shape
carat
color
clarity

Harleigh''s Wedding Update...only 13 days to go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I saw the summer bride check-in, and realized I haven''t given an update in a long time, and this is going to take awhile, so I thought I''d start an update of my own stuff.

So, only 13 days to go for me, and we leave for Maui in 8. Sorry I haven''t been able to post much here on PS with all of you, but I''ve been trying to move out of my house using my tiny little Mustang convertible, and since the rest of the stuff isn''t packed at the house, it''s been slow going. (Not to mention that when it''s 107 degrees outside, my upstairs is reaching almost 100 degrees, and it is horrible!) I''ve decided that moving is slowly taking over my life and away from my enjoyment and anticipation of our upcoming nuptials, so I''ve decided to just do what I can in the next week and then let it go until after we get back. It''s packing up little stuff, emptying closets, patching walls and painting and then the final cleaning, but I had to make the decision in my mind that I just will not have the place ready to rent out by August 1st since we don''t return until that day, and then I start back to school the following week, so I just can''t worry so much about it. I figure I''ll go over each day after work for a bit since the house is closer to my school than Rusty''s house is...think of the gas I''ll be saving doing it that way!
32.gif

Also, Rusty''s computer freezes up every 10 seconds, so I hate to use it, and when he''s actually home and not working overtime, I feel guilty being on the computer all the time, so I''ve been trying to spend as much time with him as I can when he is home...this cohabitating thing is hard when you''ve never done it before, but it sure is cutting into my PS time!
14.gif

So, my due to the frustration caused by my lack of being able to communicate with you all, I got the ingenius idea to actually PLUG IN my new laptop I bought myself for my birthday (it''s this Friday...perfect timing for the trip, no?
31.gif
) and actually hooked it up to his internet cable the moment he walked out the door this morning...he''s working for the next three days, so I should hopefully be able to communicate from now till then! Why I didn''t think of this before, I''ll never know...I''m planning to go wireless with this laptop, which I can do from my house but not here at Rusty''s, so that''s what I was waiting for, I guess, and I just couldn''t see signing up for a wireless plan when we''ll be gone until August!

Both bridal showers were lovely...my best friends put on a completely lavish affair that was to die for. 5 of us then went out country dancing for my "Bachelorette" party that same evening and we had a blast! We were all pooped because we had moved all of my furniture and large stuff 2 days before, and let me tell you, 3 of them pitched in like crazy, and I could not ask for a better group of friends than these special gals. They loved their monogrammed bags full of goodies (I can''t remember everything, but there were, amongst other things, an extra monogrammed tote since the embroiderer messed the font up the first time, fuchsia rhinestone flip-flops, a picture frame to put a pic of us in after the wedding, makeup and lotions, fingernail polish, a cloisonne purse holder, a sleep mask and spa kit and a fuchsia shawl to wear after the wedding if it gets cold by the water and some personalized note cards for each girl.) I also got each of them a fuchsia photo album that says "Girl''s Night Out" on it to put Bachelorette pictures in...they thought they were really cute! I will also be giving them the DBTY sterling jewelry in a silver monogrammed jewelry box when we get there.

The shower with Rusty''s family was wonderful...I am so fortunate to be marrying into such a warm and loving family...I can''t wait to be a part of it!

Enough of all that...here''s a wedding update:

Unfortunately, our event coordinator for the dinner reception went on maternity leave early and did not tell me until the day before she left, which was the day before the 4th of July holiday, and that was only because I contacted her about squaring everything away and making sure all was being taken care of. She assured me the chef would be taking care of everything, but I reminded her that he had already let me know he would be here in California at Infinion Raceway at the races that day, so, it appears they have no idea who will be taking care of my wedding dinner!
29.gif
I am trying not to have a panic attack about this one right about now! Also, no luck with the salon there at the hotel, so I''m going to go check it out when we get there and see what I can find out. If worse comes to worse, I''ll try to do my own hair and throw the ebay veil on top...it makes a great frizz cover! I have to let these two things go and just pray for the best, I think!

