carat
color
clarity

Happy wedding day Audball!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're getting married today!

I hope the weather is beautiful and cool for you! Enjoy your day!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Best wishes, audball!!! I'm sure your wedding will be spectacular and romantic. :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enjoy every minute of it audball!! Congrats!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Happy wedding day, Aud! Can't wait to see pictures!!! :appl:

Enjoy every last minute of it!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes Aud! So excited for you both and cannot wait for you to come back with your story and pictures! :appl:

I have followed your story from the beginning and I am so happy you are getting your happy ending! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you Audball and sending best wishes for a wonderful wedding day!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats audball and all the best!!!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations audball!!! You'll be returning here Mrs. Audball and I'm so happy for you :D I hope the day was without (m)any hiccups and you enjoy your day!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
OHMYGOODNESS, AUD!

We have common friends on that social networking site and your picture popped up in my NewsFeed...GORGEOUS!!!! :love: Congratulations!!!

(Sorry for the teaser, everyone else!!!)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
can't wait to see pics and hear all about it! hope your day was amazing!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! We had an absolutely beautiful wedding day and we are now HAPPILY!!! Mr. & Mrs. Audball :))

I promise I'll write out all the details to share with you all soon! Squee! I'm married!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1383262957|3548428 said:
OHMYGOODNESS, AUD!

We have common friends on that social networking site and your picture popped up in my NewsFeed...GORGEOUS!!!! :love: Congratulations!!!

(Sorry for the teaser, everyone else!!!)
SQUEE! I KNOW! I'm SO SO SO excited to see the rest!! And yay for us being FB friends now! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1383114922|3547294 said:
You're getting married today!

I hope the weather is beautiful and cool for you! Enjoy your day!
Thank you TP!! The weather was beautiful and our day was amazing. I wish we could do it over again!

audball

Ideal_Rock
recordaras|1383136441|3547346 said:
Best wishes, audball!!! I'm sure your wedding will be spectacular and romantic. :love:
Thank you recordaras! It was spectacular and romantic!! :love:

audball

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1383137642|3547351 said:
Enjoy every minute of it audball!! Congrats!
Thanks yennyfire!! We soaked up every second!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1383137828|3547354 said:
Happy wedding day, Aud! Can't wait to see pictures!!! :appl:

Enjoy every last minute of it!
Thanks vc!! I can't wait to see every single shot our amazing photographer captured!

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1383141108|3547416 said:
Best wishes Aud! So excited for you both and cannot wait for you to come back with your story and pictures! :appl:

I have followed your story from the beginning and I am so happy you are getting your happy ending! :love:
Thank you AS!! I can't wait to share our story when I have time to write it all out! I love that I have some super supportive PS friends here who know my story and have helped me all along the way! Thanks for being one of them!

audball

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1383146634|3547484 said:
Thinking of you Audball and sending best wishes for a wonderful wedding day!
Thanks junebug!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone|1383155105|3547605 said:
Congrats audball and all the best!!!
Thank you gem!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1383166612|3547740 said:
Congratulations audball!!! You'll be returning here Mrs. Audball and I'm so happy for you :D I hope the day was without (m)any hiccups and you enjoy your day!
Thanks WD!! I am officially a Mrs.! Our ay went off so wonderfully. A few minor hiccups -- but nothing that wasn't dealt with easily! Thank you for thinking of us :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
MayFlowers|1383263427|3548431 said:
I hope your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!!
Thanks MF!! It was truly a beautiful day adn I can't wait to share with you ladies!

audball

Ideal_Rock
maple2012|1383361364|3548940 said:
can't wait to see pics and hear all about it! hope your day was amazing!!!
Thanks maple!! It was amazing :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
Ok! I think I got everyone! A true sincere thank you to each and every one of my fellow PSers who popped in and gave advice throughout the planning process! I can't wait to share all the details of our special day with you and look forward to sticking around these parts while each of you finish planning your own!

I pinky promise I'll be back with details in the next few days!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey audball, congratulations married lady! So glad you're finally with the guy who is meant for you. Best wishes for a wonderful life together.

