shape
carat
color
clarity

Handshots of Microset Pear from Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
EDITTED TO ADD: PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

WOW! I just got my ring a little bit ago, and it is INCREDIBLE! I've taken some pictures, but don't feel they come close to doing justice to the ring. I honestly think that of all my rings, this must be the must beautiful! Ok, here's the stats:
Center stone: 2.01 ct., K color, Internally Flawless (originally purchased from WF one year ago)
Pave: .60 ct. ACA G color, VS/SI1 melee
Setting: Platinum, custom made by Whiteflash
Size: The center stone is approx. 11mm x 7mm.....with the microsetting, the outside measurements are now 17mm x 12 mm!
23.gif

Here's my pix: (It is reflecting some black from the camera and pink from my sweater in some of the shots)

mspear1.jpg

mspear2.jpg

mspear4.jpg

mspear5.jpg

A big THANK YOU to Lesley and Whiteflash! I am absolutely thrilled with this ring and your first class service on all aspects!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh gawd, I need a cigarette, anybody got a cigarette? I feel so fulfilled. And I was just about to post a whiney "have you got it yet?"

Exquisite, stunning, downright beautiful.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Wow -- that is certainly a beauty!! That setting is PERFECT for your stone!!!!!! And that K looks WAY white!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
...........that is nice!!........
23.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not usually a pear fan but your ring is absolutely stunning. I love it! Congrats!
36.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
All I have to say is...WOW.

I like how the pictures keep getting closer and closer. I was getting all excited as I kept scrolling down...it felt like if I just kept going a little more the ring would be so close I''d actually be able to touch it!
18.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I, too, think it is the most beautifull of your bunch!

Question -- I thought when wearing a pear it goes the other way, such that the point is facing away from you???

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 4:43
6.gif
5 PM
Author: headlight
Question -- I thought when wearing a pear it goes the other way, such that the point is facing away from you???

I normally see people wearing them that way, and I wore mine that way when I had it set in the cathedral solitaire, as it doesn''t look right when the point of the pear hangs over a band (if you''re wearing another one). But, whenever I see pictures of pears, they seem to always be point DOWN. I have tried it on both ways, and think it looks great both ways, but prefer it point towards me.
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Oh, MA, it is absolutely beautiful. What a difference a setting can make. The previous solitaire setting just did not do your pear justice. This new setting is a keeper!!!!!!

I have always worn my pear the other way too (the point toward the end of my finger), but I have seen people wear them both ways. I say wear it the way you like to look down on it. After all, you''ll be the one staring at it 99 percent of the time.
1.gif

DiamondLil

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 4:26:24 PM
Author: Matata
oh gawd, I need a cigarette, anybody got a cigarette? I feel so fulfilled. And I was just about to post a whiney ''have you got it yet?''

btw, is there another term for this, or should we just call it a "d.o."?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
really lovely, i love the look of the setting and the claws holding the large diamond in!

i have only ever seen pears point down but im sure you can wear it however you want!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2005 5:22:39 PM
Author: belle

Date: 1/20/2005 4:26:24 PM
Author: Matata
oh gawd, I need a cigarette, anybody got a cigarette? I feel so fulfilled. And I was just about to post a whiney ''have you got it yet?''

btw, is there another term for this, or should we just call it a ''d.o.''?
Well, since I have a preference for "ideal" I''d want all of mine to be i.d.o.

But to keep this on track for MA''s masterpiece, the reflection from the pink sweater in the last pic suggests that this would look equally beautiful with pink diamonds.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
It is sooooo beautiful...WOW.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
MA, How ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I want one, I want one!!!

Seriously, the setting turned out just perfect, and that stone is to die for. CONGRATS!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty MaryAlaina!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
All I can really say is "wow"! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You must be thrilled!!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
wow oh wow oh wow oh wow
6.gif

36.gif

storm024

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 4:48:56 PM
Author: MaryAlaina

Date: 1/20/2005 4:43
6.gif
5 PM
Author: headlight

I normally see people wearing them that way, and I wore mine that way when I had it set in the cathedral solitaire, as it doesn''t look right when the point of the pear hangs over a band (if you''re wearing another one). But, whenever I see pictures of pears, they seem to always be point DOWN. I have tried it on both ways, and think it looks great both ways, but prefer it point towards me.
1.gif
I''m sure you can wear it any way you want, but I remember reading somewhere that wearing the point away from you elongates your finger.

Love your ring soooooooo much!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 8
6.gif
2:11 PM
Author: storm024 I remember reading somewhere that wearing the point away from you elongates your finger.
Ah, well maybe that is why I like it the other way.....my fingers are long enough already! lol

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
MA~ just for kicks, can you take some pics of the diamond pointing away from you?
3.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
I seriously need a major drool bucket. Wow MA is it just stunning!
emstar.gif
emlove.gif
emstar.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock

Date: 1/20/2005 8:12:25 PM
Author: ForteKitty
MA~ just for kicks, can you take some pics of the diamond pointing away from you?
3.gif

Here's one, though it didn't turn out as good as the others:

mspear3.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now i''m drooling... (can''t help it, i''m neurotic... I keep wanting to turn it around)

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is just a dream. Wow!
18.gif

I''ve recently started to LOVE pears.
3.gif

*sigh* maybe some day. Until then, I''ll just keep coming back and look at yours. hee-hee
2.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 9:24:10 PM
Okay, now i''m drooling... (can''t help it, i''m neurotic... I keep wanting to turn it around)

When I showed my mathematician/scientist and in general, whiz kid 16 year old daughter, she also insisted I had it on "upside down". I asked her why, and she said, "because whenever you see that shape, the point is at the top." I asked for examples, and she said a raindrop or pear. I said, "So, this really disturbs you that I wear it this way, huh?" YES, she answered. "Is it because I''m violating a law of nature or gravity or something?" I asked her. YES! she said. LOLOLOLOL!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 9:52:50 PM
Author: MaryAlaina

Date: 1/20/2005 9:24:10 PM

When I showed my mathematician/scientist and in general, whiz kid 16 year old daughter, she also insisted I had it on ''upside down''. I asked her why, and she said, ''because whenever you see that shape, the point is at the top.'' I asked for examples, and she said a raindrop or pear. I said, ''So, this really disturbs you that I wear it this way, huh?'' YES, she answered. ''Is it because I''m violating a law of nature or gravity or something?'' I asked her. YES! she said. LOLOLOLOL!
OMG, that''s EXACTLY how i feel!!! everytime I look at your pictures I just keep turning my head upside down... people at work thought i was nuts!
9.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock

For Fortekitty:

mspear2a.jpg

2.gif

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
MaryAlaina,

Your ring is AWESOME!!! What a stunning design...well worth the wait!! I, like Fortekitty, have an urge to turn it around though!!
emteeth.gif

Thanks for sharing the pics, they keep my eyecandy needs in checkl!! hehe

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Love your new setting!!! I like the pear worn point facing up and I''ll explain why. I had a friend who got a pear shape ering and her hubby told her he considered all the shapes before deciding. He thought about a princess because she would always be his princess but decided on the pear. He put it on her finger point up and told her it represented all the tears he''d shed if he didn''t have her.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
So everytime I see a pear I think of that. Ain''t that sweet!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results