shape
carat
color
clarity

hand shots of my wife''s rings...GOG 3.34ct, Infinity recut 1.15ct, ACA 1.27 ctw..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF did you ever post where you heard that ''basic rule''? I never heard of it before! Are you sure it''s not the DF rule?
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehe......that IS definitely a df rule. no doubt.
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks guys for all the nice compliments.

researcher/mara.....i agree,the w-band looks best with teh 1.15ct.

patty...i know traditionally girls wear the band inside of the e-ring but, i think she prefers the w-band on the outside.

barbx....if i''m in the market for a mistress i''ll let you know.
2.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
DF, Wow.

What a terrific marriage of quality diamonds!
Brian, Paul and Jonathan all worn on one hand.

A girl could do worse.

Beautiful!

36.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Good night nurse! My grandmother''s 3ct doesn''t look anywhere NEAR as huge on my fingers as that!!!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

I bet she can signal space craft with that rock
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2005 7:15:11 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

HERE''S THE BASIC RULE....(center stone only)
you can go up to a 2.5 rb if your ring size is 3.5 or....4ct if your ring size is 5; 5ct if size 6 etc,etc. and for fancy cuts you can go up to your ring size.
Sounds good to me.
It is easy to deduce a "finger coverage" function like that... one just needs to be obsessed eough to do it! And guess what...

34.gif
To obtain the same "finger coverage" as that 3 carat on size 4 finger... the RULE is:

RBC ctw = 0.5 x US ring size + 1

... no joke
2.gif

DFrule.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So Val according to your equation... I would need a 4c on my size 6 finger to have it look the same as DF''s wife?

DF''s wife has a size 4.75c finger and a 3.34c...is the equation still correct?
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2005 1:11:28 PM
Author: Mara
So Val according to your equation... I would need a 4c on my size 6 finger to have it look the same as DF's wife?

DF's wife has a size 4.75c finger and a 3.34c...is the equation still correct?
Well... that simple regression line is a darn good fit
39.gif
'Guess so.

But... this is really not very realistic. The look might be there if yours is the only diamond on the continent and no one has seen any other. Otherwise, 4.75 would be allot larger in real, 3D life than 3.34. Nowhere but in a finger photo this "finger cover" ratio ever sounds important. Anywhere there are "standard" objects for refference - so it is easy and natural to distinguish a small finger with a small diamond on top of it from a large finger with a large diamond !
9.gif

In hand-and-ring-only pictures it takes a skilled anatomist to guess the size of the hand.

So, really, even if correct, that chart is a joke
2.gif
All it describes is a visual illusion - it measures right the wrong thing. Some time ago you told a story of buying some storm candles that looked huge in reality when you expected them to be small judging from online pictures. Same with the 4 carat bauble - that can only seem as large as 3 carat on a silly chart...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2005 1:11:28 PM
Author: Mara
So Val according to your equation... I would need a 4c on my size 6 finger to have it look the same as DF''s wife?

DF''s wife has a size 4.75c finger and a 3.34c...is the equation still correct?
2.gif
Mara
it''s simple math,according to the basic rule.....you could go up to a 5ct rb or a 6ct fancy cut (center stone) for your size 6 finger.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. WORD.
23.gif

Gorgeous, blinding stones.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

A girl could definitely get a little GREEN over here!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOWWWW DF! Great pics of those sparklers on her hand. I love how the 5 stone looks -- on her fingers everything looks huge! Thanks for posting.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
DF, what a great calculation! I''m going to get right on my DH and let him know that we''re not following the "basic rule". I''m kinda getting the feeling that he''s not going to be too happy about it though! hehehe

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/12/2005 11:13:18 AM
Author: didiamond
DF, what a great calculation! I''m going to get right on my DH and let him know that we''re not following the ''basic rule''. I''m kinda getting the feeling that he''s not going to be too happy about it though! hehehe
didiamond
yep....with your already GIANT size rocks
6.gif
you might break rule.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results