The Welcome Dinner is set up and ready to go...they don''t have the best reviews online, but they are by far the friendliest and most responsive restaurant that I''ve had contact with in Maui that Rusty''s parents can afford, and they''re the oldest restaurant on the island, which they started the year I was born, so I''m taking that as a sign from above that it''s meant to be and am running with that one and hope it is just superb! As Rusty''s mom says, how badly can they screw up Italian food, and if worse comes to worse, we''ll take everyone to McDonald''s for dinner afterwards if it''s really bad!
3.gif

Both my mom and Rusty''s mom have changed their dresses without telling me...my FMIL''s is actually very pretty, but it is the identical color of the one my mom had, so my mom went out and bought a BEIGE dress...it is hideous and will wash her out even more than she already is. Did I mention this dress goes with nothing in my wedding??? I love my mother, but she has seriously been a thorn in my side from day one of planning this wedding...my goal is to stay away from her on the wedding day until AFTER the ceremony is over. That''s the only way she can''t ruin my day by saying something unkind or by being just plain mean...my girls and FMIL have been coached on the drill to keep her from driving me insane! On a side note, she can no longer find her wedding shoes I bought her...she thinks she donated them to Goodwill. Does it get any better than this, I ask you?
2.gif
I will just grin and bear whatever she shows up in...at least she''s coming, right?

Some fantastic news: We just got our outgoing flights changed back to their original times...with all of the airline closures we weren''t going to be getting into Maui on the 17th until almost 8 PM, which wasted a whole day just getting there...argh! Rusty called and sweet-talked some lady into our original flight arriving around 1 PM that day, so now we can go to Costco and Wal-Mart and get our toiletries and the rest of the Welcome Bag stuff and put everything together that day instead of all through the night! Woo hoo!

Just a reminder as to my attire, I am wearing the same dress that Neatfreak wore last year, the Casablanca 1831 in ivory with the sparkly bead detailing, and yes, I am wearing the bright fuchsia shoes I found on Zappos! I haven''t told anyone going about the funky shoes as I want everyone to be surprised...especially my mother!
3.gif
I got the dress hemmed and the straps taken up, so it fits perfectly now! My wedding colors are fuchsia and celery green.

The florist said the bouquets I chose don''t fit into the $150 budget per bridesmaid bouquet...huh? I thought orchids were island flowers, therefore more reasonably priced??? My bouquet is $175 dollars, and I think it should have dollar bills coming off of it for that price! I have no idea what I''ll end up with...not sure I care at this point! I have tried to work this out with the wedding coordinator, but I have just given up on this one...whatever I get will be fine and will have to suffice the day of.

Also, our photographer bailed and another has stepped in...not sure how I feel about that, either...guess we''ll just wait and see!

Harpist is still confirmed, and since we couldn''t make up our minds on music, we are having him play island music while people are being seated and then pretty much left the rest to him...again, not sure how much I care at this late date! It will all be beautiful, right?

So far, here is our plan of events scheduled while we''re in Maui:

7/17-Arrive in Maui, go shopping for toiletries and food, put welcome bags together, decompress a bit and revel in the fact that we''re in MAUI finally!

7/18-Sign Marriage License, take dress to formal shop to be pressed after CRAMMING it into a tiny carry-on as they won''t let me take the garment bag on as-is
39.gif

7/19-Pick up dress and take to best friend''s hotel room, hopefully! Dinner Cruise (Rusty likes to call this the "Booze Cruise" as it is the only one with an open bar...uh oh!) Pass out Welcome Bags to all of the guests joining us on the cruise...most everyone but our families will be here and going on this with us, and since the Welcome Dinner is so late, I''d rather get them out ASAP!

7/20-Ziplining at the butt-*ss crack of dawn-my best friend is surprising her BF with this trip & we get to go along, too! I''ve never been on anything like this, so I am really looking forward to it!

7/21-Welcome Dinner-Pass out Bridal Party gifts and remaining Welcome Bags

7/22-WEDDING DAY! We''re getting married at the Ka''anapali Beach Club in the gardens. Still looking into scheduling massages and maybe a hair trial with someone at the hotel. I went to Bare Escentuals and had a makeover done, so I''ve been practicing with that the past two weeks...not sure how I''m doing on all that, though...I am horrible at applying makeup!

