shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston Inspired Micropave Halo

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I am looking for the HW inspired micropave halo. My gf has "hinted" that it is what she wants and currently I have a budget of approximately $10,000. I have been trying to contact Maytal Hannah to duplicate Charmypoo's ring but he wont answer my email or phone... maybe she doesn't like me... my attempt to contact Steven Kircsh has also failed... Does anyone know where I can get a similar ring to the HW halo style? I am looking for approximately 1.5 carats + VS2 + and I+ color. My budget is SLIGHTLY flexible. Please advise a good jeweler and how I can contact him/her to fulfill my needs. Thank you and consider this my introduction to PS!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what type of stone are you looking for as a center stone? honestly I think 10,000 is a bit low on budget to get 1.5 carat and halo setting.

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
slg47|1304377578|2910499 said:
what type of stone are you looking for as a center stone? honestly I think 10,000 is a bit low on budget to get 1.5 carat and halo setting.
I am looking for a cushion cut just like the HW one. I have been searching online and found these so far. I estimated 2-3k for the setting. Is that too low? Obviously I am looking for a deal here.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut-loose-diamond-2624175.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut-loose-diamond-2605622.htm
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VVS2-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1361877.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1281498.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1375821.asp

The second WF link puts me a little over the top but the rest seem to be within the budget. I actually like JA, their prices seem much more competitive and I confirmed on their chat I can get ASETs for the diamonds. Does any of these jump out at you or do you have any other suggestions? Please post replies so I can ask them to send the ASET pictures to me.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the setting will probably be 3-4k, or possibly more. if you are interested in Steven Kirsch I would call him, other posters have reported that he is better on the phone than by e-mail. I think the WF cushions-not enough info as they are virtual selection. I don't particularly like any of the JA ones you posted, although out of the three the second one is my favorite.

you might want to try calling ERD, they sourced Charmypoo's modern cushion and can maybe find you something similar.

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
Who is ERD and who does he work for? (Not to be confused with who does number 2 work for) :rodent:

I think I can handle 3-4k... sounds like around $11k total... btw does anyone know how much Charmypoo's ring cost? Stone and setting?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't think knowing the price of Charmypoo's ring would help since diamond prices have increased dramatically.

ERD is engagement rings direct, you could also try GOG (good old gold)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call Steven. Forget email. I highly recommend him. But depending on how big a center you want the setting is gonna set you back some.

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
HI there.. I don't really post here anymore but was just having a peek today and saw your post. I had my HW Halo made by JBEG (Jewels by Erica Grace) If you do a google search or a search on here you will find them. They call that setting the Kylie halo and its GORGEOUS. Prices and photos are on their website and they are gorgeous to deal with and very knowledgeable. Good luck :twirl:

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
Couldnt really find what I wanted on ERD but heres a qualifying item on GOG:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8130/

However, I still find JA to be a little more competitive in price. I wonder if I can get the ASETs from their diamonds, do you think that would be more advisable? My main problem currently is contacting Maytal Hannah or Steven Kirsch to make it for me. They aren't responding to my calls... I will try again tomorrow but I work during the day and only have an hr window during lunch to call them.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
The second JA stone looks like it can be nice. The GOG looks pretty good too.

In terms of why JA may be slightly cheaper - I guess they must operate on slightly lower margins, work on volume and their upgrade policy is not as good as WF and GOG.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Marshalls|1304380516|2910550 said:
Couldnt really find what I wanted on ERD but heres a qualifying item on GOG:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8130/

However, I still find JA to be a little more competitive in price. I wonder if I can get the ASETs from their diamonds, do you think that would be more advisable? My main problem currently is contacting Maytal Hannah or Steven Kirsch to make it for me. They aren't responding to my calls... I will try again tomorrow but I work during the day and only have an hr window during lunch to call them.

you can but I didn't see any that were worth getting ASETs from. I would contact some vendors so they can call in some diamonds for you to look at either with pics or video.

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
Everyone picked the second JA stone. I dont understand why no one picked the first JA diamond of VVS1? Is it because it looks black in the upper left corner? I dont understand why some look black/darker and have shades while some look white and pale? I do like the second JA as well, the X reminds me of Xmen...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always reached Maytal by email. She is busy and it may take a few days for her to reply. She might be out of town as well.

The Good Old Gold stone looks about the right shape for what you want, but you'll be adding probably $4000 or so for that kind of setting if you have it custom made.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Marshalls|1304381483|2910574 said:
Everyone picked the second JA stone. I dont understand why no one picked the first JA diamond of VVS1? Is it because it looks black in the upper left corner? I dont understand why some look black/darker and have shades while some look white and pale? I do like the second JA as well, the X reminds me of Xmen...

to the naked eye there will be no difference between VS2 and VVS1. The first diamond looks really dark to me.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
2 nice ones I think worth checking out:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS1-Premium-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1363209.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Cushion-Diamond-1324964.asp

You can have the gemologist at JA check look at a few stones for you.... :))

eta: You should also contact Mark at Engagement Rings Direct. He is great to work with, and he knows his cushions. Also, they make gorgeous settings there. My FSIL has a HW- inspired halo from him that she got around Christmas-time that is just stunning. But with that setting, you are going to spend around 3-3500K. :blackeye:

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
These do look good but what what do you mean the first JA link look really dark? Is the pavilion too deep? What is causing the problem?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That stone may be worth checking out, but I would also not want to pay for VVS2 clarity- unless that's very important to you. Stick with VS1/VS2, and you will be fine, but it wont be overkill, especially when on a budget. :))

cardinal74

Rough_Rock
A Steven Kirsch halo will be close to $5k if you want platinum.

