shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone converted a bracelet to bangle?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Just wondering if anyone has done this? I have a bracelet that I love, but the spinning drives me insane.

I would prefer the diamonds to stay on the top of my wrist but it always slides to the inside of my wrist and then it gets bumped on things. I can't wear when working because it hits the desk when typing.

How hard would it be to convert it to a bangle? Without ripping it apart?

Attached photos for reference.

IMG_20230722_151741.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would shortening the bracelet help? I’ve seen bracelets like this, and brooches, added to bangles / cuffs. Do you find bangles more comfortable? It will be bigger and heavier.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Would shortening the bracelet help? I’ve seen bracelets like this, and brooches, added to bangles / cuffs. Do you find bangles more comfortable? It will be bigger and heavier.

I did shorten this and it is the perfect length now but it just spins. I guess all bracelets do to some degree. I just wish the diamonds didn't face the inside of my wrist where I can't see it. I think the bangle would just hold everything in place more and I won't have that problem of the diamonds spinning.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have experience converting a bracelet to a bangle but just chiming in to say this is such a gorgeous piece! Totally see why you love it and want the diamonds to stay on top. Hope you find a solution soon and, if not, still gets lots of enjoyment from this beautiful piece!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can definitely add it to a bangle or cuff. I wonder if soldering a piece of wire behind the diamond links would give it enough stability to stop it from flipping?

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have experience converting a bracelet to a bangle but just chiming in to say this is such a gorgeous piece! Totally see why you love it and want the diamonds to stay on top. Hope you find a solution soon and, if not, still gets lots of enjoyment from this beautiful piece!

Thank you so much for your lovely compliment. I don't wear it as much as I could due to the spinning so I hope to find a solution soon - one that's cost effective lol.

You can definitely add it to a bangle or cuff. I wonder if soldering a piece of wire behind the diamond links would give it enough stability to stop it from flipping?

I will check with my jeweller but I think that would be the cheapest option if possible to solder a wire behind the links. Fingers crossed this is possible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results