7/23-My best friend''s BF is going to PROPOSE to her this evening...I''ve helped him pick out a 3-stone princess from Whiteflash-a .96 G VS2 center with .25 sides...I''m so excited that we''ve managed to pull this off w/out her finding out...I can''t wait!
10.gif
We will relax and enjoy being married and pretend to be surprised by her big news!
31.gif
(I get to hold onto her ring while they hold onto my wedding dress...this way, she can''t find the ring and Rusty can''t see the dress! A perfect plan, no?)

7/24-Move to hotel in Ma''alea for the following week. Luau where my best friend can show off her new beauty! How sweet is it of him to wait until after our wedding, I ask you???
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

7/25-Guests start going home and we relax for a bit!

7/26 & 7/27-Absolutely NOTHING planned...woot woot!

7/28-Warren and Annabelle''s Comedy Club-Royal Flush Package-this is supposed to be a hoot and we were told a not-to-miss activity while in Maui

7/29-7/30-maybe some snorkeling, relaxing by the pool or beach?

7/31-Fly to SF late, so staying the night at a hotel

8/1-Home sweet home!

8/2-Post pix here for you ladies on PS!!!
2.gif

Whew! That felt good to write it all out...I think I''m going to put it out on a calendar to take with us and help us stay organized...

Reception Update:

We also finally got to meet with the other caterer we were interested in for our August 16th reception, and she agreed to a FANTASTIC menu for $18 (tax included!!!) a person...I just can''t believe it! The other caterers were WAY more expensive and she was also the only one willing to do a "tasting" for us, provides rolls and bread, punch and tea and all the paper goods. Not only did she bring the food to our home, she brought us over 15 different things to try, and left us with an entire tri-tip for dinner, as well! All of her food was spectacular, and we are sending off the deposit in the mail today! We ate like kings for 3 days off the food she brought us...yummmmmm!

I finished making the reception invitations, and I must say, I think they look better than the actual wedding invitations! Those all went out on Saturday and we''ve already had 39 people RSVP on our reception website as of last night! I can''t believe I actually got those done before we leave, and with spare time, to boot! (This is only because I''m in denial about moving out of my house, I''m sure!!!)

Rusty also called and rented two porta-potties and a wash station to be delivered for the weekend of the reception...4 days of extra toilettes and 2 sinks for only $175 bucks! I''m thinking with those savings I can try to talk him into the photo booth I''m dying to have the day of...I''ll have to work on that one, though!

My birthday is Friday the 11th (as written from my birthday gift to me laptop!), so I asked Rusty for some green amethyst jewelry to wear for the wedding that goes with some of the stuff I already have and was considering wearing that day. The only other thing I asked for was a GPS system for my car and he seemed to think I''d be getting a newer car than my 9 1/2 year old beast sometime soon, so I am REALLY hoping for the jewelry, but I won''t get anything until he gets home from work on Saturday, and knowing him he''ll wait till the evening or something...I can''t post pix from his computer as my camera is too megapixaled, but if I get new jewelry, I''ll try to share with you from the new laptop before we leave!

I am starting to get excited...I laid out the carry-ons and my suitcase in the spare bedroom last night amongst all of my moving boxes...while Rusty is gone for the next three days, I''m going to work on putting lightweight outfits together and hopefully get that squared away.

I have another body wrap scheduled for this week, a dr.''s appt. for steroid shots in my shoulders on Thursday and a last check at the dentist on my bleaching trays, too.

Next week I have my last body wrap and facial, a highlight and a haircut, and then I''ll try to schedule a fill and a pedicure for the last possible second before we leave for our trip. I think my something blue will be a french manicure on my toes with a flower with a tiny blue rhinestone center. I know that''s not very creative, but blue just doesn''t go with fucshia and celery green IYKWIM!

I think that''s it...did I forget anything else? So sorry for the long post...I guess I''m making up for all of the time I''ve lost moving into FI''s house this past couple of weeks! I miss you all and check in whenever I can to read about how you are all doing.

Thanks a lot to everyone here who helped me plan my wedding day...I am looking forward to sharing it with you all!

Best of luck to the rest of you summer brides...have an awesome day, and I can''t wait to hear about everything and see your pictures when I get back!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh, I hope they figure out who is doing the dinner, soon! Love that you are wearing fuchsia shoes, who cute is that?!?! Happy Birthday on the 11th and yay for a new laptop! Sounds like a fab time in Maui, how exciting!!! Sending good vibes for a wonderful wedding, can''t wait to see your pictures. Woooo hooo 13 more days
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh my friend,

I just called you on the Hangout thread, but please ignore it!!

