shape
carat
color
clarity

Handbag help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hi, everyone. Okay, so right now I have a classic Kate Spade black nylon bag that I''ve carried almost everyday for 4 years....needless to say, I think it is time for a new bag. It is still in great condition, I am just finally tired of it! So my style is kind of simple and classic. It needs to be something I can wear as an everyday purse. I am a stay-at-home mom right now so nothing really too fancy. I love Kate Spade, but it seems like she is making less and less to choose from. I was also thinking of splurging on the LV neverfull, because my birthday and anniversary are both coming up, so I wouldn''t feel too bad about it since I tend to wear the same thing for years. Any ideas would be great! Thanks!!! Stephanie
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm i am not sure what to suggest because the KS bags and the LV bags are totally different...in terms of style, design, cost etc.

do you have more specific criteria?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Not really a specific budget....I would ideally like to find something under $300, but if I don''t find anything that I really like, I might just get the LV for a birthday present. Colorwise, I would like something in either a chocolate brown or black.

Oooh, I do like Monarch''s Burberry....saw that one in Bloomingdales over the weekend and really thought it was cute. Thanks for the ideas!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
did you look at Coach? sometimes they have pretty classic styles for around $300ish.

also if you have a Nordstrom Rack or Neiman Marcus Last Call near you, you can find great things. i got a $500 Rafe bag for $180 a month or so ago.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good ideas Mara...I have an outlet mall near me with a Neiman Marcus LC and Nordrom Rack...I think they might have a Coach outlet too, so I will have to check them out also. Thanks!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Just had to chime in that I got the LV Neverfull for my birthday/graduation in August, and love it more every day!! It''s an awesome bag... but as Mara said, definitely very different from Kate Spade... the style is not nearly as structured, and the monogram print is a bit more "showy". But super-versatile and will hopefully last me a looooong time... since there will be no more bag purchases in my immediate future!!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephanie, I love the Neverfull but since it''s really new and the handles are pretty thin I would consider those two things before splurging if you are planning to carry it daily for the next few years. Even if the handles wear out since they''re thinner, you can always have LV replace them for you, but keep in mind there will be a charge for that. If you really want LV and like choco brown or black I think the Damier canvas is great! It''s the checkered pattern with choco brown trim, personally I like the Speedy 30 best in that pattern but there are a ton of other styles. Just a thought...maybe because it''s a bag I''ve been lusting after for a couple months now, lol! I do love my Burberry, it holds a lot but isn''t ginormous, and it''s been very durable so far. A gal came into where I work the other day and had a novacheck tote similar to mine that she bought in London 5 years ago and has been using daily every since, and I swear it looked almost brand new.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Update....think I''m going with the Burberry Nova check tote. It is the perfect size for me and will go with almost everything...Yea! Thanks for all the help and responses!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I was all set to get the Burberry bag, but then we decided to stop by the outlet mall and I fell in love with a chocolate brown Coach bag at the outlet. I know it is probably a couple of season old, but I think the look is classic and still in style. They ony had 2 more, so I grabbed it up. With all the money I saved, I can get a new wallet too! Woohooo! Thanks for the help girls!

steph722765.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results