shape
carat
color
clarity

Hard to find setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''ve spent forever searching the internet looking for a setting similar to the one in the picture. This ring is my Grandmother''s and it is about 2 carats (total guess). My girlfriend loves it! What I would like to do is get a similar setting in platinum, but proportioned correctly for this diamond:

AGSL
Carat weight: 0.95
Cut: Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 62.1%
Table %: 55%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick, faceted
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.30x6.33x3.92 mm

I''m really excited about showing this beauty off, but finding the setting has been tough.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

upload.jpg

justme

Shiny_Rock
I found these two settings in the Stuller catalog - common jewelry mounting catalog shouldn't be hard to find a jeweler to order it for you - although they are shown in yellow gold they are available in both white gold and plat.

Sorry can't figure out how to attach 3 pics. at once so here they are one at a time!

This one is Stuller 10228A

Stuller 10228a.jpg

justme

Shiny_Rock
This one is 4214A

Hope these help!

Stuller 4214a.jpg

justme

Shiny_Rock
This pic give you a better view of the band without the head setting on it. Stuller 4214C

Stuller 4214c no head.jpg

jcdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi Setting,

One other option, only if you want to keep the exact design and finger size, would be to remove the center stone and make a silicon mold of the ring.
Then you can have it cast into any metal you wish.
It would be less expensive than buying a whole new ring.
For the center setting, you can pick the size and style you want and any qualified jeweler can solder it and the re-set your diamond.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mauricio
:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results