shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Potter Comes Out Tommorow!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I forgot, the ONE thing I''d been waiting for: Pigwidgeon (or how ever you spell that) the little owl Ron got when his rat went human. Was that the last movie it was supposed to be in?

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''m super late on this thread, but I have to add my .02.

It sucked. Big time. I didn''t know this thread was started, so I started my own, but let me copy here what I wrote:

Okay, I know I''m not the only Harry Potter fan out there, and I don''t know if there was another thread started about the latest HP movie, but I just have to vent...

SPOILER WARNING!!!

I just watched the latest installment of the HP series this past weekend. I thought the Prisoner of Azkaban was a bad adaptation, but this was MUCH worse. They left out Dobby and Winky, house elves that play a big part in the book. They left out the creatures out of the maze and added Devil''s Snare instead? They had Neville Longbottom give Harry the gillyweed rather than Dobby.

ARGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! It drove me NUTS when I watched the movie. Much of the charm of the book was gone. The screenwriters left out so much of the magical stuff that it wasn''t even that much fun to watch anymore. And I don''t like the guy that they cast to play Dumbledore, Richard Harris was soooo much better. The replacement, IMO, should have been Sir Ian McKellan (sp?). The Dumbledore in the book is a soft spoken, good humored wizard. The one in the movie yells at everyone and never finds anything funny.

There are so many other things that are wrong with the movie that I can''t even begin to describe them. They left out Hagrid''s origins, that he was a half giant. They downplayed Rita Skeeter''s role in giving Harry a hard time. In fact, the screenwriters basically wrote everyone out of the script besides Harry, Ron and Hermione. How could JK Rowling agree to such a bare bones script?!?!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
LOL.. Cinderella... That''s funny.

To each his own opinion though..

I have heard many people complain of this... the logic being that it was IMPOSSIBLE to add ALL the information into the book. I have read tehe books and I LOVE them!! I LOVE THE MOVIES.. as they are for entertainment value.. no one jipped you personally. Books usually are better than the movie and hard core readers will always have a gripe of they think that ''their favorite part'' has been left out of the movie. But once again.. the logic.

I asked my daughter about this (she is a hardcore reader and fan) and she said she loved the movie.. that real Harry Potter fans will want to read the book again and those that have never read the book will be inspired to do so by watching the movie. Bravo for her, I say. She said that she thinks that the movie is for your eyes and senses and the book is for your imagination and your brain.. this is why both the movie and the book was so awesome...

Perhaps people should watch these movies as CHILDREN... it will be a new perspective I believe.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2005 3:20:00 PM
Author: MINE!!
LOL.. Cinderella... That''s funny.

To each his own opinion though..

I have heard many people complain of this... the logic being that it was IMPOSSIBLE to add ALL the information into the book. I have read tehe books and I LOVE them!! I LOVE THE MOVIES.. as they are for entertainment value.. no one jipped you personally. Books usually are better than the movie and hard core readers will always have a gripe of they think that ''their favorite part'' has been left out of the movie. But once again.. the logic.

I asked my daughter about this (she is a hardcore reader and fan) and she said she loved the movie.. that real Harry Potter fans will want to read the book again and those that have never read the book will be inspired to do so by watching the movie. Bravo for her, I say. She said that she thinks that the movie is for your eyes and senses and the book is for your imagination and your brain.. this is why both the movie and the book was so awesome...

Perhaps people should watch these movies as CHILDREN... it will be a new perspective I believe.
I totally agree MINE. Though in a lot of ways I prefer the books, I completely love the movies too! It just is not logistically possible to include everything from the books, so they have to keep the things that are the MOST important to the story line. Unfortunately, this cuts a lot of endearing details from the books. Of course, I wouldn''t really complain either if they made the movies 4 hours long to get more in
9.gif

So, I''m rereading the 4th book now, post-movie so I can add all of the little details back into the incredible graphics.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I''ve read all the books, and I have to say that I absolutely LOVED the movie. I actually liked this one better than previous ones. It may not have stuck to the book, but I didn''t care. I went in there to enjoy the movie for it''s own sake. I think the movie was complete in itself, and that was what was important to me. I really can''t name many movies where I think the movie did a great job of following the book and coming off the same as the book. But movies are movies and books are books. This Harry Potter just had me on the edge of my seat, and that''s how I know I really liked it (I find I have a tendancy to get easily bored in the movie theatre).

