shape
carat
color
clarity

Hanneman and/or Hodgkinson Textbook

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bullitmeister

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Visual Optics book (textbook) by either Hodgkinson or Hanneman? An internet search says that it is out of print. I have read every tidbit I can find on the subject of VO, but I need more help.

I evidentally was a raven in a previous life.
1.gif
Gemstones facinate me, and since I am retired now, this seemed like the perfect hobby.

However, being retired says it all -- no money for expensive equipment or gemology courses.
8.gif

Thanks, in advance, for any help in locating this book.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Or you could write Doc Hanneman and see if he still has any in stock. I bought mine 5 or 6 years ago from him. He can be reached at Hanneman Gemological Instruments, P.O. Box 1944, Granbury, TX 76048.

Richard M.

bullitmeister

Rough_Rock
Thank you brazen and richard for your prompt replies. I''ve emailed the one site, and will be contacting hanneman at the address richard suggested.
1.gif

Barbara

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 9:55:32 PM
Author:bullitmeister

However, being retired says it all -- no money for expensive equipment or gemology courses.
8.gif

Hi Bullitmeister:

Since the other repliers have done a good job helping you find the book, my post relates to affordable instruction.

The International Gem Society (Don Clark, President) and The International School of Gemology (Robert James, President) (two different organizations) both offer very inexpensive and comprehensive courses of gemological instruction. The price is less than 1/10th that of GIA for either program, and you can earn a credential completely on line. The down side is that neither of these fine organizations'' credentials has the world wide industry respect of a GIA (or FGA) diploma. But the information itself is top notch.

If you''d like to take a self-paced scientifically based, college level, introductory survery course in gemology completely for free, mine can be accessed at http://www.bwsmigel.info

Barbara

bullitmeister

Rough_Rock
Barbara...

Thank you so much - I can't wait to check out your free course. Artistic Colored Stones looks like it's a wealth of information.

I'm really getting excited, as I ordered Hanneman's "Affordable Gemology" book last night.

This forum is the greatest!

Bullitmeister (aka Nancy)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results