shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston & Graff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
What is the markup on these rings compared to let''s say a moderna, bluenile or other online vendor?

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Do a search on the forum on Harry Winston.
As I recall there were a few threads discussin this topic (HW markup) in the past.

As I understand, their mark-up is even higher than Tiffany''s. However, by how much, I don''t know.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard Q... because the answer depends on what you are looking for. As a rule of thumb, the lower the total cost of something, the higher the respective markup as a percetage.

There was some discussion about Tiffany's 1 ct or so classic e-rings. You may find older threads and see how the chat evolved (quotes are posted here and there as well). As far as I remember, the consensus decided on 40% markup or so compared to the best of the best elsewhere (ideal cut, H&A diamonds and some comparably well made setting). It is much easier to decide with a quote in hand how much someone's stamp of approval is worth. This is just for a reasonably simple design for a diamond solitaire... what do you have in mind ?

bluepetal

Rough_Rock
A 5 carat round,cushion or asscher all E VS2. I am upgrading my engagement ring.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2004 1108 AM
Author: bluepetal
A 5 carat round,cushion or asscher all E VS2. I am upgrading my engagement ring.
Not that there are that many directly matching refferences ;-) there were a couple of relatively similar purchases around here (that I remember of, no index), but none from a brand.

Hope someone knows more.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
[/quote]

In my personal opinion, they are a far classier operation than Tiff & Co.

I''ve had nothing but great experiences in HW. Great staff, gorgeous diamonds. I think they actually have a little better pricing than T&C.

I am just not a fan of T&C at all... their staff is never been consistently courteous they way HW''s is.

And I personally do not think their diamonds are ''the best''.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you can really compare HW & Graff to something like a Blue Nile. That''s like wondering what the markup of a Bentley is in comparison to a Honda.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
If you are going to HW''s in NYC, just one block away on the corner is Van Cleef and Arpels. They are more expensive then Tiff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results