shape
carat
color
clarity

Harmful

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
I use peroxide to clean my jewelry. Will this harm the stones, or gold in any way?
It seems to do a good job on the stuff that gets behind the stone as it "bubbles" it out.
Thx
errrr.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have become hooked on windex and a toothbrush, my diamond is sparkly and smells clean too..ha ha. Windex has some ammonia in it which is what is recommended to use (sudsy or gentle ammonia) to clean diamonds. Not sure about the metals but since my ring is all stones and relatively little visible metal I'm not worried.

Or 1 part Mr. Clean to 3 parts water is said to work very well also, recommended by many jewelers and I even think Rich agreed at some point so it MUST be true!
3.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Well at least I know that some of those products you listed are harsher than my peroxide. So I guess I won't worry about it. Peroxide to get behind the stone, and windex to shine it.
Thanks!
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results