shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever sized a bangle? Is that a thing?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am just wondering aloud - I have not bought many bangle style bracelets even though I love them because they are almost always too big, and the child sized ones are too small. I have a 5.75" wrist (when I measure w a measuring tape with no slack) so I think a 6 inch would be the sweet spot in terms of size. Most of them are 6.5 and up, or child ones tend to be 5.5 or smaller. I'm just wondering if bangles can be sized like rings can. :confused:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is not just about the size of the wrist, the widest part of the hand needs to be taken into consideration if the bangle is not hinged.

Even for a hinged bangle, the widest part of the hand still needs to be taken into consideration to prevent the bangle from slipping off if it is too big.

Also needs to take into consideration if it is round or oval in shape - ovals would minimise twisting on the wrists which would be more suitable for designs that are localised, e.g. 3-stone diamonds bypass style.

One can buy gauges for bangles and I have bought one which is adjustable.

I have yet to resize a bangle, however, I can't see why it cannot be done.

DK :))

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It is not just about the size of the wrist, the widest part of the hand needs to be taken into consideration if the bangle is not hinged.

Even for a hinged bangle, the widest part of the hand still needs to be taken into consideration to prevent the bangle from slipping off if it is too big.

Also needs to take into consideration if it is round or oval in shape - ovals would minimise twisting on the wrists which would be more suitable for designs that are localised, e.g. 3-stone diamonds bypass style.

One can buy gauges for bangles and I have bought one which is adjustable.

I have yet to resize a bangle, however, I can't see why it cannot be done.

DK :))

I will google the gauge thing. I meant hinge or opening in some way; sorry for not saying that before!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How about a mix of bar and chain in a bracelet? The sleek look of a bangle but the better fit of a bracelet; you can size it differently for summer swelling; and no clanging a fixed bangle into desks etc when you’re working. Mine is like this and I love it:
IMG_9510.jpeg

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I've run in to this same dilemma. I have multiple hinge style bracelets - all are too large for me now, as I've lost a good amount of weight.
Cartier said the only option would be to melt the original bracelet and they would re-create it in a smaller size (for a charge of 40% of the original price)
Tiffany outright said there would be no way to reduce the size.

I never thought about the issues with a hinged bracelet!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've run in to this same dilemma. I have multiple hinge style bracelets - all are too large for me now, as I've lost a good amount of weight.
Cartier said the only option would be to melt the original bracelet and they would re-create it in a smaller size (for a charge of 40% of the original price)
Tiffany outright said there would be no way to reduce the size.

I never thought about the issues with a hinged bracelet!

you know how people wear a chain or necklace over aturtle neck
would it be feasable to wear a bangle over a sleeve ?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results