Looking forward to reading about the details and maybe seeing some pictures.

audball

Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1383443196|3549331 said:
Hey audball, congratulations married lady! So glad you're finally with the guy who is meant for you. Best wishes for a wonderful life together.

Looking forward to reading about the details and maybe seeing some pictures.
Thanks mary poppins! I will definitely share the details of our beautiful day and post some pictures!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Using my lunch break at work today to try and write up a synopsis of our beautiful wedding day for you all!

We left home the day before the wedding (Tues 10/29) bright and early. We got up just before 4am and we're fully packed in the car and on the road by just after 4:30am. Every mile we drove made me a bit more anxious! I had been nothing but excited up until the point we left and every second I got more and more nervous! Having never seen the place we were getting married, having never met the vendors we'd hired to handle the details, we had lots to be nervous about! The drive went pretty quickly and we made in into Savannah just before 11am. The Kehoe House is BEAUTIFUL!!! Just breathtaking. We couldn't be happier with our choice to get married there.

Lucky us, the people who were supposed to be staying in our chosen room the night before us were no shows for their reservation so instead of having to wait until 3pm to check into our room, we were able to check in right then! That was wonderful because we were able to get completely unpacked and didn't have to worry about leaving our things around (either with the concierge at the inn, or worse, in the car) until we could get into our room.

Our room was beautiful! Antique furniture and very specious. We had a bay window and breakfast nook and we got the largest bathroom in the whole house complete with a claw foot tub!

After getting settled into our room and getting everything unpacked, we worked out the details with the concierge for our wedding day. We had originally signed up to have the ceremony in their outside garden, but after reviewing all the ceremony space options, we changed to one of the indoor options. Both outdoor options were on the side of the home and the street that goes up that side of the home is full of metered parking. I wasn't excited about the idea of lots of parked cars in the background of our wedding photos. Not to mention, The Kehoe House is one of the most historical homes in Savannah and every.single.trolley tour in the city goes by the house and down that side street. I swear they were by every 5-10 minutes. We decided to get married in their large double parlor room in front of the bay window (with TONS of natural light) and 14' ceilings. It was gorgeous and we were happy we made the choice. After hammering out the final details, we walked over to the courthouse to get our marriage license. This is something else I'd been super anxious about, but it was a breeze. We were in and out with our license in less than 20 minutes. We both felt much more relaxed once we had that in hand.

We also made a visit to the florist who was SOOO SUPER NICE! She took us in back of the shop and showed us our flowers (not yet assembled) and hashed out assembly. She attached DH's grandmother's bracelet to my bouquet for us which was my something old. I never met her, she passed in last year right before our first anniversary. DH's mother lent it to me to use and it was a beautiful peachy pink color that went so well with my dress.

The rest of the day, we just walked around and checked things out. Scoped out places we wanted to visit and just relaxed. Between the drive, the nerves, and everything, we were in bed and completely asleep around 9:30pm. I was happy about that because we both slept good and hard and didn't wake up tired. We both got almost no sleep the night before that because of the nerves and anxiety about leaving for the trip.

Wedding morning! We woke about 1 hour before our breakfast service. We snuggled in bed and straightened up our room since we'd be having pictures in there before the ceremony. We had our breakfast on a silver tray in our little nook. We both got banana foster french toast (so good!). DH had cheesy grits and sausage with his and I had bacon and potatoes with mine. We also got coffee and orange juice. We then had about an hour before hair and makeup started and we just relaxed together and soaked it all in. Up until the last second, I wasn't decided on whether I was going to have my hair styled up or styled down. Based on the weather being a touch warmer than we anticipated, I decided to wear it up and was happy I did. The weather did end up being pretty nice, a few degrees cooler would have been more ideal, but it was a really beautiful day.

After hair/makeup, we only had about 5 minutes before the photographer arrived and got started with detail shots. This is one of my only regrets of the day, that we should have allowed 15-30 minutes longer here so that we didn't have to rush. He needed about 30 minutes for detail shots and he got there at 2 (our arranged time). Ceremony started at 2:30 so I forgot to factor in time to get dressed. He worked quickly and did the pictures in about 20-25 minutes, but then we had to rush to get dressed instead of being more relaxed and taking our time.

