shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy News

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Things between me and BF have been nothing short of amazing lately. Nothing is all that different, but it''s like we''re on this whole other level somehow. I can''t even imagine at this point what getting engaged is going to feel like! Or married, for that matter.

Though not much has changed lately, I feel like he''s finally in the same place as me. Almost a year ago, when we first started talking seriously about marriage, he was more in the frame of mind that it was far away but he was happy that we had a plan. I felt frustrated for a long time and we got into a lot of fights because I felt like he just wasn''t as ready as I was.

I''ve been feeling a change from him for a while. The last month or so has been so great. We''ve been getting along better than we have in years, and I just feel so content. I can feel it coming from him, too. Yesterday, we spent the day together and talked about some things. He said things like how he used to feel like we needed to go places on the weekend and now he likes just staying home with me, how he suddenly feels like it''s time to move out (he lives with his mom), etc. Though he doesn''t feel comfortable buying a ring right now since he just got laid off, he''s so much more into talking about it. There are lots of conversations between us where he''ll say something about what he wants for our wedding.

I also got good news from the orthodontist Tuesday! I''m finally nearing the end of my braces journey. 2-3 more appointments, and I''ll be done! Yay!

Aside from BF getting laid off, things have been great all around. I feel like once he finds a new job, teaching or otherwise, everything will fall into place. I just wanted to share my excitement about everything else!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I am happy for you! It can be very difficult when two people know thye love each other, but have differing "timelines." It can cause a lot of stress and fights. Once you get on the same page, everything changes! So congratulations!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
This is great news! It sounds like your really getting on the same page and heading in the right direction. I''m so happy for you!
9.gif

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s great progress. Great to hear things with the relationship are going well. I''m sending job dust his way.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
so glad to read such a positive, happy post :)

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much guys! I don''t divulge too much info to friends and family just because I want it to sort of be a surprise when we do get engaged. I don''t think anyone other than fellow LIWs can understand how a change so subtle can make such a difference, either.

He emailed me a listing for a house tonight, haha. I think he wanted me to talk him into buying it, but it is like astronomically out of his/our price range. Who knows where we''ll even be in a couple of years? But I''m still so excited to move on the that part of our relationship...buying a house together and all. Until then, I''ll have to live vicariously through the newly and soon to be engaged ladies on this board!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results