shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone chosen a dress that you loved but no one you shopped with liked?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I will popa reminder in my calander I need to call them to cancel my dress as well :razz:

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 7:19:57 AM
Author: Deelight
I will popa reminder in my calander I need to call them to cancel my dress as well :razz:
Haha, so are you going to say, "Um, hey, don''t want that old dress, how much is this other dress? No, I don''t want it either, just curious about the price?"
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 7:23:41 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 8/27/2009 7:19:57 AM

Haha, so are you going to say, ''Um, hey, don''t want that old dress, how much is this other dress? No, I don''t want it either, just curious about the price?''
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

something like that - yeah that sounds good :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hahah! Would love to see the expression on the face of whoever it is you talk to on the phone.
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
HAHAHAHAHAHA I am just hoping they won''t be beeethces about the whole thing :razz:

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed that they are nice to you in hopes of making a sale, even though we both know that you aren''t buying anything.
3.gif
But hey, if their prices are amazing, maybe I will!
2.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is gorgeous!! Congratulations Gwen
36.gif
36.gif
. I hope to see some pics soon
10.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
it''s gorgeous!!! love the flouncy sleeves. it''s such a romantic dress!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh congratulations!!!! that dress is so delicate looking. i love the lace!!!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
gwendolyn, I just wanted to tell you how glad I am you were able to get the dress that YOU adored! There are many things that will come up and you will have to compromise on, (or at least there were for me) but knowing that you look beautiful and that you will enjoy looking at yourself in the pictures afterward is a very nice feeling.

congrats on finding the dress! (and then of course on getting them to sell it to you on your terms!!)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I really like the one you went with! Good for you getting the one you really love!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the comments on it, ladies! I can''t wait to put it on again and take some photos so you can see the beautiful detail of it. It''s just so so pretty!
30.gif

And on an amusing (well, to me, anyway) side note, I had previous sent my mom a photo of this dress along with a few others, and she wasn''t too keen on any of them and tried to direct me elsewhere, to just order a dress online from the states (
32.gif
), and so she was (at best) less than enthusiastic about the dresses I was excited to try on.

Well, now that I''ve sent her this dress again, this time with the caption, "This *is* MY dress!" she''s all excited about it!
3.gif
Says it looks gorgeous and she can''t wait to see me in it, and would it be ok if I sent the picture to two of my aunts so they can get all giggly and excited about it, and she''s so happy that the dress I found makes me feel so good. It''s wonderful that she''s saying all that, especially since (and maybe she doesn''t realize?) she had already seen the exact same photo of this dress and seemed to feel rather ''meh'' about it. Maybe she''s just being nice to me, or maybe she never really paid it much attention before (my guess is this one; my mother''s attention span is usually microscopic
2.gif
). She will get all happily teary-eyed when she sees me in it, though, I bet. I will have to email her photos while I''m on the phone with her so I can hear her reaction.
5.gif

So, yeah, she says she loves it now! Yay!
9.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gwendolyn: That's a beautiful dress -- I can't wait to see pics of you in it!

Date: 8/28/2009 2:15:47 AM
Well, now that I've sent her this dress again, this time with the caption, 'This *is* MY dress!' she's all excited about it!
3.gif
Says it looks gorgeous and she can't wait to see me in it, and would it be ok if I sent the picture to two of my aunts so they can get all giggly and excited about it, and she's so happy that the dress I found makes me feel so good.

I have no idea what your aunts look like, yet I'm getting a mental image of two women squealing and getting giggly about your wedding dress. So cute!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Gwen, your dress selection is impeccable! Absolutely the best choice, and I''m so thrilled that you will have exactly what you want on your big day. If all brides could be so fortunate...

Congrats! bring on the photos!
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 7:41:12 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA I am just hoping they won't be beeethces about the whole thing :razz:

I have a price for you :) they I have to say were REALLY NICE about the whole thing, I can even transfer my small deposit rather then losing it shoudl I try on something else I like.

I also chekced hun they will send the dress to LONDON :) YAY so it may be cheaper for you to order and send over

Based on today's exchange rate the cost for your dress here is 1,194.84 GBP :) (AUD $2310)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gwen darling! I am late to this thread, so sorry, but WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That dress is freakin gorgeous. You are going to be a stunning bride!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 10:06:16 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA I am just hoping they won''t be beeethces about the whole thing :razz:

I have a price for you :) they I have to say were REALLY NICE about the whole thing, I can even transfer my small deposit rather then losing it shoudl I try on something else I like.

I also chekced hun they will send the dress to LONDON :) YAY so it may be cheaper for you to order and send over

Based on today''s exchange rate the cost for your dress here is 1,194.84 GBP :) (AUD $2310)
You are the BEST for checking up on this for me, honey pie--thank you so so much!!!
36.gif
And wow, that''s really great that they are being way cool about things and will allow you to transfer your deposit as well! It is close but the dress here is slightly less expensive (mostly because it''s the sample--the regular retail price of it is £1290 but am getting it for a grand). But it''s good to know that I am not getting ripped off. Thank you so much for taking the time to ask about my dress for me, sweetie!
1.gif

Thanks for the compliments on the dress, ladies--will be going down to the dress shop next Saturday to try it on again and take a gazillion photos of me in it!! WOOHOO!! Can''t wait!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 6:26:37 AM
Date: 8/28/2009 10:06:16 PM

Based on today''s exchange rate the cost for your dress here is 1,194.84 GBP :) (AUD $2310)

You are the BEST for checking up on this for me, honey pie--thank you so so much!!!
36.gif
And wow, that''s really great that they are being way cool about things and will allow you to transfer your deposit as well! It is close but the dress here is slightly less expensive (mostly because it''s the sample--the regular retail price of it is £1290 but am getting it for a grand). But it''s good to know that I am not getting ripped off. Thank you so much for taking the time to ask about my dress for me, sweetie!
1.gif

Thanks for the compliments on the dress, ladies--will be going down to the dress shop next Saturday to try it on again and take a gazillion photos of me in it!! WOOHOO!! Can''t wait!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Anytime sweetie :) no dramas :D I know I for one will be hanging out for the piccies YEEEHAHAHA :D

If you want to meet the designer of that dress I know she is heading out to the UK around Nov/Dec (IIRC) she is taking the dress I decided not to buy on tour and that is where it will be then :).

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That first gown is STUNNING!!! Who makes it?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 9:29:32 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
Assuming you mean the first gown of the first batch (which is also the last gown of the second batch--sorry for being confusing like that
3.gif
), the designer is an Australian named Roz la Kelin. Here''s her website that the lovely Deelight posted for me, if you want more info on her stuff: http://www.rozlakelin.com/
1.gif

Thanks again, Dee sweetie! Might have to see about meeting her if she will be in my corner of the globe anyway!
35.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 4:16:15 PM
Date: 8/29/2009 9:29:32 AM

Author: Winks_Elf

Assuming you mean the first gown of the first batch (which is also the last gown of the second batch--sorry for being confusing like that
3.gif
), the designer is an Australian named Roz la Kelin. Here''s her website that the lovely Deelight posted for me, if you want more info on her stuff: http://www.rozlakelin.com/
1.gif

Thanks again, Dee sweetie! Might have to see about meeting her if she will be in my corner of the globe anyway!
35.gif

if you do I will say she is interesting...a tad overwhelming there were a few brides in the shop that day but she was the one that was helping me pick out dresses (apprently this made me special according to the SA''s :razz:), mind you I didn''t realise she was the designer till about 40 mins in - yeah I am quick :razz:.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Dee and Gwen! She does some gorgeous designs! I might just have to look into them
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results