shape
carat
color
clarity

Has any had this happen when buying a diamond online?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Roslindale

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever had anything like this happen? About a week ago I found a super buy online; a 2 carat GIA certified, VS2 clarity, J in color, faint fluorescent, loose round diamond, for $2000.00. I thought it was the deal of the century and immediately purchased. The seller sent me an email telling me the diamond was in stock and I’d get a follow up email telling me when the diamond was ready to ship and then I got a second email that day stating the cutter couldn’t find the diamond. The seller is reputable, I’ve seen articles and reviews on Pricescope about him but I found it odd. I wonder has anyone else had something like this happen. I wonder if the diamond was priced wrong and the story was a face saving way of voiding the sale.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 9:10:16 AM
Author:Roslindale
Has anyone ever had anything like this happen? About a week ago I found a super buy online; a 2 carat GIA certified, VS2 clarity, J in color, faint fluorescent, loose round diamond, for $2000.00. I thought it was the deal of the century and immediately purchased. The seller sent me an email telling me the diamond was in stock and I’d get a follow up email telling me when the diamond was ready to ship and then I got a second email that day stating the cutter couldn’t find the diamond. The seller is reputable, I’ve seen articles and reviews on Pricescope about him but I found it odd. I wonder has anyone else had something like this happen. I wonder if the diamond was priced wrong and the story was a face saving way of voiding the sale.
Well, a lot of times the diamonds are not with the vendors; it could be true.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well this is very odd but exactly the same thing happened to a diamond dealer friend of mine, this week, on a diamond with the same stats!!! He was going to buy it for me and like you, thought it was deal of the century. He phoned up to buy it and was told it had been incorrectly priced
7.gif

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
$2000.00? Did the seller forget to put an extra zero before the decimal point?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Um, I''d imagine that sale would have to be voided. That''s a ridiculous price.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
somthing seems fishy, but who knows?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too good to be true...
15.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure it''s a typo; there''s no such thing as a 2 ct J VS stone for $2K, more like $20K, unless it''s a cruddy stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results