shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever used denture cleaner to clean rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''m not sure where I read this, but I recall seeing a post about someone using Efferdent (denture cleaners) to clean her engagement ring. Has anyone every tried this, and is it safe for the ring?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really have never heard a jeweler recommend that. The safest thing is warm water with a little Dawn or some jewelry cleaner with a soft child''s toothbrush.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
SuLi, I''ve tried it when my earlier US machine died on me but the effects were not great. I actually found a small amount of vinegar mixed with warm water more effective. Now that I have a new US, I still mix a bit of vinegar into the water when using it....and it does makes my diamonds sparkle.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
I have used denture cleaner as a ring cleanser...it works for me when I am in a pinch or don''t have time to give my ring the "formal bath" lol, I just throw the two together while I put on my makeup or get dressed, then rinse.
I second DiaGem''s recommendation about the vinegar. I use straight vinegar (not diluted with water) and a little jewelry brush. It works really well...just make sure to rinse your pieces REALLY thoroughly or they will be stinky!!!
41.gif
14.gif

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Don''t use just any vinegar, use distilled white vinegar. I use it to clean everything in my house practically.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
no, but it will take the stain out of your nails if you make a paste, as will facial hair bleach....just FYI lol

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2007 10:22:24 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
no, but it will take the stain out of your nails if you make a paste, as will facial hair bleach....just FYI lol
Hey! I was wondering about this the other day. I used them to clean a clear glass vase.

So no deal on cleaning the rings but my toe nails could use some paste. THANKS

norman_in_L.A.

Rough_Rock
We use a combination of Mr. Clean and water in our ultrasonic cleaners.

We have tried several combinations of ammonia, liquid soap, & vinegar but we see the best
results with Mr. Clean.

http://www.mrclean.com/sites/en_US/mrclean/products/index.shtml

For at home use try a cap full of Mr. Clean in a cup of water. Drop your diamond jewelry in this
mixture for a while and then brush the item with an old tooth brush. A lot of our customers leave their
jewelry in this Mr.Clean mixture overnite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results