I didn''t know if you were already married or what, as I forgot your wedding date.

First of all. Happy Birthday this Friday!!! I hope your day is a special one.

I love your fuchsia shoes!!! They are adorable and you will look darling in them

I know the Italian food will be great and I love your FMIL''s idea about going to McDonald''s
9.gif

So happy you bought a new laptop and you are back here on PS. I can''t wait to see your wedding pictures honey, I know you will be a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!!!!!!!!

Hugs and love to you,
Linda

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
OOOOhhhh how exciting! Thanks for the update and great to see you back!
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I can''t wait to hear how everything went and to see the photos. :)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday in advance, SuperBride! I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing photos of your big day. May it be everything you want!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yay Harleigh!

I am really excited for you and hope that your wedding day is the most incredible day of your life and more than makes up for all of the challenges you have experienced during the planning phase.

You will be a lovely bride ... I cannot wait to see pictures and see you glowing with the realization that you now get to start your "forever" with Mr. Rusty!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
First of all: Happy birthday!

Second of all- YAY! Your trip and WEDDING [!!] is so close!
36.gif
You are going to have such a fantastic time. Even with all the things that aren't turning out quite as you might have imagined them, you seem to be taking it all in stride. Really, that's the way to do it. Keep it up, and remember that everything is going to be beautiful no matter what.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dear Harleigh!

I loved reading your update. I just want to tell you Happy Birthday and I am sending you the absolute warmest wishes for your upcoming trip and wedding day. I can''t wait to see the pictures. Much love to you!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Harleigh!!!!!!!!!!!! Your day is almost here!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Enjoy every second of it because it will go by so fats!!!

M~

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh - very excited for you!!! Hope your day is perfect! Come back with lots of pictures!!!

Junkenpo

Shiny_Rock
You will have a fantastic time on Maui!

The weather has been great, especially in Lahaina and the Kaanapali area. Sunny sunny sunny so make sure you get a good sunscreen--at least 30spf and don''t forget to reapply.

Just a warning, there is a LOT of road work being done on the highway, in particular the Oluwalu and on the Pali (the winding mountainous part before the tunnel if you''re Lahaina-bound). If you are trying to get into or out of Lahaina around 4pm, expect the traffic to be creepy crawly slow. In normal traffic you can get from the airport to Lahaina in about 45min (just driving time)..but the 4pm traffic can tack on another 20-30min.

Out of curiousity, I''m wondering which restaurant is claiming to be oldest? Is that really oldest on island or oldest in that part of the island? I remember Sports Illustrated putting out an article stating an Oahu high school was the "Oldest high school west of the Rockies" when in fact, a high school on Maui was 10yrs older. LOL You bet the alumni wrote in for that one.

Orchids are pricey...everything is more expensive in paradise. Are you renting cars? Gas is currently $4.63/ga for regular in Lahaina, which is actually down 3cents from last week. We''llsee how long it takes to go back up.

Zip lining is FUN... and I notice your wedding day the day after my wedding day! Gosh, how exciting! Grats to you!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh I am so excited!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I cannot wait to see your wedding pics, they are going to be gorgeous! I am sorry about your coordinator ditching you semi-unexpectedly! After all the stress you''ve had with this wedding I bet you are so excited it''s almost over! Anyway, best wishes and best of luck in-between now and your wedding day. I am sure it will be happy and beautiful!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Harleigh!!!!!! Wow, I can''t believe it came up that fast! I bet you are so excited!

I''m sure everything is going to work out just perfectly. Even though we had a few hiccups, we were both so relaxed at that point, being on island time and all, it really didn''t matter. All of the guests had a blast and I''m sure all of yours will too.

I saw that about you not being able to carry on your dress!?! What? What airline are you flying? We flew United, non-stop SFO to Maui and I carried on my huge garment bag. But when we went from Maui to Kauai and Kauai back to SFO we folded up the dress in the garment bag and stuck it in one of our larger bags.

About your flowers, your bouquet seems fair, mine was between 150-175 but the bm''s seem high. Our bm''s were only 65 or 75. But I''m sure yours are going to be totally beautiful. You can''t go wrong w/ island flowers.

