shape
carat
color
clarity

Handmade engagement ring - poorly done or just picky?

jay3680

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I had a rose gold diamond engagement ring handmade by a manufacturing jeweler. When I received the finished product I immediately noticed that the band was not symmetrical (with my naked eye). I understand that handmade jewelry is never "perfect", but to me the asymmetry is very noticeable. Where the top of the band joins the setting looks really off. Picture below...in your opinion is the work sloppy or am I just being picky?

Thanks

img_2849_0.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and classic design. Based on this one pic I cannot say for sure whether there is an asymmetry as it could also depend on the angle. Did you discuss this with the jeweller? I would advise you to discuss any concerns immediately.

Also, you will get more responses in the Rocky Talky section of this forum. Hit the 'report concern' button in the right upper corner of your first post and ask the moderators to move your thread to Rocky Talky.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I can tell it is not symmetrical. And no, you are not being too picky. I would definitely, without a doubt, politely ask them to remake it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the prong on the right touching the diamond at all or am I just not seeing correctly this evening?

jay3680

Rough_Rock
packrat|1455074451|3989199 said:
Is the prong on the right touching the diamond at all or am I just not seeing correctly this evening?

I think it's just the glare on the diamond - if the prong wasn't touching I really would have lost it ;-)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Its definitely not symmetrical. And yes that would bother me. I would try to either get it redone or refunded. Its a very pretty and classic design.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lack of symmetry would definitely bug me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results