shape
carat
color
clarity

hand shots, fire shots, flower shots and an ode to Paul Slegers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
As promised, I am following up with hand shots (and I got some fire and flower shots today, too!). For those of you who didn''t see my other thread, this is my new anniversary ring (upgraded from a blue sapphire ring). It''s a Crafted by Infinity diamond, .53 J VS2
diamond
set in Vatche''s platinum Royal Empress setting. I bought the ring and setting from Wink of High Performance Diamonds -- a great experience! Wink''s site

Thank you again to everyone on Pricescope for your advice and suggestions!

I now need wedding band suggestions! A Tiffany-style Etoile or Bezet band? A 1.7 mm 3/4-eternity band? A yellow gold and platinum mixed band (modern, brushed - custom by Wink perhaps)? The Danille from Whiteflash?

I have about a dozen photos to upload one at a time, so be patient!

The first three photos are my "Ode to Paul Slegers" who is the owner/designer of Crafted by Infinity diamonds. The diamond is sitting on a matchbox from my husband''s and my favorite restaurant, called Sardine. Sardine is a Belgian-inspired bistro (Paul is from Antwerp) and serves the best mussels and frites (outside of Belgium, of course!).

ode1.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Such lovely colors and contrast in this stone! Thanks, Paul!!!

ode2.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
More colors...maybe some arrows in a few of these...not too good at arrows shots yet!

ode3.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is very beautiful! I love the sardine box photos... how unique!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Hand shots -- be warned, these hands have a few years on them!

computerhand.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
A profile of my hand and the ring

handprofile.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
And my favorite -- online shopping for my upgrade!!!

onlineshopping.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
A feeble attempt at arrows - got to start somewhere to get as good as Ellen at arrows shots someday!

arrowsledge.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
A cool B&W photo of the profile of the ring -- this Vatche setting isn''t very popular on Pricescope. I think she needs some loooooove and appreciation! Maybe this will inspire some of you closet Royal Empress types to post your rings!

bwprofile1.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Some flower shots...sigh...this diamond has such amazing contrast and crispness.

peonycontrast.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
In the peony...

softpeony.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Profile of ring in peony...

peonyprofile.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
And, last, but not least, some fire shots!

spjfirec.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wow-za! Turquoise!

spjfireb.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Last one -- Thanks again everybody! And thanks to my husband for his help with the photos. I will now wean myself from Pricescope and resume my normal life!

spjfirea.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 6:38:42 PM
Author: sarap333
And my favorite -- online shopping for my upgrade!!!
Hehe LOVE THAT!!! Gorgeous ring
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not seen this setting before (well, before your other thread), and I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
sarap33,
Tell us the truth.....how can that be a J???? Just kidding!
9.gif

It looks so crisp icy white. OMG!!! Please someone just slap me!!!!!
32.gif
I love the setting. It looks perfect on you.
Congrats!!!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful ring and the peony shots are AMAZING!!!!

Gor-geous!!
31.gif
31.gif

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring
30.gif

Did you have them make any modifications to the setting such as a "brushed" platinum look and a more rounded shank? Maybe it''s just seeing it closer and form different angles in your photos but it looks a bit different form the website pictures. Either way it''s gorgeous!!!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring, i''m surprised that setting isn''t more popular
1.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the shopping on the internet picture, that is pretty cool! As for the Sardine box, well we hade Maatje yesterday, which I probably misspelled and it is 4 in the morning here, so I think I will NOT wake Paul to ask him, which is like an overgrown sardine. We had them plain with a light salad on the plate and large baskets of very good Belgian Bread with butter.

So it is perhaps only coincidental that you used Sardine boxes, but it was quite appropriate.

I really liked the colors in this burst, that was cool.

spjfireb.jpg

I am also attaching a photo of two ladies eating maatje.

maatje.jpg

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Sara -

I recognize those matchboxes... You must live in the capitol city as I do! I love Sardine, it is one of my favorite restaurants as well!

Your ring is beautiful... and I see those arrows! Congratulations :)

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1, princessplease, Topodazzle, Skippy -- thanks for the compliments! I very much appreciate that you all took the time to look at my photos!

joelly: Yes, I''m another proud owner of a J in platinum :) Scandalous, isn''t it?

jeg80, ficklefaye, diamond-dana: Thanks for your comments on the setting. I, too, wonder why this setting isn''t more popular. It''s actually very delicate, and the shape of the band is really comfortable. The band is very round, that''s why I choose it. The finish is satin (Wink can correct me if there''s another term for it). The satin finish really makes the diamond "pop" and it gives it more of a contemporary look to it, which I like. I think the pictures of the setting on D''Vatche''s website look different because they were taken with a 1 carat stone (see photo below). My stone is only .53 carats so the head is much more delicate and it sits higher on the band. That''s what I see anyway. (Again, Wink can correct me if there''s another explanation).

Again, thanks everybody for your interest in my ring!

Vatche144.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
KatyWI -- Small world! Yes, you are correct, it is the Sardine restaurant in our wonderful capital city with the great view of the lake and the excellent food! I just posted on your thread about your beautiful rings a little while ago!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wink, it sounds like jet lag has got you bad! What a funny coincidence that you and Paul were out eating large sardines -- whatever they''re called! Yum, sounds delicious, and the bread is wonderful -- why can''t we get bread like that in the States? Anyway, glad you liked my photography; the neighbors must have got a kick out of watching me in the backyard with my camera, trying to catch "fire"! And even my husband got a chuckle out of the online shopping picture, though his eyes got really big when he saw the word "upgrade"!!!

P.S. To any of you lurkers reading this, Wink is great to work with, and he feels like an old friend even though we''ve only met in cyberspace. So much for the "impersonality" of the web!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
beautiful and sparkly! love it!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Vatche setting which I have not seen before. It looks lovely on your hand.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Love the setting and your diamond is gorgeous, congratulations on your upgrade
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results