shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought from Brilliance.com?

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Hi ,
I’ve been through the list ( several times) of recommended venders for lab diamonds. I can’t find Brilliance.com . Does anyone have experience with them that is good or bad? I don’t think that they are brand new ,so am wondering why this company hasn’t received any praise ,or criticism either, from other PS members. I‘m consider a purchase there, so any info, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is an old post of mine regarding brilliance.com from 2018. I don't know if they've changed their policy since then but I personally, would NEVER buy from them again, as they burnt me once before.
Be careful with this company. Brilliance.com has a 30 day return policy, but the clock starts ticking the day you ORDERED the ring, not the day you received it. Read the first sentence in the "Returns Process" section from their website, on the screenshot below. I ordered a band from them and they took three and a half weeks to make it and send it to me. I received it on Christmas Eve and was unable to return it in time for a refund just a few days after Christmas when I decided I didn't love it. I assumed "30 day return" meant 30 days from receipt, as is the practice of most decent jewelry merchants. Now, I ALWAYS read the fine print.

upload_2018-10-2_17-25-13.png
I still have the ring from them and I'm highly suspicious that it was not actually 14k gold but only gold plated. I've hardly worn the ring, since I don't like it and yet, the edges have turned a brass-y color. It was supposed to be solid 14k white gold. I know this picture is fuzzy, but it shows the brass-y color I should not be seeing in a 14k white gold ring.

IMG_0626 (2).jpg

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Thank you sooo much for taking the time to LMK about your experience. I had a rather pricey lab pink diamond in my order cart but will now be going back there to delete it. This company claims to be a family owned , 35 y.o. Business. Every review on Trust Pilot was glowing. I was ready to buy but thought Id check with other PSers first…always a good idea!
The sales team member “Chase” assured me that the diamond was in stock but side stepped my question as to whether it was actually in their inventory or somewhere else. Also, he kind of pressured me into buying it right now before it got away. 2 red flags right there! Your response seals it for me. I will just go back and drool over the video( probably altered to look like the Graff Pink) and keep looking. Thanks again Natasha-Cupcake.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This is an old post of mine regarding brilliance.com from 2018. I don't know if they've changed their policy since then but I personally, would NEVER buy from them again, as they burnt me once before.

I still have the ring from them and I'm highly suspicious that it was not actually 14k gold but only gold plated. I've hardly worn the ring, since I don't like it and yet, the edges have turned a brass-y color. It was supposed to be solid 14k white gold. I know this picture is fuzzy, but it shows the brass-y color I should not be seeing in a 14k white gold ring.

IMG_0626 (2).jpg

Looks like they have updated their policy: 30 days from the time it ships from their facility:

Screenshot_20230827-090203-744.png

Irochka000

Rough_Rock
Yes! Ordered lab diamond ring and earrings from Brilliance earlier this year. Absolutely loved working with them. Last week placed an order for a pendant. I highly recommend them.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dejawiz and Irochaka000. I would feel more comfortable with a return that is 30 days from customer receiving the pkg. instead of 30 days from shipping date, since things can be held up in transit for any number of reasons. But it’s nice to hear from someone who was happy with the buying experience and the actual items. Perhaps I’ll go back and look at Brilliance again.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dejawiz and Irochaka000. I would feel more comfortable with a return that is 30 days from customer receiving the pkg. instead of 30 days from shipping date, since things can be held up in transit for any number of reasons. But it’s nice to hear from someone who was happy with the buying experience and the actual items. Perhaps I’ll go back and look at Brilliance again.

You're welcome and good hunting!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Yep, ordered from them twice, everything went as advertised.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Yep, ordered from them twice, everything went as advertised.

Thanks for LMK. I’m going back to look at a couple of Brilliance stones and really appreciate all the input from other PSers.

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
@jeaniefish totally unrelated to the post but I love your profile pic. Here are a couple pieces of art I’ve had since I was a kid. There were bought from Ethan Allen. IMG_8501.jpeg IMG_8500.jpeg

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
@jeaniefish totally unrelated to the post but I love your profile pic. Here are a couple pieces of art I’ve had since I was a kid. There were bought from Ethan Allen. IMG_8501.jpeg IMG_8500.jpeg

Hi SandraLynn,
Thanks. Your pictures are very cute. They look like fish from the same “ school” as my mine!

Toby267

Rough_Rock
I know this is an old thread, but wanted to share my experience with brilliance.com. Back in Dec, 23, I ordered a 3 carat diamond in one of their plain solitiare settings. I was advised of a $100 non refundable upcharge to add a larger basket for the larger stone, which I agreed to. I returned the ring, and then was told via voice mail that the $510 cost of the solitaire setting was non refundable. I disputed this with Visa; my position is that ordering a stock setting is not "custom". As part of their response to my dispute, Brilliance.com told Visa that I failed to return the ring and claimed I was attempting to commit fraud! I provided my UPS shipping documentation, and printed out the order history from Brilliance.com showing that the ring had been returned and accepted , and also showing the partial refund (minus the $510 setting charge). After providing this documentation to Visa, they ruled in my favor. Check out Brilliance.com's rating on Better Business Bureau before doing business with them.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is an old thread, but wanted to share my experience with brilliance.com. Back in Dec, 23, I ordered a 3 carat diamond in one of their plain solitiare settings. I was advised of a $100 non refundable upcharge to add a larger basket for the larger stone, which I agreed to. I returned the ring, and then was told via voice mail that the $510 cost of the solitaire setting was non refundable. I disputed this with Visa; my position is that ordering a stock setting is not "custom". As part of their response to my dispute, Brilliance.com told Visa that I failed to return the ring and claimed I was attempting to commit fraud! I provided my UPS shipping documentation, and printed out the order history from Brilliance.com showing that the ring had been returned and accepted , and also showing the partial refund (minus the $510 setting charge). After providing this documentation to Visa, they ruled in my favor. Check out Brilliance.com's rating on Better Business Bureau before doing business with them.

WOW the audacity. Glad you were able to get your money back.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you so much for posting this. That is absolutely ridiculous. The dishonesty is disgusting. I have been toiling with the idea of purchasing a lab diamond from brilliance and almost pulled the trigger today. The setting would have had a $100 custom fee. I definitely will not be purchasing the setting from them now and will most likely look elsewhere for the diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results