It was all fine, though! We didn't get as many helping each other get ready shots as planned, but we still have some and we made it on time! Our officiant was changed with just a few days to go because of a family emergency that had him move out of state. It worked out for the best because we ended up with an amazing officiant who does these all day long. He used the ceremony we'd written and was super nice. He's apparently the most requested officiant in the South Georgia and South Carolina and even married a few celebrities! He has also been on Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings (which I watch!) so I thought that was pretty cool.

We had our ceremony and weren't interrupted at all despite our ceremony start time being 30 minutes before daily check-in time. The concierge put a sign on the front door of the house that said "wedding in progress, use side entrance" (which is one level down) and nobody came in at all during our ceremony or cake time. It was perfect. We cut our cake and had milk from a vintage milk bottle in our champagne flutes with our chocolate chocolate cake. Yum.

After cake, we took some photos on the entry way stairs inside the home and in the 4th floor loft space. Then out and about for more pictures on the front steps of the grand home, Forsyth Park, Whitaker Square, and other beautiful spots our photographer found (or already knew about). He got shots of us leaving on our carriage ride at 5pm and we had a little break from posing and just had an hour of quiet together seeing Savannah's most beautiful spots. People yelled congratulations to us the whole time and it was so wonderful. They dropped us off at the designated spot and our photographer picked us back up to take us across the river from some sunset and silhouette shots. He then took us back to the right side of the river where we got some shots by an old theatre with a lit up marquee sign and some slow exposure shots in the after sunset light.

We then went to dinner at The Olde Pink House. We got there about 15 minutes before our reservation time and were super excited because we'd heard such great things about this place. They were crazy busy despite it being a Wednesday night, and told us it would be our reservation time before we could sit. That wasn't a problem and we waited outside on a bench and took some more pictures. A nice man even took a few shots of us together. We were asked three times by different hostesses about our name and reservation time despite having made reservations 5 months in advance. We weren't sat until 15 minutes after our reservation time and then (even though we were told they make special table accommodations for wedding couples), we were walked in and sat at a two seater table just inside the front door next to the hostess stand. It was loud and terrible. My DH is never one to complain, but he wouldn't even sit down. He went to the hostess and complained. We were prepared to leave. We had to wait another 15ish minutes, but they ended up seating us in the Vault Room which has only one table and is candle lit. It was a neat room being an old bank vault, but it wasn't well ventilated (ie: warm) and the room is used as their wine storage so our dinner was interrupted 3 times by bartenders coming in to restock what they were out of. We ordered drinks, appetizers, dinner, and dessert. Our dinner came out wrong and had to be sent back to be fixed. Overall, while the food tasted good, the place is definitely a tourist trap that I found to be totally underwhelming for the hype it gets. We did have a nice meal, but I'll probably never go there again.

After dinner, we walked slowly in the cool night air back to our room for the night! It was a totally beautiful and amazing day.

The next morning we had breakfast in our room again (all the same choices except DH switched from the french toast to apple pecan pancakes). We hit lots of shops on River Street and bought our first married Christmas ornament for our tree this year. We got some delicious sweets from a candy kitchen. We had a wonderful day.

That night, we had THE MOST AMAZING meal ever. We wish we'd eaten there for our wedding dinner, but you live and learn! We asked our photographer where the best place to eat in Savannah is and he recommended this place. We also heard 3 other locals recommend it. They do not advertise in the city so it's a well kept secret! It's 10% the size of The Olde Pink House and is 80%+ local and farm to table. They also feature exotic options including kangaroo and elk! Everything was delicious. We got reservations (our concierge set it up) with two hours notice and when we got there, we were greeted with a box of treats that had a "Congrats Mr. & Mrs. LastName!" on it. Service was top notch, food was AMAZING. In addition to the little treats, we got a complimentary amuse bouche. We ordered duck fat and black truffle oil hand cut fries for an appetizer (SOOO Good!). The make different breads for the table and the day's feature was a cinnamon chocolate feather bread and a blood orange corn muffin with candied toffee. Holy cow yum. DH go the exotic specialty for dinner which was elk with so many delicious things. He also got a side of Gator. I got "Duck Not Pie" which was a deconstructed duck pot pie. It had smoked duck, a wedge of salt/pepper puff pastry, baby bliss potatoes, roasted corn, toasted hazelnuts and was topped with pears poached in port wine. YUM. For dessert we had amaretto creme brulee with chocolate cherries and their signature dessert, tempura fried banana beignets with handmade vanilla ice cream and cinnamon sugar wonton strips. Everything was amazing. We will definitely be eating there again every time we go back. We're just going to pretend that's where we had our wedding dinner. If anyone is in Savannah -- check it out, Alligator Soul.