I''m so excited for you
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
!!!!!!!!! I can''t wait to see pics when you get back! We actually just got our beautiful album yestereday and love it. Our photog did a great job!
9.gif
What photographer do you have?

Harleigh, have a wonderful time sweetie! Enjoy every moment of it and try to take in as much as possible. It will be the most amazing day of your life
1.gif

Congrats!!!!!!!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh!!! How exciting!! 6 days until you leave!

On the day your guests leave and you get a chance to relax, I will be getting ready for my wedding that evening!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read such a long post! The past day and half has been crazy and I''ve had no time to get back to any of you lovely ladies...so sorry about that.

Latest update is that the Samsonite spinner suitcase I bought last year is TOO big...it will cost an extra $100 to ship, so I am now in search of luggage to take to Maui in 6 days...ugh! I need to start another thread with some important travel questions...hope I have time!

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes...today is my actual birthday and since Rusty is working, my best friend is coming up to see me for the day and then we are going out dancing tonight. Rusty and I will go to dinner tomorrow night and then I convinced him to take me dancing again!
31.gif
Keep your fingers crossed he got me those green amethyst earrings I would like to wear for the wedding!
37.gif

I was going to reply to each of you in one thread, but this laptop keeps eating my reply, so I''m going to be long-winded again and reply to each of you individually! Sorry if that bugs some of you!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 1:01:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
Harleigh, I hope they figure out who is doing the dinner, soon! Love that you are wearing fuchsia shoes, who cute is that?!?! Happy Birthday on the 11th and yay for a new laptop! Sounds like a fab time in Maui, how exciting!!! Sending good vibes for a wonderful wedding, can''t wait to see your pictures. Woooo hooo 13 more days
36.gif
Hi Skippy! How nice to see you! No word on who is in charge of the Welcome Dinner...I have calls in but no one responding. At least we''re getting there a few days early and can roll some heads while we''re there maybe??? It''s frustrating and I''m in denial about dealing with it at this point! Kind of like the whole suitcase fiasco!

Thanks for the birthday wishes...this laptop and I really need to learn to work together because I''ve posted a reply to this thread twice and hit a button that made it just disappear somehow...I am trying to be really careful right now! I''ll be sure to come back with lots of pictures sometime after August 1st...maybe I''ll have figured out the laptop by then!
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
P.S. Happy B-day!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 1:37:30 PM
Author: Linda W
Harleigh my friend,

I just called you on the Hangout thread, but please ignore it!!

I didn't know if you were already married or what, as I forgot your wedding date.

First of all. Happy Birthday this Friday!!! I hope your day is a special one.

I love your fuchsia shoes!!! They are adorable and you will look darling in them

I know the Italian food will be great and I love your FMIL's idea about going to McDonald's
9.gif

So happy you bought a new laptop and you are back here on PS. I can't wait to see your wedding pictures honey, I know you will be a BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!!!!!!!!

Hugs and love to you,
Linda
Dear Linda, thank you so much for thinking of me! I don't know that I would've seen your other thread...when I've lurked I've really only had time to be over here on BWW boards, and that was so minimal with Rusty's slow computer that it was almost too much effort! Hopefully when things settle down more I can go back to branching out into the other areas of PS and catch up with you more often!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, and no worries on remembering the wedding date...I swear I've been so busy that I've forgotten it, my birthday, everyone else's birthday, etc... I did ask for wireless router for the new laptop for my birthday, so hopefully I can take the laptop anywhere in the house. As it is right now, I have to unplug Rusty's and use this one, but I'm taking my laptop off before he comes home tomorrow so he can't screw it up! (No malice here, but he's ruined his!) Guess I just need to make sure I have fantastic virus and firewall protection with him around it!

I LOVE the fuchsia shoes, too! I was actually practicing walking around in them last night to see how I like them, and I've still told no one going to Maui about them...not Rusty, my BM's, mom or FMIL...I can't wait to see the look on their faces! Today when Lynda (my bf from Vacaville we talked about) comes up I'm hiding the fuchsia shoes and pretending to have her help me pick from the cream and silver pairs I have!

As for the dinner, how bad can it be, right? And yes, my FMIL is just awesome! She says I'm the daughter she never had, and the feeling is very mutual, let me tell you!

