very tragic loss for me and I read up a lot about it. I cannot add more to the conversation, except to try to give at least some sympathy to @Phoenix.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I think you misunderstand me. Having a close friend who died from ME, I know fatigue is not something inconsequential. Unfortunately, even doctors will dismiss it until it’s too late. It was a very tragic loss for me and I read up a lot about it. I cannot add more to the conversation, except to try to give at least some sympathy to @Phoenix.

Aww no you misunderstood me @strawrose. I definitely got the empathetic and sympathetic vibes from your kind post! Just was writing that most people aren't like you. Hope that clears things up...(((hugs))).

(That's why I wrote "certainly not you @strawrose" when I posted above).

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Aww no you misunderstood me @strawrose! I definitely got the empathetic and sympathetic vibes from your kind post! Just was writing that most people aren't like you. Hope that clears things up...(((hugs))).

*huggles* sorry for this misunderstanding. I’m highly sensitive too and was thinking about this friend last night. :oops:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry to hear this, @strawrose. {{HUGS}}

And thank you for your kind words and sympathy.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so true...most people don't deal with these issues and don't really get it. It's the same with hair loss. I observe from a distance (because I have not told most of my friends about this in any real detail only my very closest friends know) how people dismiss things like hair loss and fatigue etc. Until one goes through these issues themselves they truly cannot comprehend how it feels to lose control this way and lose one's hair and sense of well being.

I am not saying all people are like this (and certainly not you @strawrose) but I observe from afar that yes many people dismiss hair loss and other health concerns (such as overwhelming fatigue and lack of energy) as inconsequential. They wouldn't be so quick to do that if they were experiencing these signs and symptoms. But I guess it is (for many that is) human nature to deny/ignore/dismiss certain things when it is not happening to you. True empathy is a rare trait and perhaps that is for survival. If we felt strongly everything others were dealing with it would be too severe I think. But I am one who does feel things for others very strongly and much to my detriment. But it is what it is and I am an HSP (highly sensitive person).

And a positive attitude goes a long way. I so agree. We cannot control everything that happens to us but yes we can control how we feel about it and how we deal with it. Loving relationships really help one deal with these things and feel good despite what is happening. Knowing that we are not alone and that we are loved for who we are is critical. We are more than our symptoms. And we are going to be A OK @Phoenix. ((((HUGS))).

No truer words have been spoken. Thank you, @missy. {{HUGS back}}

Glad to hear all went well with your dentist.

Thank you also for the information re Hashimoto's being in remission. I'd be super happy for it to be in remission. I guess I've come to term with the fact that I will always have Hashimoto's. I just want the antibodies to go down and to not have to deal with all the horrible symptoms!

On a more positive note, I've just re-started my Paleo AI diet. My partner says he'll join me, to keep me company, yay!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No truer words have been spoken. Thank you, @missy. {{HUGS back}}

Glad to hear all went well with your dentist.

Thank you also for the information re Hashimoto's being in remission. I'd be super happy for it to be in remission. I guess I've come to term with the fact that I will always have Hashimoto's. I just want the antibodies to go down and to not have to deal with all the horrible symptoms!

On a more positive note, I've just re-started my Paleo AI diet. My partner says he'll join me, to keep me company, yay!!

Yay!!! What a wonderful partner!!! I am so happy you have a great support system and that goes a long way towards our mental (and therefore physical) health. :appl:

And you can do it @Phoenix...remember AIP is not forever and you can add things back one at a time slowly after a few months. Stick to it as best you can for a few months and see how you feel overall and retest your antibodies and go from there. Sending you buckets of healing vibes and (((hugs))).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I had the colonoscopy yesterday. They found some polyps and removed them for biopsy. I'm having a follow up tomorrow. Fingers crossed there is nothing sinister.

