shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought from Wonderjewelers.com ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kellyshea82

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are interested in a princess cut engagement ring with matching diamond wedding band from Wonder Jewelers. This is what they say about it:

"The center stone carried on this master piece is a 1.00 ct Princess cut diamond with G color (Near Colorless Bright White) and VS2 Clarity (Loop Clean, No inclusions!).

The ring also carries 0.50 ct Round diamonds with matching G color and VS2 clarity.

The perfectly matching band carries 0.60 ct of Round cut diamonds with matching G color and VS2 clarity.

Total Carat Weight carried on both rings: 2.11ct

All diamonds are hand selected and professionally matched by our team of GIA certified Gemologists to ensure the high quality and excellent craftsmanship. "

Here is the link:

http://www.wonderjewelers.com/bridal_sets/contemporary_bridal_sets/DCO-006-TA150-5933/

Is Wonder Jewelers a reputable company? Should we buy this ring set? Is it a good deal? Please offer any feedback you may have. We have just begun our search for "the ring"

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can''t comment on your ring but,i did look at some 1ct Rb''s on their web site and the prices are too good to be true.
38.gif
so....be careful !!!

feathers

Rough_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

No experience with the store, but please note the refund policy.

"Refunds
If the customer has any dissatisfaction with our products they have the option to receive a refund (30% of the principle amount will charged as handling and restocking fee) product must be in new condition and not used. There is absolutely no refund on shipping and handling charges."

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of them. Buyer beware. Welcome to PS
35.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2006 9:33:04 PM
Author: feathers

Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

'Refunds

If the customer has any dissatisfaction with our products they have the option to receive a refund (30% of the principle amount will charged as handling and restocking fee) product must be in new condition and not used. There is absolutely no refund on shipping and handling charges.'

Yowch...harsh refund policy!

Also with the ring you posted, it says EGL Princess cut diamond...doesn't show a cert and I'm wondering if it's EGL USA or EGL Israel or even if its the same EGL we think of around here..

Also, there are no measurements of the actual center stone so, you could end up with a dud ie a very rectangular princess cut with no sparkle.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2006 9:33:04 PM
Author: feathers

Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

''Refunds

If the customer has any dissatisfaction with our products they have the option to receive a refund (30% of the principle amount will charged as handling and restocking fee) product must be in new condition and not used. There is absolutely no refund on shipping and handling charges.''

6.gif
WOW!!! 30%
23.gif
they can make a fortune just on restocking fee. so, once you make a purchase,you''re in DEEP S**T. no matter if you decide to return it or not.
38.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't heard of them either. I would be very careful. The refund policy alone would scare me away without even getting to how reputable the cert/lab report is.

Wecome to PS
35.gif

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
Wonder Jewelers - huge eBay presence.
Nice guy who owns the place. I''ve spoken with him on the phone a few times before I made my purchase elsewhere.

I didn''t know about that refund policy! I don''t think I would even have spoken with him had I known about it. I don''t believe his ebay says have the same 30% restock fee, but I could be wrong about that, it''s been a while.

I agree with everyone else - beware

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
That return policy is awful. A reputable vendor should allow you to get the ring inspected and appraised first-- BEFORE you purchase it if you choose and you should be able to return it without penalty if it does not measure up. Anyone that charges 30% (That would be $1500 on a 5K ring) is a scammer, IMHO.

S&H is free at many of the vendors listed here too. the company you listed offers free shipping, but it is ground shipping. I sure wouldnt want a 5K purchase shipped UPS ground. My ups guy just leaves ground packages on the doorstep. AACK!!!

In esscence: They do not provide enough information on their diamonds. That alone would steer me away from buying. The 30% return fee is the icing on the cake. Someone selling quality merchandise wouldn't need to charge this.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone else here, also keep in mind there are really no specs on that stone. It could have the fire and brilliance of an onyx and the measurements of a .50 ct. Just because it says its a 1 ct stone, doesn''t mean it has the spread. You especially need to be careful with a princess, its hard enough to find a good one.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
If your budget is around $5k and you want a nice princess and you like that setting, this is what I would get:
Gorgeous princess in this setting and the matching wedding band. This would even give you 3 cts total, though it is more expensive. If your budget isn''t that high, I would go with a nice .80 or .85 ct princess.

Kellyshea82

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for all the feedback!! We are considering going with a local jeweler that some of our friends used before.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results