shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone disputed a transaction on Pay Pal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did it go? In your favor?

I bought a bottle of supplements from a company in the UK (I''m in the US) and it arrived with the outer plastic seal missing and the inner foil folded back. I''ve emailed the company three times and they''re not responding. If I call, I''d be stuck paying long distance to there
32.gif
Really annoying!

Anyway, I have a feeling that the co. won''t cooperate and Pay Pal will have to "review" the dispute. Anyone deal with this?

(My purchase wasn''t an expensive one - only $46. I''m just curious if something like this happens in the future over a larger amount, will PP be more inclined to back the buyer or the seller.)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We did it on a $35 item that was never received also with no response from the seller. Once PayPal contacted the person, they very quickly refunded the money. The excuse was illness in the family. I am not sure whether I believed them or not, since the item went for an amount much lower than the item was worth. I suspected they might have sellers remorse, but they said they misplaced the item (tahitian peral earrings).

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. I disputed an ebay purchase that I never received. I attempted to contact the seller many times and ended up filing a Paypal dispute. They issued me a refund within a week as they were unable to contact the seller (and in the time I had made my purchase to when I filed the dispute he had racked up A LOT of negative feedback!).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 5:46:29 PM
Author: sammyj
(and in the time I had made my purchase to when I filed the dispute he had racked up A LOT of negative feedback!).
Yikes!

Glad you both got your money back. I read that if someone tries to dispute YOU on a claim, that PP can freeze the funds in there. . .not sure how true that is. Even though I filed the dispute, I still took my money out of there (usually I kept a few hundred in case DH wants to bid on something).

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
My experience was almost the same as Sammyj''s, and I too received a refund fairly quickly after starting the process (within 2 weeks). I think the amount was about $30.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yes - it was for around $200 and the process took about 4 weeks.

I did have to pay the postage to return the item to the vendor (they wouldn''t give me an address to send the item back to and told Paypal that I was witholding the item - Paypal eventually sent me the guy''s address).

It was a PITA, but it''s the only bad experience I have had in 4 years and a LOT of ebay purchases - and it was resolved in my favour. Keep copies of all email correspondence with the vendor.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I have done that before. It was about $25, and I would have gotten the money back, but I waited too long to file a dispute, and so they couldn''t open a case on it. So just make sure if your going to do it, do it before the time limit expires......I can''t remember what the time period is specifically, but it should be posted on their site.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Disputing is easy and the buyer usually wins so don''t worry. The seller will usually resolve the issue very quickly once they see a claim has been made.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
About a year ago, my fiance ordered some car part off ebay. It came in a little envelope through the regular mail, and they charged $5 to ship it. It was not as described at all, and mis-represented. I filed a dispute through PayPal, and they gave the seller so many days to respond. They never did respond, so they automatically ruled in our favor, and we got our money back. I would say, it''s always worth trying if it wasn''t what you expected, or never received!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My experience was much like everyone else''s, so I won''t go into detail. Good luck!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Yikes MC, that sucks.

I can''t advise you as I avoid PP & e-bay like the plague.

Good luck.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:00:01 PM
Author: Steel
Yikes MC, that sucks.

I can''t advise you as I avoid PP & e-bay like the plague.

Good luck.
Thanks. I''ve never had anything like this happen before. The vitamins I ordered were from a website (rather than eBay) which accepted paypal. Normally I pay with credit card, but figured that one time would be okay. . .

Anyway, sounds like from everyones'' responses that I''ll get my money back!
1.gif

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
I disuputed a purchase and did NOT get my money back. I ordered two t-shirts from a vendor and then never received them. After a few emails and calls, I was given the excuse that they had just expanded their business, and my order got lost in the shuffle. I was told my order would be shipped out immediately. When I received it, it was only one t-shirt. Again, I had ordered and paid for two. I never got a response when I tried to contact them this time. When I disputed with paypal, the vendor sent them the tracking number, but never addressed the fact that I only received one t-shirt. Paypal didn''t make them pay since they produced the tracking number.
7.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve done a paypal dispute twice. One time the woman agreed on a refund once I opened the dispute. The other time paypal didn''t rule in my favor even though the item was clearly not what it said. It was crystal, brandname, but not marked on the bottom, which I''d asked before buying it, and was either poorly made or a second, which I''d also asked about. I had doubts it was crystal. I emailed the original maker with a photo to get more information and they said it while it was close, it wasn''t something that they would sell unless it was as a second because of the bubbles, unmarked foot, and the height and foot size being off too much for their catalogue items. Paypal still ruled in the seller''s favour. So I did a chargeback through my credit card. I try to always use my credit card rather than bank account when paying through paypal for this reason. Once paypal has their part of the payment they really don''t care what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results