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
I dont know what Steven Kirsch halo is but I want the HW halo replica. I dont care who does it but it has to be nice looking like Charmypoo's. Thats all- and yes, its going to be platnium. $5k just on the halo itself is a little excessive imo. I was expecting $3-4. However, if it really takes that much to get the HW inspired micropave, I will consider it.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Marshalls|1304382809|2910609 said:
I dont know what Steven Kirsch halo is but I want the HW halo replica. I dont care who does it but it has to be nice looking like Charmypoo's. Thats all- and yes, its going to be platnium. $5k just on the halo itself is a little excessive imo. I was expecting $3-4. However, if it really takes that much to get the HW inspired micropave, I will consider it.

steven kirsch makes a HW halo replica. I believe the price is 4-5k. You can get a cast ring (not handmade) for less, but it will be less delicate.

some options (not handmade)
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5493
http://engagementringsdirect.com/DiamondJewelryDetails.aspx?ID=2

also check out the Kylie halo by JbEG posted earlier by CushionNovice

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
I do want a custom made ring. Do you know if Maytal Hannah does a better or equivilent job as Steven Kirsch?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marshalls|1304387967|2910701 said:
I do want a custom made ring. Do you know if Maytal Hannah does a better or equivilent job as Steven Kirsch?

I hope charmypoo chimes in b/c she has rings made by both designers. I like Maytals work but if I were getting HW replica and could swing it financially I'd probably go with Steven. I've not seen either of their rings in person though, just going by what I've seen in the micro photo's taken by other pricescopers.

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
Do you think I can get a better deal if I have Maytal or Steven look for the ring for me and buy from them or do you think I can get a better deal from buying on JA and then having them make the setting?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Marshalls|1304387967|2910701 said:

the other rings will be custom made to fit your center stone but will not be handmade. I think the pave ring is more Steven Kirsch's style, so I would choose him for a HW inspired pave halo.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marshalls|1304389301|2910729 said:
Do you think I can get a better deal if I have Maytal or Steven look for the ring for me and buy from them or do you think I can get a better deal from buying on JA and then having them make the setting?

a JA setting isn't going to be an apples to apples comparison to a Steven ring. I love a good deal and you are already ahead of the game by finding PS and being willing/able to buy your stone online over many brick and mortar or mall stores. Steven or Maytal do amazing work for their price point so even though 4k is a lot for a setting there is truth to getting what you pay for, especially when it comes to the quality of pave.

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I meant them as in Steven/Maytal. Choice A: Ask Steven/Maytal to make the setting AND buy the diamond for me. Choice B: Buy the diamond from JA and ask Steven/Maytal make the setting.

Which will save more money? What are the pro/cons of each?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would ask them about sourcing a stone and see what they come up with?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marshalls|1304391364|2910770 said:
Sorry, I meant them as in Steven/Maytal. Choice A: Ask Steven/Maytal to make the setting AND buy the diamond for me. Choice B: Buy the diamond from JA and ask Steven/Maytal make the setting.

Which will save more money? What are the pro/cons of each?

I've never heard of maytal sourcing stones or Steven for that matter. I'd probably opt to finding the stone yourself and then having Steven/Maytal set it. I'd probably go with Mark T at engagementringsdirect for the cushion though. He's right in the diamond district of NY and is known to have an eye for cushions. I'd let him know what you are looking for and give him your budget and let him do his thing. He just has access to so many stones and is able to easily eyeball them without you having to pay to have stones called in etc. And if you chose Steven for your setting Mark can probably pretty much just walk across the street and give him your stone. No added shipping and insurance there either.

Marshalls

Rough_Rock
What I want is to put my trust in the ring crafter because I want him to ensure me this ring will shine. (Though this is probably a VERY UNLIKELY scenario) but I am slightly worried that if something goes wrong or the ring isnt bright/sparkly, I dont want Steven to tell me its because the diamond was chosen incorrectly and when I ask Mark, he would tell me its because the setting wasn't done right. Again, a very unlikely situation but its just something that could happen. Outside of that, I will contact Mark and Steven tomorrow and inquire their prices. Additionally, I believe JA has an office in the diamond district too. So should I buy a ring from them, this whole walk across the street thing might work out just as well... I will update you guys more tomorrow! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Charmy might actually be selling her ring by Maytal. With the center stone. At least I know she was considering it.

Maybe if she consigns through Pearlmans or JBEG a match between seller and buyer could be made. Just a thought.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results