Thanks again for checking in and following along on this journey with me! I have missed chatting with you these past few months and am looking forward to catching up again when I get back from Maui...loaded with pictures, of course!
9.gif

Hugs and much love to you, too! I hope you're having a great summer! How is little Maizie (sp?) doing these days? Well, I hope! Take care!

Love,

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 1:41:26 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
OOOOhhhh how exciting! Thanks for the update and great to see you back!
36.gif
Thanks, IWPO! I''ve enjoyed folllowing your wedding threads these past few weeks! Is your honey still loving his Harley you got him?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 2:02:08 PM
Author: EricaR
How exciting! I can''t wait to hear how everything went and to see the photos. :)
Thanks, Erica! I know we''ve talked about what kind of a wedding gift to get our FI''s, and I gave up on something poker-related (nothing cool enough!) and I couldn''t find anything good to get Rusty, so since he''s always thought it would be great to own a pocket watch and that''s what he got his guys, I went ahead and got him one engraved for the wedding day. Hopefully the sentiment written in it will be the most appreciated!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 11:38:23 PM
Author: Harriet
Happy Birthday in advance, SuperBride! I''m looking forward to hearing about and seeing photos of your big day. May it be everything you want!
Thank you, Harriet! I am looking forward to the same from you after your big day...it sure has been a journey getting here, hasn''t it? I appreciate the well wishes!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 11:43:27 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Yay Harleigh!

I am really excited for you and hope that your wedding day is the most incredible day of your life and more than makes up for all of the challenges you have experienced during the planning phase.

You will be a lovely bride ... I cannot wait to see pictures and see you glowing with the realization that you now get to start your ''forever'' with Mr. Rusty!
Hi Spark! I''ve missed chatting with you! I am sure everything will turn out just fine...it all will come together somehow...I just wish one new thing a day wouldn''t crop up and go wrong...that is frustrating me into a panic attack, I think!

Thanks so much for your kind words and well wishes! I hope all of your plans are coming along well...I''ve been lurking lately, but can''t remember what I''ve read and what I haven''t...sheesh, and I''m only turning 36 today...early onset of Alzheimer''s, I think. I do take after my mother in that regard, I guess!

I''ll be back on August 1st, so hopefully I''ll be able to share with you all then! Take care and I''ll catch up with you again soon!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 12:40:50 AM
Author: WishfulThinking
First of all: Happy birthday!

Second of all- YAY! Your trip and WEDDING [!!] is so close!
36.gif
You are going to have such a fantastic time. Even with all the things that aren''t turning out quite as you might have imagined them, you seem to be taking it all in stride. Really, that''s the way to do it. Keep it up, and remember that everything is going to be beautiful no matter what.
Hi WT! Thanks for the birthday wishes...very sweet of you!

I am really trying hard to not let things get to me, and so far I''ve been keeping it in pretty well. I really wanted to respond to that "Dear Diary" thread on here with all of my frustrations, but I was kind of afraid to let loose! God only knows what kind of a wreck I''d be if I wrote it all out on paper to actually LOOK at and see every day! I nearly had a panic attack the other night about two weeks ago (which I don''t think I''ve ever had before) and I went to the doctor the next day and asked for something to calm me down and help me sleep because I''m awake thinking about everything in the middle of the night...she just laughed at me (in a nice way, of course...she''s like a mother to me!) and said it would all be fine once I got to Maui. I''m like, I need something between NOW AND MAUI to make sure I get there in one piece already! No go...she did give me a round of anti-virals in case my shingles decides to head on back out of the right side of my face during the trip, so at least she''s not immune to the possibility of me losing it!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 2:11:04 AM
Author: matildawong
Hi Dear Harleigh!

I loved reading your update. I just want to tell you Happy Birthday and I am sending you the absolute warmest wishes for your upcoming trip and wedding day. I can''t wait to see the pictures. Much love to you!
Hi Sweet Matilda! So good to hear from you! How is your new kitty working out? I haven''t been over in Hangout to check any new threads in forever, but please know I''ve been thinking about you!

Thanks so much for the well wishes...I look forward to catching up with you again when we get back!

