shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought antique cushions from Old World Diamonds?

carrotguy

Rough_Rock
I was just wondering how Old World Diamonds "antique cushions" compare to GOG/LeonMege/ERD?
Are those really "antiques", in the sense that they are not newly cut?
Also, how do they compare in terms of quality, are they GIA/AGS certified or just EGL certified, and does this matter?

Just wanted to get some feedback, because I like that chunky look in cushions,
and just wanted to know how they compare in terms of pricing?

Also, if anyone could also chime in on where is they're preferred place to by the chunky cushions that would be great as well.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Re: Has anyone bought antique cushions from Old World Diamon

carrotguy|1315249124|3010167 said:
I was just wondering how Old World Diamonds "antique cushions" compare to GOG/LeonMege/ERD?
Are those really "antiques", in the sense that they are not newly cut?
Also, how do they compare in terms of quality, are they GIA/AGS certified or just EGL certified, and does this matter?

Just wanted to get some feedback, because I like that chunky look in cushions,
and just wanted to know how they compare in terms of pricing?

Also, if anyone could also chime in on where is they're preferred place to by the chunky cushions that would be great as well.

my understanding is that Old World Diamonds carries older stones and LM/GOG/ERD carry cushions that are cut in the vintage style but are not actually antiques. I think Old World Diamonds are usually EGL but they could probably send to GIA for you. Jewels by Erica Grace is another good source for antique cushions.

prettyshrewdsellers

Rough_Rock
Trade
Re: Has anyone bought antique cushions from Old World Diamon

Bought a pair of OECs from adam at OWD was happy with the price and performance of them.

My general impression he has mostly antiques, Lower colors, variable cut quality but true antiques some very wonky.
You want an antique he can find you one and has more not on the website.
You want a modern cut stone or a vintage style cushion go to the other vendors they have more to offer in newly cut stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results