The procedure itself was a breeze (I was asleep, haha - they gave me only propofol as I am allergic to Dormicum), and woke up with lots of air which was very uncomfortable but not painful. The prep was the WORST!! For 2 days (ie. Saturday and Sun), I could only have white bread and cheese and soup. Rice was not allowed, nor were noodles or pasta. Obviously, vegetables and fruit were disallowed, as were meat - this was very hard for me. The "expunger" (is there such a word? lol) was very very uncomfortable and the Fortrans solution made me very nauseous.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank everyone who chimed in and gave me very valuable advice.

@missy, I completely fell off the AP diet, as I was disallowed everything except white bread, cheese/ butter and soup. Will have to re-start yet again!! And incidentally, I had my heart and arteries and lungs checked out and everything is a-ok there! I strongly suspect my shortness of breath and dizziness have something to do with the mould in my house, which was confirmed by a "mould guy", albeit by a less-than-scientific method.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I had the colonoscopy yesterday. They found some polyps and removed them for biopsy. I'm having a follow up tomorrow. Fingers crossed there is nothing sinister.

The procedure itself was a breeze (I was asleep, haha - they gave me only propofol as I am allergic to Dormicum), and woke up with lots of air which was very uncomfortable but not painful. The prep was the WORST!! For 2 days (ie. Saturday and Sun), I could only have white bread and cheese and soup. Rice was not allowed, nor were noodles or pasta. Obviously, vegetables and fruit were disallowed, as were meat - this was very hard for me. The "expunger" (is there such a word? lol) was very very uncomfortable and the Fortrans solution made me very nauseous.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank everyone who chimed in and gave me very valuable advice.

@missy, I completely fell off the AP diet, as I was disallowed everything except white bread, cheese/ butter and soup. Will have to re-start yet again!! And incidentally, I had my heart and arteries and lungs checked out and everything is a-ok there! I strongly suspect my shortness of breath and dizziness have something to do with the mould in my house, which was confirmed by a "mould guy", albeit by a less-than-scientific method.

Glad this is all over for you. Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health & then you can put it behind you. Big hugs!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad this is all over for you. Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health & then you can put it behind you. Big hugs!

Thank you very much, @Alex T. Hope all is well with you.

{{HUGS}}

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey @Phoenix :))

I'm glad you're through that procedure and out the other side. If nothing else, you've had a lot of stuff checked out and ruled out, so that's great. Where do you go from here re the mould? That stuff can be so dangerous! My best friend has mould at her office - recently confirmed, long suspected - and she and all her colleagues have had to move to another building while it's addressed. Neither a short nor an easy process, apparently.

I hope you're feeling better and that you can go from strength to strength.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @Phoenix :))

I'm glad you're through that procedure and out the other side. If nothing else, you've had a lot of stuff checked out and ruled out, so that's great. Where do you go from here re the mould? That stuff can be so dangerous! My best friend has mould at her office - recently confirmed, long suspected - and she and all her colleagues have had to move to another building while it's addressed. Neither a short nor an easy process, apparently.

I hope you're feeling better and that you can go from strength to strength.

Thank you very much, @mrs-b. It's true I've had all kinds of tests - to eliminate all the possibilities. I am thinking it's GOT to be the mould; it really cannot be anything else. I've run out of body parts to test!! lol

I can't really see the mould, but the guy who came to inspect it drew my attention to the walls where there are tiny, near-microscopic bugs which apparently feed on the mould. The walls have now all been wiped down, with just soap and water and then dried. But he's proposed to treat the walls with a chemical which he claims is non-toxix. I don't believe him! I am super-sensitive to ALL chemicals and chemical/ artificial smells. Supposedly, I can stay in the house while they carry out the treatment but I have zero intention of doing so. So, now I am thinking I should move to temporary mould-free accommodation for a month, to see if my symptoms improve. If they do, then it's pretty conclusive proof that I am reacting to the mould. If that is the case, I will have the mould treated and continue to stay out of the house, or I may put up the house for sale. If I put up the house for sale, I will have to disclose the fact to prospective buyers, unless the prospective buyer - whoever that is - knocks down the house and re-builds from scratch (the latter is very common in this part of the world).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results