shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought lab created diamonds on Etsy?

Septemberwedding

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am seriously on a lab diamond kick right now. I noticed a seller called facets for karats on Etsy have the option to change the stone from simulated to lab created diamond. I enquired about it further but I wonder if it’s a safe option? I’m UK based and wonder if it will be a serious hassle if I need to return a high value item back to LA.

Anyone have experience with Etsy sellers who are good? I’ve had two moissanite rings made on there and they were quite lack lustre. So don’t want to make that mistake again.
Thanks!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouros Jewels (IIRC) were on Etsy but have since come off - I'm not sure whether by choice or by being removed. Other than that, I'm not sure if there are any in the 'List of MMD Sellers' thread that's in this section.

Would be great to find a reliable, well-priced supplier!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn’t buy anything of high value off Etsy. I’ve read too many horror stories of Etsy not siding with the buyer.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ouros Jewels (IIRC) were on Etsy but have since come off - I'm not sure whether by choice or by being removed. Other than that, I'm not sure if there are any in the 'List of MMD Sellers' thread that's in this section.

Would be great to find a reliable, well-priced supplier!

I just took a plunge and ordered a pair of side stones from Ouros on EBay. Will let you know how it turns out.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I just took a plunge and ordered a pair of side stones from Ouros on EBay. Will let you know how it turns out.

I’m thinking of buying from Ouros. Please let us know how it turns out and post photos if you can! :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome, thank you for taking the chance for us! :))

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will definitely keep you guys posted on this! It’s a small project, so not a ton of money at risk. I believe this is the same person who owns Golden Bird mossanite, so at least he’s not totally unknown here.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will definitely keep you guys posted on this! It’s a small project, so not a ton of money at risk. I believe this is the same person who owns Golden Bird mossanite, so at least he’s not totally unknown here.

really? Didn't realize it was the same person! Definitely intersted to see how this turns out

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
really? Didn't realize it was the same person! Definitely intersted to see how this turns out

Lovedogs, I’m trying to remember where I saw it, I thought it was here in another post, but now I can’t find it. Perhaps it was in one of reviews on Etsy. Now I’m not 100% sure. Same name, same city. Possibly not the same guy? I’ll have to ask him I guess.

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
**following** I’m excited to see what you get!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As promised, posting a quick update. I just received the traps from Ouros and I’m quite happy with my purchase. They’re white, eye- and as far as I can tell, loupe clean and well matched. Very quickly shipped too. The price was very reasonable and the whole transaction was perfectly smooth. Overall, it was definitely worth the risk. By the way I believe they’re back on Etsy also. Attaching photos of the stones alone and with the lab emerald I’m going to have them set with. 8C82F854-7E23-41C2-94F2-BDB816B9323A.jpeg E6E22564-4B77-4FF7-B601-96DDCC8E07F3.jpeg 551C673C-3BBF-4B24-8486-60279BA913EE.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As promised, posting a quick update. I just received the traps from Ouros and I’m quite happy with my purchase. They’re white, eye- and as far as I can tell, loupe clean and well matched. Very quickly shipped too. The price was very reasonable and the whole transaction was perfectly smooth. Overall, it was definitely worth the risk. By the way I believe they’re back on Etsy also. Attaching photos of the stones alone and with the lab emerald I’m going to have them set with. 8C82F854-7E23-41C2-94F2-BDB816B9323A.jpeg E6E22564-4B77-4FF7-B601-96DDCC8E07F3.jpeg 551C673C-3BBF-4B24-8486-60279BA913EE.jpeg

That will look great! Thanks for the feedback :))

Applebutter

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Just wanted to let you know OurosJewels on Etsy is the same gentleman from Golden Bird moissanite. I bought a certified 2ct oval diamond from him and am quite happy with it. Was quite a bit less expensive than the equivalent diamond at Brilliant Earth.

(Been lurking on PS for a while but finally just created an account. Applebutter on DB and LT, roper776 on eBay, so not a spam bot lol!)

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Just wanted to let you know OurosJewels on Etsy is the same gentleman from Golden Bird moissanite. I bought a certified 2ct oval diamond from him and am quite happy with it. Was quite a bit less expensive than the equivalent diamond at Brilliant Earth.

(Been lurking on PS for a while but finally just created an account. Applebutter on DB and LT, roper776 on eBay, so not a spam bot lol!)

Thanks for the information! Useful to know :))

Please do post pictures if you are happy to do so!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a picture. Please excuse the scaly hand, no mani! 2.02 ct, H color, VS2 clarity. 10.15mmx 7.23mm. 1.4 ratio. Custom mounting from Javda.

69EAD4A2-4416-4B9C-AA14-593D78768163.jpeg

That looks great! Congratulations :))

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty diamond and setting. Impressive finger coverage.
Thanks for posting. I love seeing pictures of everyone’s MMD, since they represent more affordable, realistic options , especially in these uncertain times. I can’t help but hope that MMD prices will come down a bit. I’m not wishing for the “ bottom to fall out” of the MMD market but I keep looking at Lightbox prices and waiting for other companies to readjust a bit....not expecting $800 a carat though!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock

Hi alene,
That is going to be one fabulous ring! Can’t wait to see the finished project pictures.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi alene,
That is going to be one fabulous ring! Can’t wait to see the finished project pictures.

Thanks, Jeaniefish! The project got put on hold with the pandemic going on, unfortunately. I’m hoping to see it finished sometime this year, but who knows.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Jeaniefish! The project got put on hold with the pandemic going on, unfortunately. I’m hoping to see it finished sometime this year, but who knows.

It will happen, and you have something beautiful to think about in the meantime!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results