shape
carat
color
clarity

happy wedding week to me?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i was thinking about you this weekend. i hope everything turned out beautifully for you, your husband, and your families!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2010 9:52:45 PM
Author: Gypsy
Wow honey. First, HUGE ENORMOUS HUG. Second, you don't have an over inflated sense of entitlement. I actually built in postponment clauses into my wedding contracts and wouldn't book a vendor without one. And even without that in the contract you'd think they would let you just push out by 6 months, even if they charge you a small fee.

Hairdresser. It is not you. Go to the store and get yourself some hair stuff just in case it all goes pair shaped, call up the hairdresser and tell her 'Look, I'm am going through a tough time, this has nothing to do with being a bridezilla, but the last thing I need is a vendor who is not making me feel positive so get with the program or quit.' Nothing wrong with that either. It is your wedding day! At the very least the people you are PAYING to be there can put on a grin for a couple of hours and pretend to be sunshine and freaking roses.

Do you want us to find you a new hairdresser? We can. Promise. Just post your town and time you want them available (not actual venue) and budget and maybe we can help with that little detail. Heck, I'll pull yelp up myself and start dogging people's schedules for you. My mom decided 2 days before my wedding she wanted her hair and makeup professionally done (after 12 months of protesting otherwise) so this isn't my first rodeo.
Gypsy,

Thank you! When I read this, tears sprung to my eyes for the fact that you would help me find a new hairdresser. I'm still mushy from the wedding and all, but I'm really touched by your kindness.

I WAS able to basically get what I wanted with my hair on the day of the wedding. It took some coaxing and I was so stressed by the time my hair and make-up was done that I over paid either my hairdresser or MUA by $100, but it's over now!

Thanks ladies for thinking of me again. I think your positive thinking for me worked! Husband and I had a most lovely day. I really can't believe how incredible the day turned out. It was better than I ever hoped it could be!
9.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 4:48:39 PM
Author: House Cat
Date: 4/30/2010 9:52:45 PM

Author: Gypsy

Wow honey. First, HUGE ENORMOUS HUG. Second, you don't have an over inflated sense of entitlement. I actually built in postponment clauses into my wedding contracts and wouldn't book a vendor without one. And even without that in the contract you'd think they would let you just push out by 6 months, even if they charge you a small fee.

Hairdresser. It is not you. Go to the store and get yourself some hair stuff just in case it all goes pair shaped, call up the hairdresser and tell her 'Look, I'm am going through a tough time, this has nothing to do with being a bridezilla, but the last thing I need is a vendor who is not making me feel positive so get with the program or quit.' Nothing wrong with that either. It is your wedding day! At the very least the people you are PAYING to be there can put on a grin for a couple of hours and pretend to be sunshine and freaking roses.

Do you want us to find you a new hairdresser? We can. Promise. Just post your town and time you want them available (not actual venue) and budget and maybe we can help with that little detail. Heck, I'll pull yelp up myself and start dogging people's schedules for you. My mom decided 2 days before my wedding she wanted her hair and makeup professionally done (after 12 months of protesting otherwise) so this isn't my first rodeo.
Gypsy,

Thank you! When I read this, tears sprung to my eyes for the fact that you would help me find a new hairdresser. I'm still mushy from the wedding and all, but I'm really touched by your kindness.

I WAS able to basically get what I wanted with my hair on the day of the wedding. It took some coaxing and I was so stressed by the time my hair and make-up was done that I over paid either my hairdresser or MUA by $100, but it's over now!

Thanks ladies for thinking of me again. I think your positive thinking for me worked! Husband and I had a most lovely day. I really can't believe how incredible the day turned out. It was better than I ever hoped it could be!
9.gif
YAY I'm so glad you had an amazing day. Congratulations!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results