shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston pave halo... What about pink micropave diamond band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asforhim

Rough_Rock
Do you think a pink micro pave eternity ring would look nice with my ring? HW can custom make one (for a pretty penny) but if another designer makes them would someone please let me know????

Did the picture post???

IMG_1570.jpg

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. That ring is unbelievably beautiful!

Boom has a pink micropave eternity band from Leon Mege. Linky. As far as micropave craftsmanship goes, Leon's work is about as close to Harry Winston as I've seen on here.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! I think it would look amazing!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be gorgeous. BUT if it''s going to be your wedding band you may want to reconsider because you might tire of the pink down the line. Pink micropave seems to be quite trendy now and IMO you want your wedding band to be timeless.

But if it''s for a stacker band, go for it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 8:09:32 AM
Author: neatfreak
I think it would be gorgeous. BUT if it''s going to be your wedding band you may want to reconsider because you might tire of the pink down the line. Pink micropave seems to be quite trendy now and IMO you want your wedding band to be timeless.

I think pink would be beautiful! How bout two??? One in white diamonds and one in pink? Perfect!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:09:32 AM
Author: neatfreak

ditto NF. I think that a pink band would be gorgeous with your ering though
30.gif
30.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have seen a couple pink diamond eternity bands and they were quite lovely. There are some downsides to consider first. 1. It may be difficult to match the diamonds if the ring needs to be made larger later on. It will not be impossible, but difficlt and somewhat costly. 2. Any little diamond which falls out from wear and tear will be a challenge to match nicely. Yes, it can be done, but not every jeweler can handle this for you. 3. It is a fashionable item today, but fashions do change. I think coloress diamonds are more "forever" when it comes to fashion.

I''d suggest you make an insert style ring. This is really two rings separated by small segments near the bottom of the rings which hold them at a distance from one another. The halo ring drops in between and the halo portion goes over the two bands. What shows are 4 rows of diamonds, one on each side of the two shank shoulders of your halo ring. Use 4 rows of pink diamonds there to enhance the halo ring and all of its diamonds. It is much easier to change the finger size. Fewer diamonds will ever fall out because they are all on top half and somewhat protected by the halo ring. You wear it when you want to wear it and wear a different type of wedding ring when you wish or when the pink color isn''t "right". Because an insert ring is locked in position, the bottom part never turns up to the top so there is no need for diamonds under your finger.

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
I would get two - a diamond and a pink. That way if you get tired of the pink, you still have the diamond. And they would also look gorgeous as a set.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow you have a stunning ring
30.gif
I think the pink ring would be stunning, but like everyone else for a wedding band I think a white diamond band is more classic
2.gif

asforhim

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice all...

Oldminer: Do you have photos of an insert style? I;m having a difficult time visualizing it, but it sounds nice.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know... I love pink... I mean, LOVE pink, and would normally be screaming for you to go with pink here. However, there is just something so exqusitely gorgeous – perfect – about your halo, I''d hate to see anything take away from it''s simple, timeless, magnificent beauty. OM''s excellent point about matching replacement pinks is huge in my mind. That being said, I do like his suggestion of the insert ring in pink for certain occasions. Yet, for most everyday, I can''t help feel that a micropavé band, HW if possible, in matching colorless stones is the way to go. Seems like the obvious choice, and not as "adventurous" perhaps, but, surely, it would take my breath away...

MajorlyChic

Rough_Rock
That ring is beyond gorgeous! I have been stalking the forums for a month now, but this is my first post because I just couldn''t NOT comment on that ring!

I think that going with a standard diamond band is a better long term purchase....Maybe you could get the pink diamond band as a 1 yr anniversary present?!

Would it be possible to shoot some photos of the ring from other angles? I am curious to see how it looks from 360 degrees:)

Goodluck and thanks in advance!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Firstly, let me say that you e-ring is STUNNING. Secondly, I personally would go with a classic white diamond wedding band first. Maybe leave the pink band for later? Such as anniversary? As said above, pink bands are beautiful, but you may tire of it as a wedding band...

asforhim

Rough_Rock
I took a few more pics. Sorry that I''m such a poor photographer. I think I''m going to go with the white diamond eternity band for now.

IMG_1683.jpg

asforhim

Rough_Rock
another

IMG_1684.jpg

asforhim

Rough_Rock
last

IMG_1685.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I agree that white is the way to go. Pink is lovely, but that could be a later addition. The white will always be perfect and classic.

MajorlyChic

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting the additional pictures. It truly is a stunning ring. I''m so impressed that you were smart enough to take your time in selecting the perfect ring....it paid off big time!
30.gif

I think you are making the right choice with the band!

asforhim

Rough_Rock
oops

tink

Rough_Rock
I just found this page and I just wanted to say that your ring is absolutely stunning!

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, I keep coming back to this page to look at your ring. it is simply drop dead gorgeous! Whew! Congrats!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Stephen Russell in NYC has micro bands in plat, yellow and pink and will custom anything. they match Leon quality.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 9:57:07 PM
Author: bgray
Stephen Russell in NYC has micro bands in plat, yellow and pink and will custom anything. they match Leon quality.
What about the price?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i think they are comparable--i have priced platinum and diamonds but not the pink/pink diamonds. Leon is not cheap...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I don't have a recommendation on makers of pink diamond bands (actually, Leon Mege would do it) but I wanted to join the others in congratulating you on your beautiful ring. Thank you for posting these pictures.
1.gif

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am another lover of the color pink, but for a wedding band I would stick to the normal white diamonds. I like the more classic look. Although the pink ring you describe would be a great right hand ring if you were interested in that.

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock
Double ditto NF.

What a beautiful beautiful ring.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring.

I think I''d get two and put one on either side of the ring.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
That''s an incredible ring!!! Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results