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I read the book a long time ago and forgot most of it by the time we saw the movie, so it made for a great adventure for me!! I had nothing (or relatively little) to compare it too.

DH & I started making hypothesis about book #7....any takers??? Let''s start predicting!!! Here''s mine:

I think that Voldemort and Harry Potter are going to have the ultimate bout without the aid of Harry''s parents. Ultimately, Voldemort IS Harry Potter, especially that Voldemort leave part of himself in Harry via the scar and now Harry''s blood runs through Voldemort''s veins. the two of them will become one, leading to the ultimate good vs. evil not only physically, but emotionally and internally...

What do others think???

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 1:12:07 AM
Author: AChiOAlumna
I read the book a long time ago and forgot most of it by the time we saw the movie, so it made for a great adventure for me!! I had nothing (or relatively little) to compare it too.

DH & I started making hypothesis about book #7....any takers??? Let''s start predicting!!! Here''s mine:

I think that Voldemort and Harry Potter are going to have the ultimate bout without the aid of Harry''s parents. Ultimately, Voldemort IS Harry Potter, especially that Voldemort leave part of himself in Harry via the scar and now Harry''s blood runs through Voldemort''s veins. the two of them will become one, leading to the ultimate good vs. evil not only physically, but emotionally and internally...

What do others think???
LOL...you''re too funny! Did I ever mention how much I love PS? Fellow Harry Potter and diamond fans! I actually was thinking along those lines too, but not that they''re going to become the same person. I think that Voldemort may be very distantly related to Harry Potter; i.e. born on the wrong side of the blanket or something. That would explain the physical resemblance between them, before Voldemort became evil and morphed into something ugly. Perhaps Voldemort was a cousin of James Potter, which is why Voldemort was so intent on killing the Potters.

Any other theories out there?

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I''m jealous.... no movie theaters in Saudi Arabia. We''ll have to wait until it hits Bahrain or when it comes out on DVD.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Harry scar is Volde''s last horocrux created by accident.

I loved the movie because it made sense out of the ending. I always have trouble picturing the endings in the books. I usually have to wait and listen to the explaination that Dumbeldore gives.

But, I must agree that I did not like the actor playing Dumbledore.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Harry who? never heard of him.

but seriously, never mind HP. Has anyone out there seen the chronicles of Narna (the lion the witch and the wardrobe)

Went to see it last weekend...OMG it was fantastic and so true to the book.

Anyone out there seen it?

Dyanne (england,uk)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You think so? I know he was going to use Harry but then changed his mind to Nageni the snake. I cannot remember reading that/hearing it in any of the books. Clever thought though...would be a neat twist for the final book makes sense with the prophecy. I cannot wait to read the last book, but at the same time I am sort of sad that there will be only one more.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I loved the GoF movie, and after HATING PoA, I was very glad that GoF was good. For once Ron''s character wasn''t butchered...
2.gif
I think the teenagers have improved a lot in their acting. Some things did bug me (first task is too long, Hermione''s frilly dress
14.gif
, Krum is out of character), but I didn''t mind them leaving out the house elves. They had to make choices and taking out the whole SPEW thing didn''t hurt the story that much IMO. And Cedric is HOTT!
3.gif
Dumbledore really bothered me. He was extremely out of character as well and I don''t like AT ALL how Sir Gambon plays him. Manhandling Harry? I think not.

