shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston 1ct e-ring - feedback/advice please

LateApex

Rough_Rock
As a relatively new reader, I wanted to thank everyone right up front for their knowledge, participation, and enthusiasm on this board. This is a big purchase for me - having found PriceScope I can move forward with much more confidence in the investment.

I feel like a Harry Winston engagement ring would offer the uniqueness I am looking for, even though I know I could get a ring that either grades better, or is significantly lower in price for an equally graded GIA certified ring. Here are the options I have lined up and I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK and ADVICE:

1ct cushion cut solitaire, G VS2 @ $12,200

or

1ct round G VS2 @ $14,200

The cushion maxes out my budget already, but I feel the round is more timeless and is what I really like better. Not sure yet what my girlfriend would like best, but I think she would be thrilled with either.

1. Please share any comments you have on the pricing
2. If I stretched, would the round ring be worth it?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well you know you can get a bigger ring same quality for the price so I won't tell you that. but I will say that if you can see them in person you should get the one that 'speaks' to you the most. congratulations!

Gibson486

Rough_Rock
If you want a Harry Winston, then get one. You have to pay to get designer stuff as you are seeing now. That said, there are plenty of people out there who are not afraid to copy a design. Just saying....There is no reason to stretch your budget when you do not need to.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
I will go to round. 1ct cushion will be smaller unless with halo.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
The round would look larger. Please come back with the pictures, as I am sure it will be spectacular!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It pains me to see someone spend double what they need on a simple solitaire, at least get one of his signature settings man!

That aside, go see them in person and pick the one you like the look of best.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1304008332|2907081 said:
It pains me to see someone spend double what they need on a simple solitaire, at least get one of his signature settings man!

That aside, go see them in person and pick the one you like the look of best.

I completely agree with Dreamer- if you're going to get Harry Winston, get something that SCREAMS Harry Winston! Also, I love both cushions and rounds (it was a toss up for me too), but I chose the round because I thought it would look bigger and I thought it was classic. But the cushion appealed to be because it has a very vintage feel to it.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
if you must go with them... round.

LateApex

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think about the pricing? I have worked them over pretty hard to get it down that "low". Is that as good as I am going to do on a HW 1ct ring? I feel it's pretty aggressive, but would appreciate the community's feedback.

Believe me, I would love a more elaborate ring, but I went into this with a $10k budget. $12k for the cushion is pushing it.

Maybe a better way to ask for feedback is:

1. Do you feel this is the best/right price for HW 1ct rings?

-and-

2. For $12k-ish, is there a different HW e-ring I should consider?

Thanks again!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock
I too was also very much attracted to the designs of Harry Winston but ended up buying the diamond seperately and having it set by Leon Mege in a classic double claw prong cathedral solitaire set as low as possible. Not going through HW I was able to get a MUCH larger stone with the same budget. (H VS2)

If I were you and was looking for a 1ct solitaire I would go with round for sure as it will look bigger and will have more brilliance(unless you get an AVC). I believe Harry Winston only has crushed ice cushions which are not as desirable, especially on this forum.

Lastly, however, I have to disagree with the above posters in that I think that the HW solitaire IS one of HW's signature pieces, maybe just not one of the most popular. HW was first to create rings with the double claw prongs which in my opinion is the NUMBER 1 signature detail for the jewelry house. (Other, more popular signature pieces include the three stone baguette look and the micropave ring)

Good Luck and think long and hard if you would rather have the brand name or a larger stone!!

As a side note, I think for a 1 ct ring, the micropave ring would be a better choice. This is obviously just an opinion, but I think that a solitaire looks better with larger stones in general. A 1ct halo Micropave ring will have the appearance of a much larger ring overall.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Do you feel this is the best/right price for HW 1ct rings? Probably, places like that don't tent to bargain

-and-

2. For $12k-ish, is there a different HW e-ring I should consider?I don't know what their prices are like, can you ask them? I would probably get a smaller stone in one of their signature settings, like the cushion halo, since it would be more recognizable as a HW and the overall size of the ring would more than account for any decrease in ct weight

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock
HW London quoted 20k for 1 CT micropave cushion recently!

diamondloveaffair

Shiny_Rock
go with the cushion. Price is a concern for you and you already mentioned that the cushion is at your limit. There's no point breaking the bank with an additional 16-17% more for the round.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to see you get something worth so much less for such a big price...

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
This thread is over 2 years old..

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh duh!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results