That night after dinner we did a ghost tour for Halloween and finished the night up with Mocha Chocolate Chip ice cream (we shared) on our walk back to the inn.

We checked out the next morning and I cried because I was so sad to be leaving. We are sooooooo thrilled with how everything turned out and are soooo pleased with our decision to elope. I'm a happy happy happy Mrs. Audball.

Thanks to everyone for the support along the way!

ETA: So the things that went "wrong". Because, well, something always goes *not* as planned on the wedding day, right? I feel extremely lucky in that the things that went "wrong" for our wedding really weren't big deals -- but there were a few things to note.

1. We planned for an outdoor ceremony. After getting there, evaluating the space options and looking at the weather, we chose to marry inside. We do not regret this choice in any way, but it was a change from the original plan.

2. We did not have enough time to relax and enjoy the detail pictures and getting dressed before the ceremony. We did not budget enough time for this and rushed to get dressed. The fallout of this is that we will not have all of the getting ready shots we planned to take, but we did get some. The other thing we missed was in DH's outfit. He was supposed to be in his suit pants/socks/shoes, dress shirt tucked in with his tie, vest, and sleeves rolled up. We forgot to roll up his sleeves until half way through the day, well after the ceremony, and with a majority of our pictures already taken. We did roll them up for the remainder of the day and shots, but I'm disappointed we forgot.

3. Cake topper! I had twisted/made the veil for my bride Starbucks to face a certain way with the bride on the left. We left the cake toppers with the concierge to set up and the bride ended up on the right and the veil part wasn't sitting right. I didn't swap them since they were stuck on the cake but I did fix her veil when I saw it. I have on idea if I fixed it before or after our photographer got photos of it. The way it was the hook for the ornament string was visible. Hopefully I fixed it before he captured it. If not, oh well.

4. Dinner -- obviously as described above. Not the service or food we were expecting from the hype (or the price). We do feel luck y that we had the opportunity to have such a wonderful meal the next night, though!

And that's it!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!

Congratulations again!!!!

It sounds amazing. Sorry your wedding night dinner was a let-down, but your 2nd night meal sounds just too delicious! You'll have to go back for anniversaries!

Your entire day sounds just perfect. I love that you had so much time with a photographer who knew the area and you were able to relax and enjoy your day!

Can't wait to see pictures!!!!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Audball, that sounds so marvelous!! Congratulations yet again! :D
Even the hiccups didn't sound so bad! :)) Eagerly awaiting any pictures!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1383616503|3550536 said:
Yay!

Congratulations again!!!!

It sounds amazing. Sorry your wedding night dinner was a let-down, but your 2nd night meal sounds just too delicious! You'll have to go back for anniversaries!

Your entire day sounds just perfect. I love that you had so much time with a photographer who knew the area and you were able to relax and enjoy your day!

Can't wait to see pictures!!!!
Thanks TP! It was amazing. I wish we could do it all over again. The wedding dinner was fine -- the food tasted good, it just didn't live up to the hype and that was worsened by the less than stellar treatment out the gate. I know it won't matter at all as the meal we had that night will be a distant memory.

The second place will be officially where we have dinner when we go back to celebrate!

Our photographer was amazing. So kind and knowledgeable. Super skilled. We loved him. I'm dying for more sneak peek pictures! I only have a few so far and plan to do a thread about the wedding, but I don't want to get it started until I have some real things to share. I know a few sneak peeks won't hold the regulars over for long! I'll be getting slammed with the "this thread is worthless without pictures"! emotie! Hah.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results