As for Book 7 theories, I''m staying away from them! I''m not a fan of the Harry or Ginny being Horcruxes theories, but with JKR, you never know!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 1:14:12 PM
Author: anchor31
As for Book 7 theories, I''m staying away from them! I''m not a fan of the Harry or Ginny being Horcruxes theories, but with JKR, you never know!

Okay...sorry if I offend TRUE HP fans, but what is this horcrux theory????
40.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 1:23:02 PM

As for Book 7 theories, I'm staying away from them! I'm not a fan of the Harry or Ginny being Horcruxes theories, but with JKR, you never know!

40.gif
Achio, a Horcrux is something that Voldemort hid a part of his soul in. A wizard "must commit the ultimate act of evil" in order to perform this spell, in this case, committing murder. Once murder has been committed, then the wizard can split his soul in two and hid part of his soul in another object. Matator, Dumbledore had a theory that one of Voldemort's horcruxes is indeed Nagini, but he isn't quite sure because it's rather risky to place the soul into another living creature.

So, in order for Voldemort to be killed, Harry must find all the Horcruxes and destroy them first. I believe that in book 6, Dumbledore had already found one.

F&I: interesting theory. That never occurred to me at all.

Can you tell I'm a major HP fan?

ETA: Oh, and Voldemort has seven Horcruxes, of which one was destroyed by Dumbledore.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Cinderella...thanks SO much for that clarification!!!!
1.gif

That being said, maybe not that HP and Hermoine IS a horcrux, but that Voldemort believes that they are Horcruxes???? So that increases the level of danger?!?!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 2:17:24 PM
Cinderella...thanks SO much for that clarification!!!!
1.gif

That being said, maybe not that HP and Hermoine IS a horcrux, but that Voldemort believes that they are Horcruxes???? So that increases the level of danger?!?!
You''re welcome, Achio!

No, Voldemort knows exactly what his Horcruxes are because he chose them and hid them well. I think it increases the level of danger for Harry because he needs to be able to find all the Horcruxes before going after Voldemort himself. At the end of book 6, Dumbledore had taken Harry to search for another Horcrux of Voldemort''s, and they had to go through a series of traps that left Dumbledore severely weakened. Can''t say anymore here, just in case some people haven''t read the book yet...
1.gif
BUT if anyone wants me to expound and doesn''t mind me revealing endings and story lines and such, let me know and I''ll be happy to expound!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
But, I don''t think they found the true horcrux. I think the locket lies with Creature in the black house. In OOP, they made a big deal about Creatures theiving of Black items - and make mention of an old locket.

I can''t wait for the final installment - I NEED to find all the mysteries out!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 2:11:37 PM
Author: Cinderella

Date: 12/13/2005 1:23:02 PM

40.gif
, Dumbledore had a theory that one of Voldemort''s horcruxes is indeed Nagini, but he isn''t quite sure because it''s rather risky to place the soul into another living creature.
Yes, but I think DD was pointing out that not much is known about this ancient "spell/curse" except for the fact that it is risky. And, Volde performed it 7x! Seems like something could easily go arwy.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Oh....I''ve got such a headache now!!! I''ve been surfing websites to learn about horcruxes and theories of the 7th book and I haven''t even read books 5 & 6!!!! I think I need to go back and read them now....
33.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I must say that I don''t like this Dumbledore either, and he was so different from the last time he played DD (Michael Gambon), that I had to look up the cast for all the movies. I was shocked to learn he played the same part in PoA. I still miss Richard Harris. It was such a shame to lose him. He really made the part.
7.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Do any of ya''ll think Harry is a metamorphmargis (sp)? In the first book before Harry finds out he is a wizard it talks about him growing his hair back when he was distressed about school the following day. Then he asks Tonks about it in the 5th book. Just wondering....
I think Percy will die in the last one to save someone in his family to redeem himself.
I also think Voldemort will attack at Bill and Fluere''s wedding since they made such a fuss about it.
I want to read the book NOW...I wish there were going to be more then 7.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results