shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy flower setting perportedly French mark was polished off

60sChic

Rough_Rock
Trade

This ring looks so comfortable and wearable. No GIA report available. What do we think about the value? I am shopping for a self-gift diamond. Just starting the process. This one is so cheerful, and not to be mistaken for an engagement. Has a wabi-sabi imperfection that think is charming but the price seems high for the strangely shallow cut center stone.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock

This ring looks so comfortable and wearable. No GIA report available. What do we think about the value? I am shopping for a self-gift diamond. Just starting the process. This one is so cheerful, and not to be mistaken for an engagement. Has a wabi-sabi imperfection that think is charming but the price seems high for the strangely shallow cut center stone.

Price seems high and I’m surprised there is no GIA given the price. The stone looks kind of flat and lifeless in the video. Have you looked at Old World Diamonds? Given your budget, and the fact that returns would be difficult from New Zealand, you might want to consider working with somebody who can give you a lot more pictures/video/assurances before you buy.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
The center does not look like an LM to me. Plus, the body color looks to be blotchy in some of the pics. At this price point, I would want a GIA cert.

Here's an example of a very pretty, well-priced, certed stone. Diana's prices are close to wholesale:

She could easily make you a similar setting.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s a wabi - sabi imperfection?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I’d bet some skin that same ring has been on DKJ’s Instagram. For whatever it’s worth and whatever it means.
I made a thread about it almost 5 years ago asking if the owner was a PS’er.
You_Doodle_2024-01-06T02_55_14Z.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I’d bet some skin that same ring has been on DKJ’s Instagram. For whatever it’s worth and whatever it means.
I made a thread about it almost 5 years ago asking if the owner was a PS’er.
You_Doodle_2024-01-06T02_55_14Z.jpeg

Well, if DKJ made it and the "French" mark was supposedly polished off, it would have been DKJ's mark polished off, right?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain
I don’t think DKJ ‘made’ it.
I’m assuming a project for someone he took on to completely reshank an old ring or conversion an old piece to a ring.

I think French mark getting polished off is a way to state this. Not fully encompassing nitpicky true but not completely false either.

He wouldn’t take on the project to replicate the construction method for the same look as this ring for me when I asked - only said he could do the modernized version of it that he did for two other PSers and sent me their CADs.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's totally cool.

Was waiting for the "3.36 ctw" to translate down in the description but looks like that is the actual center stone (right?). I guess "ctw" can be either "carat weight" or "carat total weight"? I always think of it as the latter.

The photos are over-sharpened and I'm sure the contrast has been boosted -- which seems to increase saturation in my hands when I do it. So I think the main big photo over-represents the yellow, assuming that is not the look you're after. I believe the slightly whiter-looking shots.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain
I don’t think DKJ ‘made’ it.
I’m assuming a project for someone he took on to completely reshank an old ring or conversion an old piece to a ring.

I think French mark getting polished off is a way to state this. Not fully encompassing nitpicky true but not completely false either.

He wouldn’t take on the project to replicate the construction method for the same look as this ring for me when I asked - only said he could do the modernized version of it that he did for two other PSers and sent me their CADs.

oh, okay. I thought you were inferring that perhaps DK made it. My bad for assuming.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it but would want a GIA cert and inspection period before committing. I noticed it appears to have a very small table so that is something to consider if this is not your preference.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I think it's totally cool.

Was waiting for the "3.36 ctw" to translate down in the description but looks like that is the actual center stone (right?). I guess "ctw" can be either "carat weight" or "carat total weight"? I always think of it as the latter

CTW is always carat total weight and counts all the diamonds in the piece. Center stone will be referred to as “carats.” If it’s a solitaire, vendor wouldn’t say 3.36 ctw for the center stone, it would be 3.36 carats. Be careful here because CTW can be misleading. If you have a 1.5 ish center and some accent diamonds on the band, seller will sell as “2.34 ctw” or whatever and you might assume the center is 2ct+. Nope. Not a bad thing just easy to make assumptions. Always read the descriptions.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CTW is always carat total weight and counts all the diamonds in the piece.

But my exact point was that in this case it isn't (or doesn't).

This was the original listing quoted above:

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 9.30.17 AM.png

60sChic

Rough_Rock
Trade
That was so interesting that ring re-appearing after 5 years !

I’m still looking. How do we feel about these ? I feel like I never considered a princess cut but this bezel setting makes it look wearable and sturdy - I think I’m not overly drawn towards Tiffany but these rings that come with the documentation are easier to resell at auction if one tired of it or wants a change

This one I like for its uniqueness
It’s a bit fussy for me but I like it!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Those are beautiful but very different rings. The flower ring is pretty, but I think it's priced a little high and it's only a size 3.25, so unless you have very tiny fingers that setting isn't going to work for you (doubtful it could be resized substantially). Personally, if I had the budget to do something fabulous, I'd get a custom ring done from Victor Canera. He has amazing OECs he cuts himself. And he could take any vintage inspiration you want and make it exactly how you like. Otherwise, I'd wait until you find something so heart-thumpingly perfect that you whip out your credit card before common sense kicks in! Those are always my favorite pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results