Hugs and much love to you, too!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 9:41:44 AM
Author: April Diamonds
Harleigh - very excited for you!!! Hope your day is perfect! Come back with lots of pictures!!!
Thanks, April! How is everything going with you? It feels like forever since I''ve "chatted" with some of you!

I''ll be sure to post lots of pictures upon my return!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 8:59:00 AM
Author: Mandarine
Oh my Harleigh!!!!!!!!!!!! Your day is almost here!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Enjoy every second of it because it will go by so fats!!!

M~
Hi Mandarine!!! Thanks so much! You were such a big help and inspiration in planning things...thanks for always taking the time to help out whenever I had a question or concern, no matter how silly it was! I know I''ve learned a lot from you, and I hope my wedding can look as nice as yours was!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARLEIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a fab time in Maui, sweetheart; you are going to be one gorgeous bride!
9.gif

1144968sqp3kc2pis.gif

xoxoxoox

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARLEIGH!!!!!!! Wishing you a wonderful day full of love and surprises!!!

Love to you sweetheart.

Linda

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 3:11:35 PM
Author: Junkenpo
You will have a fantastic time on Maui!

The weather has been great, especially in Lahaina and the Kaanapali area. Sunny sunny sunny so make sure you get a good sunscreen--at least 30spf and don''t forget to reapply.

Just a warning, there is a LOT of road work being done on the highway, in particular the Oluwalu and on the Pali (the winding mountainous part before the tunnel if you''re Lahaina-bound). If you are trying to get into or out of Lahaina around 4pm, expect the traffic to be creepy crawly slow. In normal traffic you can get from the airport to Lahaina in about 45min (just driving time)..but the 4pm traffic can tack on another 20-30min.

Out of curiousity, I''m wondering which restaurant is claiming to be oldest? Is that really oldest on island or oldest in that part of the island? I remember Sports Illustrated putting out an article stating an Oahu high school was the ''Oldest high school west of the Rockies'' when in fact, a high school on Maui was 10yrs older. LOL You bet the alumni wrote in for that one.

Orchids are pricey...everything is more expensive in paradise. Are you renting cars? Gas is currently $4.63/ga for regular in Lahaina, which is actually down 3cents from last week. We''llsee how long it takes to go back up.

Zip lining is FUN... and I notice your wedding day the day after my wedding day! Gosh, how exciting! Grats to you!!
Hi JunkenPro! Thanks for chiming in! I can''t remember where you live...is it actually on Maui? Thanks so much for the heads-up about the road construction. Both our parents are staying in Ma''alea, so it will take them a bit longer to get up to Ka''anapali.

That''s funny that you say that about the sun...some friends visiting let us know that it''s been raining just about every afternoon there and do I have a backup plan in case of rain...nope, I surely do not! And I''m guessing the wedding planner doesn''t either!

Giovani''s claims it is the oldest restaurant...they were established in 1972, which is the year I was born, so I figured it was meant to be!

We are renting a car...we have so many things we''re doing that we couldn''t survive without one. Gas is almost that much here in CA, so it won''t be much different from what we''re used to lately...how sad is THAT???

And yes, we are having some orchids in the bouquets...I was told roses were too expensive, but not apparently when compared to the orchids, so I just told them to do whatever they want and keep it within budget and matching my wedding colors!

I do have a question about the ziplining...I was told you don''t really need to use your arms...is this true? My orthopedic surgeon (I went in for a steroid shot in my shoulder yesterday) lived on Maui and said that you pull yourself along the cables arm over arm to get across except for the downhills and he''s not sure I should try it. I''ve had 3 surgeries on my right shoulder for multidirection dislocation, my left shoulder also can dislocate and then I just fractured my left collarbone in December, hence the steroid shot! I am just curious to hear someone''s take on it who has actually done it, so any insight would be much appreciated!

I am excited for you, too! I''ll be thinking of you on Monday! Where will your wedding be at? I remember the fiasco with your future in-laws about your Monday wedding...I''m glad it''s working out the way you want it! I myself am bummed that I''m getting married 11 days after my birthday...Rusty''s already trying to work my birthday gift into a "combo" birthday/anniversary gift in the future, and I want them celebrated separately, dangit! Ah, the joys of teachers having to get married in the summer, I tell ya!

Have a great time, and thanks again for all of the great info! Best of luck on your special day, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results