shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone any idea how much Red Beryl is retailing for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LewisJewelersA2

Rough_Rock
Has anyone any idea how much Red Beryl is retailing for? The piece is 0.50 carats, emerald cut, beautiful color and intense with SI clarity. We have had some discussion on what Red Beryl should be running price per carat but not 100% sure. Any ideas or sources to seek this information out?
Thanks
David Lewis
www.Lewisjewelers.com

widget

Ideal_Rock
CherryPicked has one: Roughly 2ct, for $37,800...
23.gif

(Of course, judging from its inventory #, they''ve had it for a long time. I guess listing and actually selling are two different things..
5.gif
)

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are so few of those, I doubt there is such thing as a relevant average price... even online prices depend as much on who the seller is as on what the stones are like.

Sounds like 2-2.5k to me, but it has been a while since asking around for red Beryl. For the longest time there was more rumor about increased production and what not than red beryl. Any news?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 4:44:27 PM
Author: widget

CherryPicked has one: Roughly 2ct, for $37,800...

(Of course, judging from its inventory #, they''ve had it for a long time.

Long time... well, why am I not surprised?

Anyway - restocking may be a problem, if anyone gets to it
5.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Strange thing, I saw a bunch of it at one dealer at the AGTA Tucson show on Sunday. Didn''t have time to stop and check the price, but I was surprised at some nice larger sizes. Very pretty stones.

nicky newark

Rough_Rock
Hi David- There really is no average retail price for red beryl. I found an eye clean .47 E.C. last year for 1800ct. I purchased this and a few smaller stones. This year I am looking for a 1ct+ stone. One of the mine owners is selling larger stones but the prices are very high[15000ct.+]. From what i see, the few 1\2 ct. stones that Steve Perry has listed for 5000ct. are the best deal out there, if they are still available.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi All,

Clean REAL Red Beryl over 1ct is at least $12,000/ct. Clean 2ct stones are $20,000/ct and over 2cts are almost unheard of. Synthetic Red beryl is easy to make as it is the same as Emerald. That said, most large REAL Red beryl is clarity enhanced. Even directly from the mine owner. They were enhanced the same as Emeralds are enhanced. The owners had alot of larger stones enhanced with Excel. The stone on Cherrypicked doesn''t look that clean and is at the old pricing and probubly not even available anymore. The Wah-Wah mine is closed and prices have risen in the last 2 years.

Regards,
Maurice

nicky newark

Rough_Rock
Hi Maurice- I have quite a few pieces [all under .50ct]. None of the material is clean, some are eye clean including my largest piece. All are natural and non-enhanced. You are right, you need to trust your sources. If you get a chance take a look at the .16 round at wsfgems.com that I just purchased and let me know what you think. I purchased from Scott before and his stones look much better in person. He is also a good source for Benetoite[His father was the former mine owner]. Thanks,

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Nicky,

I had a few .10ct stones but gave them away as presents. I do like Scott''s cutting and have purchased a few stones form him in the past. The .16ct Red Beryl looks cleaner than most I''ve seen. Here is a picture of a .86ct Red Emerald Ring. He has a bigger one in the store but this one is much cleaner.

http://www.arthurgroomandco.com/Gallery/Magnificent/786-10042.htm

Regards,
Maurice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results