shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy and sad day...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Today my son got his first tooth. It''s a happy day since my little 9mo old son isn''t a newborn anymore...but a sad day because he''s not a newborn anymore. He''s my last baby so that''s why this day is filled with mixed feelings. Tx for letting me vent

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
aw atroop..i''m right there with you. my son is 16 months and he''s my last baby too so each milestone is very bitter/sweet. yay for his first tooth though!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Lol awww atroop - it''s completely understandable! One of my girlfriends used to tell me that every time one of her kids reached one year, she wanted to put them back in her belly and start over. It''s hard knowing they won''t ever be little again!

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
aww atroop, congrats on that first tooth!!

i feel the same way haha i just posted in the newborn thread yesterday about J''s first tooth and asked where has my baby gone...all of these little milestones are so amazing and wonderful but also so bittersweet. i guess it''s just another reminder to live in the moment and enjoy every precious day we have with our little ones
1.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 2:00:33 PM
Author: sbde
aww atroop, congrats on that first tooth!!

i feel the same way haha i just posted in the newborn thread yesterday about J''s first tooth and asked where has my baby gone...all of these little milestones are so amazing and wonderful but also so bittersweet. i guess it''s just another reminder to live in the moment and enjoy every precious day we have with our little ones
1.gif

exactly...you''re so right...live in the moment. It''s camera time

thx mrssalvo and monkeypie... glad to know that''s my thoughts aren''t weird.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 1:43:23 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Lol awww atroop - it''s completely understandable! One of my girlfriends used to tell me that every time one of her kids reached one year, she wanted to put them back in her belly and start over. It''s hard knowing they won''t ever be little again!
lol that''s so how I feel. (didn''t like being sick part of it)

awww Atroop. Yay for the first tooth
36.gif
. We''re on the third now at 10 months and my DD is just agonizing in pain. Fever and all the not so fun stuff that comes along with teething right now
15.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hooray for his first tooth, and hugs to mommy! Seems that it defies logic how fast time goes when you have kids..especially when they''re little.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly how you feel...school starts Monday and my 5 year old starts all day kindergarten, and I will be home with just 1 all day!

And to top it off, she still pronounces the word yellow as "lellow" which is so darn cute. But she was playing with my older daughters and some neighbors yesterday and they all came running up to the house and were yelling "look, we taught her how to say ''yellow''" and now she pronounces it correctly.
8.gif
The older kids were so proud of themselves, but I was upset because that was the last little girl word that she said and now it''s gone.

I told my husband we should be foster parents since I know having #5 is out of the question...he justs laughs and walks away...I get like this every year the week before school starts.
39.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
And its even more sad when your little baby with all her little tiny girl teeth looses the front 2 teeth!!!!! There`s no turning back after that because those are the teeth that really mark the end of being little babies! I was so sad when I saw signs of wobbyliness. I would discourage any wiggling of the teeth.....but they came out anyway!
8.gif

The face ages significantly when the front 2 teeth are adult. It`s so hard holding on to all the bits that make them our babies.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 2:30:36 PM
Author: D&T
Date: 8/18/2009 1:43:23 PM

Author: MonkeyPie

lol that''s so how I feel. (didn''t like being sick part of it)

awww Atroop. Yay for the first tooth
36.gif
. We''re on the third now at 10 months and my DD is just agonizing in pain. Fever and all the not so fun stuff that comes along with teething right now
15.gif

hey DT I hope the teething pain gets better for your DD. My son is just starting and he''s been waking at night crying out (NEVER does this)...so Tylenol is his friend

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 6:41:19 PM
Author: Girlrocks
I know exactly how you feel...school starts Monday and my 5 year old starts all day kindergarten, and I will be home with just 1 all day!

And to top it off, she still pronounces the word yellow as ''lellow'' which is so darn cute. But she was playing with my older daughters and some neighbors yesterday and they all came running up to the house and were yelling ''look, we taught her how to say ''yellow'''' and now she pronounces it correctly.
8.gif
The older kids were so proud of themselves, but I was upset because that was the last little girl word that she said and now it''s gone.

I told my husband we should be foster parents since I know having #5 is out of the question...he justs laughs and walks away...I get like this every year the week before school starts.
39.gif

Aww I know EXACTLY how you''re feeling, My youngest daughter will start all day Kindergarten too this Sept. My older daughter will start the 4th grade and I''ll be home with one for the first time in a LONG TIME. I was looking at my 5yr old and couldn''t believe she''s 5. I look at my 9yr old and that freaks me out. She''s started to go through puberty and I''m SO NOT READY for that. Where did time go? My babies are all growing up. This is why I savor every minute with these delicious kids.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 7:18:31 PM
Author: Sharon101
And its even more sad when your little baby with all her little tiny girl teeth looses the front 2 teeth!!!!! There`s no turning back after that because those are the teeth that really mark the end of being little babies! I was so sad when I saw signs of wobbyliness. I would discourage any wiggling of the teeth.....but they came out anyway!
8.gif

The face ages significantly when the front 2 teeth are adult. It`s so hard holding on to all the bits that make them our babies.

ITTA Sharon. My older daughter was the last to loose a tooth in her class...when she finally lost her first tooth, it was great but sad. Now she''s lost almost all of her teeth and I''m getting a hint of what she will look like as a teen. her face def. changed..it''s matured
39.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2009 7:15:01 AM
Author: atroop711

hey DT I hope the teething pain gets better for your DD. My son is just starting and he''s been waking at night crying out (NEVER does this)...so Tylenol is his friend
thank you atroop- yes tylenol is our friend too
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
atroop, I just sent my middle daughter off to kindergarten today. she was so excited to go, I balled like a baby on my way back to my car. My oldest is in second grade and I so get where you are coming from. I can''t even think about the mess I''ll be when I have to send my little man off to school in 4 years
39.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the tooth! That''s awesome! And definitely {{{HUGS}}} for mommy! Just make sure to have the camera ready for anything and everything!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results